Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

Dyche is a free agent following his departure from Burnley in April, after 10 years in charge, and lives in the East Midlands.”

:unsure:

If this happens. god help us a defensive minded manager with the worst defence in the prem. i may vomit

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

You can read it in many different ways. It could be a hint from the club that a change is coming but it won't be until after the Queen's funeral. It could be an indication that the club are moving towards "reluctantly" sacking him, but they aren't quite there yet. Or it could be nothing, but Percy doesn't often write articles that are purely conjecture and rehashing of existing information.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I can't believe players and management aren't due back in until later this week. Unbelievable. 

Everything about this club is so fvcking soft at the moment. 

We need a hard reset. 

Pretty standard to have a day off after an away match, especially with an international break coming, and there is no way the club would want the players training tomorrow for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Just now, Ricey said:

Pretty standard to have a day off after an away match, especially with an international break coming, and there is no way the club would want the players training tomorrow for obvious reasons.

It's pretty standard, but these aren't pretty standard circumstances.

• Like 1

With an entire world full of football managers, if the most creative we can be with our search is recruiting a known lacking quantity because he happens to live in the Midlands we have fundamentally failed as an institution. 

How can we be so competent in our finding and recruitment of young footballers across Europe and be so unimaginative at finding managers. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Just proves how soft the club is top to bottom. They should have all been hauled in today, especially after the past few games. 

36 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

We’re hearing way too much of this for it to not be true. Once again like most of the issues at the club, it’s a football club not run by football people. We will die like this. 

Idiots parroting ideas they want to believe makes the idiots parrots rather than the ideas true.

As for your second point: cool.

51 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Just been sent this. 

53ECAD3F-F310-463F-8228-1AA9EC30FE68.jpeg

...if this is to believed, Top and Rudkin needs to consider their positions as it is so far removed from what is best for the club!!!

I wonder who is on the Senior Board, as it appears they have a better grasp of the situation. 

Interestingly, Whelan not listed as a "Rodgers In" so the previous information regarding one person holding up the decision is either been reported the wrong way round, or they are looking to keep him here despite Whelan's protestations. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

"Reluctantly" sacking a manager who is presiding over an absolute shambles and has openly slagged off his squad, his supporters and his employers.

The team isn't a bottom level side but the rest of the club is firmly there and deservedly so.

I would hope that the reluctance is more due to the large financial cost to sack him rather than reluctance because they want to give him more time

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would hope that the reluctance is more due to the large financial cost to sack him rather than reluctance because they want to give him more time

I want to believe that but I'm not sure. They've gone all in for this. It was never going to be an easy decision for them. Rodgers was the man years before he arrived.

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

With an entire world full of football managers, if the most creative we can be with our search is recruiting a known lacking quantity because he happens to live in the Midlands we have fundamentally failed as an institution. 

How can we be so competent in our finding and recruitment of young footballers across Europe and be so unimaginative at finding managers. 

To be fair, I got the impression from the article that it was an assumption from Percy. He will be considered as he is available and has recent experience in the Premier League, but hopefully that consideration will soon be dismissed.

• Like 2

Just now, CrispinLA in Texas said:

So the board are Reluctant to sack him ..... 

But feel they will be forced to do so 🙄

Rodgers really has the media and our board on strings doesn’t he.

Never seen such love for someone who has not really proved himself to be anything other than a mid table PL side manager. 

• Like 2

Sod it, if they are not going to sack him this week make him stay to see out his contract to witness his and our tragic downfall. Get the notion out of his head that he is going to make an easy £10m , make him live in purgatory till 2025, stood on the sidelines with yet another notebook scribbling his notes. 

• Sad 1