Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

54 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I seriously don't get how you or anyone can have this train of thought about the board? 

Let's assume they were losing interest or planning to sell, please explain how wanting the team to go down helps them sell it?

More to the point why would they want that considering the countless millions  they've invested into the infrastructure and development of the club?

I truly am open to the reasons justifying  your comment.

Exactly. Makes the decision to keep him all the more baffling. We're only headed one way with him in charge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Is it European sanctions we're in danger of breaching? 

The spending limits only disallow us from competing in Europe. They can’t stop us sacking him.

But **** it. I’d take an instant demotion into the Championship—swapping our position with Watford—if only to jettison Brendan Rodgers forever.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

The spending limits only disallow us from competing in Europe. They can’t stop us sacking him.

But **** it. I’d take an instant demotion into the Championship—swapping our position with Watford—if only to jettison Brendan Rodgers forever.

So if we breach them we just get banned from Europe for a year or so? When we won't be playing there anyway as it is? 

Apologies as I'm sure this will have been gone over a thousand times on here but I've just not looked. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Doesn't add up, they didn't want to sell Fofana and they rejected low ball bids for Soumare, Praet, Iheanacho, Maddison and Castagne. 

I was told we needed to raise £80m this summer but we didn't do and weren't planning on selling Fofana until next summer at the earliest so I don't know what on earth they are up to. Not sacking Brendan isn't to do with money.

Its the only explanation I can think of that rules out both incompetence and negligence. We must have hit some sort of bottle neck with the finances. 

Just now, Dames said:

Its the only explanation I can think of that rules out both incompetence and negligence. We must have hit some sort of bottle neck with the finances. 

It's so so strange, I thought it was because they no longer trusted him and wanted to force him out but sadly that's probably a pipe dream. Regardless, he is going in the not so distant future, every additional game they fail to act is hugely risky and heads will roll if they get this wrong.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Doesn't add up, they didn't want to sell Fofana and they rejected low ball bids for Soumare, Praet, Iheanacho, Maddison and Castagne. 

I was told we needed to raise £80m this summer but we didn't do and weren't planning on selling Fofana until next summer at the earliest so I don't know what on earth they are up to. Not sacking Brendan isn't to do with money.

I’d agree with this. If it is money related, more of a principle of paying him than physically not being able to? If that was the case, surely the game of chicken is going too far now….

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's so so strange, I thought it was because they no longer trusted him and wanted to force him out but sadly that's probably a pipe dream. Regardless, he is going in the not so distant future, every additional game they fail to act is hugely risky and heads will roll if they get this wrong.

Rolling the dice big time leaving him in place for Forest. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Everyone stop discussing it J. James has spoken  

Yeah fair point bud, l just get so frustrated seeing all the "he's getting sacked if"  etc. etc. And fellow diehard, lifelong city fans building up their hopes only to be dashed... Again.

Just horrible to watch something you love being dismantled and be powerless.

1 hour ago, JonnyBoy said:

He’s not going is he 

I logged on today expecting to read about his sacking. Hopefully it's being negotiated and gets announced on Monday. Keeping him now means the board doesn't mind relegation - and that message sifts through the entire organization so it's likely to be self-fulfilling.