Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

In the last 2 fixtures we have taken the lead and in both games gone in at half time at 2-2. At half time both managers have had a chance to regroup and prepare to go and win the game. In both matches our opposition have come out in the 2nd half and taken us apart whilst we have looked like a disorganised rabble. 

This cannot continue, £10m a year for a coach who cannot get any sort of positive reaction during half time. Honestly believe he will be gone by this evening and the new manager will be in by Wednesday/Thursday in time to have a week of preparation before the Forest game 

But he’s ‘Brendan Rodgers elite manager’…?

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

Not the first time an FT analogy has left me puzzled.

Which one of ours is William, standing ready to helmet-lift us out of the bottom 3?

Or is 'William' supposed to represent our fighting spirit, in which case I still have a helmet question

Is it - Who thinks we’re playing like a bunch of helmets led by a helmet ? 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He can’t get the forest game, surely? It’s too big a risk to let him stuff that one up too….. 

absolutely. We need a new manager and for the crowd to really get excited about something and being vocal about it. Letting him put out a side with everyone anticipating the inevitable will be so toxic. What are they waiting for?

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He can’t get the forest game, surely? It’s too big a risk to let him stuff that one up too….. 

Hopefully  the club are doing the right thing and waiting til Tuesday.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Astonished that he's survived the night.

What on Earth is the club doing? How can they not realise what is going on? This side is top half quality and is on 1 point from 7 games.

Man up, Top. Make the decision we can all see needs to be made.

I could be wrong, but I can't see them announcing it officially until Tuesday. 

This whole period of mourning has gone to levels I never expected and I think for good PR reasons and to be seen as respectful they'd delay it.

Just now, Raj said:

Hopefully  the club are doing the right thing and waiting til Tuesday.

Tuesday is no less brutal than today... if indeed it is brutal.

I got my gas and electric bill today. 

As long as it isn't done on Monday, that would be disrespectful.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Yeah I did ! 
the club were able to make purely financial calls in the summer and chose to go down varying routes, one of which is that players were being paid a lot to be part of the squad and if you want someone in then someone has to leave. 
they could have negotiated on that to rid themselves of players but chose not to 

to do that with rodgers now opens them up to criticisms of hypocrisy. 
I reckon for that reason they will endeavour not to go down the gardening leave road. 

there won’t be anyone around today and I expect the complex is shut tomorrow. They may well decide to do it today but if I was them I wouldn’t want to be accused of using the queens funeral and lead up as being used ‘a good day to bury bad news’. Most non Lcfc fans would see rodgers sacking as being undeserved. That the club are responsible by denying him funds. 

a chunk of players will be off on international duty and others will be off for a few days away if they can. There is no training this week. 

They know the vast majority will still be there every week - we don’t get to choose our club and we have an irrational need to be there 

Something was never quite there. As a supporter you would have done a lot for Nigel. Granted that puel wasn’t a ‘fans man’. Rodgers was somewhere in between. given our ‘success’ under him, it should have been a stronger relationship 

I don’t know if I ever enamored myself to Rodgers the same way I did Pearson.

He brings that on himself with his Brand Rodgers PR spin and lack of “passion” on the sidelines.

So, I’m in total agreement that considering his initial success that you’re right with there NOT being the same love/support for Rodgers like others suggested.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, filthyfox said:

Tuesday is no less brutal than today... if indeed it is brutal.

I got my gas and electric bill today. 

As long as it isn't done on Monday, that would be disrespectful.

There is a bigger news story going  around like it or not  for the last week or so if you open your eyes.

Everyone's PR machine is running overtime not to conflict anything with that.

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

Sounds like Fab thinks he will be on his way.

I mean it’s hardly groundbreaking what he has suggested,

“For sure, the situation at Leicester is worrying. Brendan Rodgers’ future will be discussed internally in the next hours and days, no decision yet as of last night,” Romano said.

Look I’m in the know, internal talks will continue for the foreseeable future if a decision is not made today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Is it - Who thinks we’re playing like a bunch of helmets led by a helmet ? 

No Keoxy, it isn't that question. I do understand your use of 'helmet' as a rhetorical device though, so I'm grateful for that. 

• Thanks 1