Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Reform as Leicester Fosse, is a better name anyway 

25 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

If he's still here for the Forest game then I genuinely think it's time for FC City of Leicester.

FC Leicester Fosse at the Saffron Lane Stadium.

Big local derby against Friar Lane Old Boys. Gerritdun. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Honestly, I’ve gone past just wanting Brendan out. I want the board, Top, Susan etc. out as well these guys have benefitted from the loyalty of one man - when left to do it themselves, well….this is the result.

I just can't actively call for Top to leave. He gets longer for me but I fully accept he's failing us currently 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

It's not like BBC new are gonna cut the coverage of the queen's funeral for 'We have breaking news regarding Brendan Rodgers, let's go to our sports correspondence live at The King Power stadium' lol

Yup this won’t be getting any coverage on Mourn Hub, doubt it will factor into any decision although I do think announcement is more likely on Tuesday. I personally still think he we will keep his job somehow, until the Forest game at least. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Besides his weakness in mentality, his biggest problem has been his clear blindspots.

He really loves to focus on defence as we all know. He talks about it all the time. He insists on starting Ndidi at all costs despite his poor form, recklessness, lack of ball controlling ability for a PL player, goes into hiding when we are in possession etc, all that because he sees (like some fans here) him as the “destroyer” and his inclusion automatically means we are better in defence. But ironically, his mistakes regularly costs us goals and his lack of ball controlling ability means that the whole team pays for it by being a handicap and puts us under more pressure to make a mistake defensively especially when pressed and during the transition moments.

We often concede at moments when we are under pressure and we turn the ball over because of that. Ndidi is ok the rest of the time when our defence is settled, but it is when our defence has yet to settle back in formation that has been our biggest problem. Much of the time it starts because of our handicap.

We are so much better ironically defensively when Mendy is on. 

I can’t believe for a supposed elite coach Rodgers could not see this. I know not many can judged by the fan sentiment here until recently, but Rodgers gets paid £10m a year!

I’m starting to think the board had no contingency plan or any list of potential replacements should it all go tits up/BR got poached. Either that or they’ve fallen for his nonsense about being able to pull us out of tue mire.

Regardless for how much I detest Chelsea, I admire the pace the moved at to replace Tuchel.

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Honestly, I’ve gone past just wanting Brendan out. I want the board, Top, Susan etc. out as well these guys have benefitted from the loyalty of one man - when left to do it themselves, well….this is the result.

Interesting point, I personally never had any doubts over the future running of the club after that night in October 2018. It was all about the sadness and loss.

Looking back, it seems more and more that Vichai was the one who knew what he was doing and since he has gone, we’ve slowly fallen apart….

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Rodgers tenure has been in decline for over 18 months, the FA cup was the sticking plaster that covered up the gaping wound that has now become infected with gangrene. 

I say, old chap, steady on, I've only just had my breakfast! :S

Actually, you're right.....in fact, the gangrene-infected leg fell off yesterday and ended up being gnawed by rabid rats! :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What’s stopping us from announcing Today?

Nowt, only waiting the outcome of the meeting I imagine. They may defer until a replacement (who must have been identified already, surely) or they may wait unto after the Queens funeral. (I get that too)

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If you want Top out, then you won’t have a football club. Nobody is going to invest.