Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

40 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I doubt they go for Dyche in all honesty. They don't want a team that plays like his Burnley side did and he complains at least as much as Rodgers does.

I personally think they'll be looking abroad. 

Agree. Preki might be on the short list.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

It's admirable when a captain goes down with his ship, less so in Brendan Rodgers case, when the captain is the reason why the ship is going down in the first place.

May be the board are not aware of the Titanic and believe LCFC is unsinkable? But they are wrong, Captain Rogers has placed us on the rocks and is clueless as to how to refloat.

EXCLUSIVE

COST A FOX 

Leicester price up cost of sacking Brendan Rodgers in £10m-plus deal with Brentford’s Thomas Frank wanted as replacement

CASH-STRAPPED Leicester are calculating the cost of sacking manager Brendan Rodgers after a sixth consecutive defeat leaves them stranded at the foot of the Premier League.

Rodgers is one of the highest-paid managers in Britain, with only Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and Antonio Conte earning more than the Northern Irishman’s £10million-a-year.

And with a contract which still has almost three years to run, it will cost in excess of £10million in severance pay to get rid of the 49-year-old.

But with the club spending just £15million in the summer transfer market and set to report record annual losses of £120million, the big question is whether they can afford to wield the axe.

Rodgers, who was appointed Leicester boss in February 2019, appeared almost resigned to his fate following Saturday’s 6-2 hammering at Spurs.

He said: “I know how football works and I totally understand the frustration of the supporters. I cannot hide from that because it’s my responsibility.

“Losing the last six games doesn’t make great reading but whatever happens to me here at Leicester, I will always respect this club."

Now chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and director of football Jon Rudkin will decide over the forthcoming international break whether Rodgers has reached the end of the road.

Brentford head coach Thomas Frank is the name at the top of their list of potential replacements.

But the highly-rated Dane only signed a new contract to 2025 in January and is in no rush to leave the ambitious west London club.

That could leave Leicester to turn to Sean Dyche, who has been out of work since his shock sacking by Burnley in April and would not cost a penny in compensation payments.

Dyche, 51, lives in the Midlands and has also been linked with managerless Bournemouth in recent weeks.

It’s madness when you consider that our transfer business last summer was considered a risk. Even if each player was a success, on paper it wasn’t like each signing was a considerable improvement on the squad. Vestegaard and Bertrand were always squad players. Daka was one for the future - never an immediate Vardy replacement. Soumare probably was considered a first team player but in a switch between Ndidi and/or Tielemans. 

We basically crippled ourselves for a mediocre summer - it would’ve been more fun if we spunked £150m and bought two Brazilians for shits and giggles. Even when we take a risk we **** up what actual risk taking is

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Nothing tonight, hoping for some stories tomorrow 

Not happening. He’s going to be clapping from the dug out in his funeral suit at the forest game. Good news is he’s got 2 weeks to brush up on his excuses. 

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Not happening. He’s going to be clapping from the dug out in his funeral suit at the forest game. Good news is he’s got 2 weeks to brush up on his excuses. 

Sad thing is, in all seriousness, us sticking with him is not only relegating us, but embarrassing us in the process. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

But your story was about an existing leader, proving rumours of his death to be premature and thus galvanising his troops. It was a bloody awful analogy. 

So, you didn't like it. Never mind. Not my problem. The point is we have the troops not the leader.  But seems to have escaped you. Don't bother to reply because I can't be arsed. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

I am serriously wortied if Top thinks Rodgers can redeem himself.  Worse , every week he is here is making escape harder for the next manager.

The club is a shit show.  Players marginalised,  arguing on the pitch,  confidence low, ward un droppable, manager blaming everyone else....  we cant unite under rodgers.  As a smaller club we have to pull together... that cant happen with toxic brendan in situ.

Its a sliding door monent for Top now.  This moment will define him.

...I  feel it has already, when it came to making the decision he hasn't got it in him!!!

You would always be sure the owners were keen to steer this ship, and anything looking like taking us off course would be pushed aside ruthlessly, in order for us to continue on our journey.  That belief has gone out of the window and you realise the hand at the wheel,  does not know where he is going.

Does he belive,  his inaction, is in anyway benefitting this club, all it proves is he cannot be trusted to put hist duty to the club, aside from his personal feelings, whether it is fear from making an error of judgment, and releasing Rodgers from his contract, or continue the inaction hoping someone or something will make the decision for you.

It is now too late Khun Top, you have failed to carry the torch that was unceremoniously passed to you, the embers are dying and the people are looking on.

28 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I've just stumbled across "Leicester fan TV" on Facebook and I cannot believe the support he still has. 

.. you can gauge it by the reaction at the ground!!!

When your opponents start sing "sacked in the morning" and like any disgruntled fanbase, you would join in and keep it going, then you would have "you don't know what you're doing" sung for some time, none of that is happening at the grounds and it is why there is no outward pressure on the Board to act.

The media will not see a story unless it is gift wrapped for them, but once they pick it up and run with it, things happen fast.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:
EXCLUSIVE

COST A FOX 

Leicester price up cost of sacking Brendan Rodgers in £10m-plus deal with Brentford’s Thomas Frank wanted as replacement

CASH-STRAPPED Leicester are calculating the cost of sacking manager Brendan Rodgers after a sixth consecutive defeat leaves them stranded at the foot of the Premier League.

Rodgers is one of the highest-paid managers in Britain, with only Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp and Antonio Conte earning more than the Northern Irishman’s £10million-a-year.

And with a contract which still has almost three years to run, it will cost in excess of £10million in severance pay to get rid of the 49-year-old.

But with the club spending just £15million in the summer transfer market and set to report record annual losses of £120million, the big question is whether they can afford to wield the axe.

Rodgers, who was appointed Leicester boss in February 2019, appeared almost resigned to his fate following Saturday’s 6-2 hammering at Spurs.

He said: “I know how football works and I totally understand the frustration of the supporters. I cannot hide from that because it’s my responsibility.

“Losing the last six games doesn’t make great reading but whatever happens to me here at Leicester, I will always respect this club."

Now chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and director of football Jon Rudkin will decide over the forthcoming international break whether Rodgers has reached the end of the road.

Brentford head coach Thomas Frank is the name at the top of their list of potential replacements.

But the highly-rated Dane only signed a new contract to 2025 in January and is in no rush to leave the ambitious west London club.

That could leave Leicester to turn to Sean Dyche, who has been out of work since his shock sacking by Burnley in April and would not cost a penny in compensation payments.

Dyche, 51, lives in the Midlands and has also been linked with managerless Bournemouth in recent weeks.

Yeah good idea. Top should discuss this with John Rudkin, and then sack Rodgers.

Then he should also sack Rudkin for being a significant part of why we’re out of transfer cash.

Edited by Sublime_Coatsworth