Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, trugerkem said:

Listening to Brendan Rodgers post match press conference ( which is hard work btw) I swear he has watched a different game to the one I watched …

He doesn’t actually see the games mate. He’s too busy writing his note book “I am a beautiful and successful man” over and over. Page after page. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

….

I have seen others such as @The Year Of The Foxand @filbertwayget vilified for being amongst the earliest to turn on BR. They were accused of being entitled. Maybe just maybe they could see the warning signs early and we’re not afraid to call them at the time? 

Some people are just more reactive, some less so, such is life. They were right, I know I was wrong that’s for sure.  lol

Either way, it’s not like it makes any difference at all is it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, reynard said:

They just collapse at the first sign of the other side upping their level. This isn't new they did the same last season too.

It's probably been longer than that even. I certainly recall teams (WHam for instance) being able to do it with a regularity. The blue print to negate our Rodgersball has been out there for some time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Some people are just more reactive, some less so, such is life. They were right, I know I was wrong that’s for sure.  lol

Some people were being careful what they wished for.

...And a few still incredibly are! 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No of course, I think 99% of us want the same thing now and we all want what it best for the club even if that’s in different ways at times. I also suspect that personal feelings towards BR play a part in the speed in which people have wanted change. I have openly said that was the case with me, I am in no ways entitled as a supporter, I loved the League One season and the championship promotion pushes. We also had the season before promotion when we had a similar collapse under NP and I never wavered on him as for me, it is about the personality of the team, the fight and desire. The lack of all these is what long since turned me against BR. Teams definitely inherit the personality of the manager and we have seen BR’s true personality in recent weeks….

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Maybe it's the fact that funds were not available in the summer.  Top probably feels he is partly responsible & is giving Rodgers longer than he should. 

Unfortunately he needs to grasp that sentiment & loyalty in sport (in our situation especially) should be put to one side. 

...I think that there is probably a deal in principle with Martinez that he will take over after the World Cup!!!

Up on till then, the Board would not see the benfit of an interim manager, for that to once again change to another manager down the line. If the interim manager is a success, then we have a Shakespeare situation where we may look to reward him by giving him the managers role.

We will therefore not be able to divulge any details if Martinez is coming,  in order not to impact on  his World Cup preparations. 

We will either have to wait for Belgium's exit, before announcing this, and at the same time relieving Rodgers of his tenure.

This would answer a lot of what we are seeing now, no response to results, and just when you believe it cannot get any worse, it does.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think that there is probably a deal in principle with Martinez that he will take over after the World Cup!!!

Up on till then, the Board would not see the benfit of an interim manager, for that to once again change to another manager down the line. If the interim manager is a success, then we have a Shakespeare situation where we may look to reward him by giving him the managers role.

We will therefore not be able to divulge any details if Martinez is coming,  in order not to impact on  his World Cup preparations. 

We will either have to wait for Belgium's exit, before announcing this, and at the same time relieving Rodgers of his tenure.

This would answer a lot of what we are seeing now, no response to results, and just when you believe it cannot get any worse, it does.

We cannot wait until after the world cup.... that's clear 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Martinez , I bloody hope not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Harry the Cat said:

Be careful what you wish for…

i agree i get the feeling Brendan may have been identified by Vichai. hence the paying of compensation to get him and now the hesitation to remove Brendan.

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Is that based on inside information or just your opinion? I have to say it's a particularly bizarre scenario and would be way too late to prevent us being relegated.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Our Belgium players would be happy!

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are you staying you put it past our club to announce it during the queens funeral?

Of course they won’t. None of them will be working. The entire club and staff will be off for the day. Do you know how badly it will look to be working on the day of the monarchs funeral?

There are always a range of opinions when things go wrong.  For me the deciding factor is to look at behaviors that have been constant and then extrapolate them forward:

Rodger is so keen on his system he plays square pegs in round holes.  He is so keen on posession we cant risk a pass to creat a chance.   Players get injured playing for todgers.  Rodgers wastes money. Rodgers has sloping sholders...in the long run he cannot be an inspirational leader. 

These things were always there and always going to mean he is not the right guy for us.