Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

37 minutes ago, Mendi said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/19845414/leicester-price-rodgers-sacking-frank-replacement/

No cash to sack him off. Where has the money gone to...

It’s poor accounting. It’s basic “calculated” risks on a low risk product. Say we were a road laying company. We’d risk contractual income on external spend. Here we’ve done with two huge infrastructure build. What our CFO and board have failed to do is take into account that our product is volatile. Yes, we’d have the income but that would be based predominantly on us finishing top 6 for however many more seasons. The idea of relegation wouldn’t have even crossed their mine (which is foolish).

We can say what we like about Brendan - who needs to go. However the board collectively have made some catastrophic errors which will cripple us for years. See Bolton, Charlton, Sunderland as example - we are more likely to replicate them in a few years than Leicester 19/20. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s poor accounting. It’s basic “calculated” risks on a low risk product. Say we were a road laying company. We’d risk contractual income on external spend. Here we’ve done with two huge infrastructure build. What our CFO and board have failed to do is take into account that our product is volatile. Yes, we’d have the income but that would be based predominantly on us finishing top 6 for however many more seasons. The idea of relegation wouldn’t have even crossed their mine (which is foolish).

We can say what we like about Brendan - who needs to go. However the board collectively have made some catastrophic errors which will cripple us for years. See Bolton, Charlton, Sunderland as example - we are more likely to replicate them in a few years than Leicester 19/20. 

.. the owners stipulated when they took out the loan for Seagrave that there were no trouble in servicing the debt and had factored in relegation!!!

They did not overlook the obvious.

Covid came about and devasted clubs, we chose to furlough our staff when other clubs were looking to take the easy option. Talk about significant losses will only be true when the yearly reports are filed at Companies House,  so we will know what to belive then. 

From where we are at the moment,  presently in limbo, this club had integrity and a sense of doing the right thing,  for the club and the community at large. It really is time Top began to remember what this club is about, it is way bigger than him, he should know that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. the owners stipulated when they took out the loan for Seagrave that there were no trouble in servicing the debt and had factored in relegation!!!

They did not overlook the obvious.

Covid came about and devasted clubs, we chose to furlough our staff when other clubs were looking to take the easy option. Talk about significant losses will only be true when the yearly reports are filed at Companies House,  so we will know what to belive then. 

From where we are at the moment,  presently in limbo, this club had integrity and a sense of doing the right thing,  for the club and the community at large. It really is time Top began to remember what this club is about, it is way bigger than him, he should know that.

Was last summers business during the “covid period” ? 

43 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Can someone explain to me why we are spending cash on expanding the stadium when we are facing relegation and smaller crowds?

Putting the expansion/development on hold to pay Rodgers his severance, seems to be an option worth consideration.

Because we're not going down and there are plenty of teams which under football logic are worse than ours. I have a feeling the board is trying to convince a big name to take control. 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Because we're not going down and there are plenty of teams which under football logic are worse than ours. I have a feeling the board is trying to convince a big name to take control. 

Well I hope you're right but if I was at the helm, I'd add capital expenditure savings to the rest of their cost saving measures.

31 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Well I hope you're right but if I was at the helm, I'd add capital expenditure savings to the rest of their cost saving measures.

The problem is if you are waiting for a glory period to invest you might never get it again.  They kicked this off when we were flying high, and now we are in a dip.  If we were to be relegated no doubt it would be on hold, but they will rightly be thinking they can sort it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smudge said:

Can someone explain to me why we are spending cash on expanding the stadium when we are facing relegation and smaller crowds?

Putting the expansion/development on hold to pay Rodgers his severance, seems to be an option worth consideration.

Because we are thinking long term and not just what happens at the end of an individual season. 
The budget for the stadium would also have nothing to do with the budget for wages and a severance package.

It’s very clear that part of the problem we find ourselves in now is due to our failure to generate enough income, to do this we need to invest.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

The problem is if you are waiting for a glory period to invest you might never get it again.  They kicked this off when we were flying high, and now we are in a dip.  If we were to be relegated no doubt it would be on hold, but they will rightly be thinking they can sort it out.

I understand that and have some empathy with it, but they seem to be at extremus with their finacial diligence so I'm not sure how that fits

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

It's the lack of self respect with Brendan which bothers me. Has he no shame making some of these decisions?! How can it possibly do him any favours to potential suitors :S

With the amount of money he'll receive and what he got from Liverpool and general wages, he will never have to work again. His dreams of a big club have gone and to a large extent found out despite his lack of finance bleatings and excuses. The media still loves him and he'll always get a job there pontificating like a knowledgeable sage and tactical genius.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

I think the negotiations surrounding his exit will be quite complex, i am pretty sure the club will be looking to reduce the compensation package and offer Rodgers the opportunity to leave by mutual consent or resign albeit with a severance package. Could well be a game of poker this week, which side will blink first and would Brendan put his professional pride and reputation over an increased pay off. 

14 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This is it. Half the problem is that the owner and club hierarchy have gone all in on Brendan because they know nothing about football. They couldn't do what Brighton have done and scout managers across Europe, for example. This makes Brendans position more secure than it should be.

Rudkin had never heard of De Zerbi until yesterday.

5 hours ago, Smudge said:

That money comes out a completely different pot, it’s FFP that’s doing us, we have money to spend but can’t spend it. After we get through this period the owners need to get a grip of us spunking cash, the people that sort wages etc needs looking at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tired of the money excuse. The owners still have enormous wealth regardless of covid. Bar Seagrave, their own money hasn’t been used for years. 

Sack him now or make the clubs value plumpet and be left with an asset which they can’t sell. They will be considered poor business people if they let this fester.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This is it. Half the problem is that the owner and club hierarchy have gone all in on Brendan because they know nothing about football. They couldn't do what Brighton have done and scout managers across Europe, for example. This makes Brendans position more secure than it should be.

Despite the rumours of us tracking Amorim before 98% of this forum had heard of him lol

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

It's the lack of self respect with Brendan which bothers me. Has he no shame making some of these decisions?! How can it possibly do him any favours to potential suitors :S

Agree but knows he has a huge payoff and he will believe he will get another opportunity at a prem club - maybe never a big club but still he will also be secured for life……sadly he has showed his limitations here 

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The idea we can’t afford 10 million to pay him off sounds ludicrous to me.

It bollocks the media are just jumping on the fact that we’ve not been active in the transfer window.

If one member of the board is digging their heels in, it’s because of loyalty, and that person has to be Top. We’ve probably got a separate pot of money for the manager, this isn’t a question of finance, it’s the face one person is clinging onto the hope Brendan will turn this around, but they’re blind to the fact he has thrown the towel in and wants out. 

Edited by Pliskin

The more this drags on, the more I actually worry for the club. Not just a poor finish this season but I feel like some really bad decisions have been made. I've moved about a fair bit and I've witnessed what happened to Bury, Macclesfield and the hangover of Portsmouth. 

I really hope I'm being dramatic but it can happen to anyone, if enough bad decisions are made. 

• Like 2