Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I doubt they go for Dyche in all honesty. They don't want a team that plays like his Burnley side did and he complains at least as much as Rodgers does.

I personally think they'll be looking abroad. 

• Like 1

Can imagine Dyche going to Forest, if they get rid of Cooper.

Forest need stabilising; they need stability after much growth within a short space of time under Cooper. Think Dyche can do that, instead of Rodgers.

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Sankey93 said:

Can someone post the Percy article ? 

Rodgers has an anxious wait over the international break to see if he is going to be sacked

Board reluctant to change manager

Frank a possible contender, Dyche would also be considered

Pretty much it

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Brendan Rodgers’ future as Leicester manager is increasingly uncertain ahead of the international break.

Rodgers and his players do not report back for training until later this week following the 6-2 hammering at Tottenham on Saturday evening which leaves the club bottom of the Premier League.

Leicester have lost six games in a row, conceding 22 goals so far this season, and Rodgers’s position is under serious scrutiny.

Rodgers is now facing an anxious wait over the international break to discover if he is given more time, with Leicester’s board considering whether reluctantly to change their manager.

Brentford’s Thomas Frank has emerged as a possible contender to replace the Northern Irishman, though compensation could be an issue with Leicester under pressure to reduce their cost base due to Financial Fair Play regulations.

Frank insisted after his side’s defeat by Arsenal on Sunday that he remains “very happy” at Brentford.

“It’s a very simple answer,” he said. “I am here at Brentford, very happy. I am reading very little of these rumours. 

“I have been told to be a little aware of it, if I get questions, and of course it is nice to be linked with it because it is something we have done here and done well. That is positive.”

Former Burnley manager Sean Dyche will be considered if Leicester do make a change, due to his availability and vast experience of the Premier League.

Dyche is a free agent following his departure from Burnley in April, after 10 years in charge, and lives in the East Midlands.

Leicester do not return to league action until Monday Oct 3 when they host rivals Nottingham Forest.

Rodgers has been in charge since February 2019 and admitted after the defeat at Tottenham that his position was in jeopardy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Rorab said:

I think what hurts the most about the whole situation isn't just that we're awful. I mean don't get me wrong, it's a huge part of it - but it's not the thing I think that hits the hardest.

It's that I just can't understand the idea that the people in charge can look at the complete circus show we've become in all areas of the club including off the pitch and think that it's okay, think that the course we're currently on is anything other than a shambles.

The longer this goes without him going, the more I just feel disconnected and the less trust I have with the people in charge and I think that's the worst part.

I think we'll sack Rodgers at some point but the damage is done and continues to be done imo, it has marred the trust I have in the people in charge to do what's best for the club and I think it has for a lot of us.

Yep, i agree with that totally. We are all just left to wonder. We all want it to end but this continual silent treatment, poor performances and off field mess ups really do evaporate the trust. How far we seem to have fallen. Huge reset needed. Every time i check the news and there is nothing it just makes me ever more despondent. I hope the club is still in the ‘the

right hands’ because this has all just gone too far.

2 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

We will know tomorrow… but club announcing it but there will be stories written if he’s gone. If there’s nothing then he’s here for good and we are going down 

Wouldn’t announce it on queens funeral I wouldn’t have thought? 

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Rodgers has an anxious wait over the international break to see if he is going to be sacked

Board reluctant to change manager

Frank a possible contender, Dyche would also be considered

Pretty much it

Thanks mate, this isn’t what I was hoping for ffs.

Cue change at Forest then so they get Dyche before we can. 

‘Reluctant’ to change the manager?  Are they reluctant to stay in the Premier League?  I know it’s probably just guff, but it has a smelly ring of truth to it. 

I think we’re screwed folks. Top isn’t his father unfortunately and prevarication often leads to disintegration. Currently we are falling apart before our eyes. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Brendan Rodgers faces anxious wait to discover Leicester fate

Manager's position is under serious scrutingy after six successive defeats as the club contemplate making a change

18 September 2022 • 8:38pm

Brendan Rodgers is due to return to Leicester on Tuesday with his future as manager increasingly uncertain.

Rodgers and his players do not report back for training until Tuesday following the 6-2 hammering at Tottenham on Saturday evening which leaves the club bottom of the Premier League.

Leicester have lost six games in a row, conceding 22 goals so far this season, and Rodgers’s position is under serious scrutiny.

Rodgers is now facing an anxious wait over the international break to discover if he is given more time, with Leicester’s board considering whether reluctantly to change their manager.

Brentford’s Thomas Frank has emerged as a possible contender to replace the Northern Irishman, though compensation could be an issue with Leicester under pressure to reduce their cost base due to Financial Fair Play regulations.

Frank insisted after his side’s defeat by Arsenal on Sunday that he remains “very happy” at Brentford.

“It’s a very simple answer,” he said. “I am here at Brentford, very happy. I am reading very little of these rumours. 

“I have been told to be a little aware of it, if I get questions, and of course it is nice to be linked with it because it is something we have done here and done well. That is positive.”

Former Burnley manager Sean Dyche will be considered if Leicester do make a change, due to his availability and vast experience of the Premier League.

Dyche is a free agent following his departure from Burnley in April, after ten years in charge, and lives in the East Midlands.

Leicester do not return to league action until Monday Oct 3 when they host east Midlands rivals Nottingham Forest. 

Rodgers has been in charge since February 2019 and admitted after the defeat at Tottenham that his position was in jeopardy.

Just now, TMELcfc said:

No I meant we wouldn’t announce it tomorrow but if he’s gone we should hear something via a journo 

He isn’t gone now. He won’t be gone tomorrow. I doubt he’ll be gone the day after that. Looking like he’ll still be here after the international break. 

• Sad 1

Do we know what the players actually think?

we know that they lost faith in puel (certainly true of senior players like vardy and kasper) ahead of his departure 

we know that they were increasingly uncertain of ranieri’s decisions ahead of his sacking 

if they haven’t lost faith in rodgers then perhaps that’s kept him in place 

but the way they’re playing doesn’t encourage this thought process - they hardly look like they’re running through( walls - they are trying but they could be trying harder …..

Just now, st albans fox said:

we know that they lost faith in puel (certainly true of senior players like vardy and kasper) ahead of his departure 

we know that they were increasingly uncertain of ranieri’s decisions ahead of his sacking 

but the way they’re playing doesn’t encourage this thought process - they hardly look like they’re running through( walls - they are trying but they could be trying harder …..

Madders defended him yesterday in his post match interview. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

KDH isn’t impressed from what I’ve heard. I think he got stuck into the lads last week from what I’ve been told. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

Madders defended him yesterday in his post match interview. 

That doesn’t surprise me 

players (in public) won’t throw coaches under the bus (as opposed to coaches). They know that at some point a new manager will come in and they want to be seen as being supportive 

but word does tend to leak out of the camp 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

That doesn’t surprise me 

players (in public) won’t throw coaches under the bus (as opposed to coaches). They know that at some point a new manager will come in and they want to be seen as being supportive 

but word does tend to leak out of the camp 

Didn’t Tanner say a few weeks ago the players are puzzled by his tactics?