Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

The more this drags on, the more I actually worry for the club. Not just a poor finish this season but I feel like some really bad decisions have been made. I've moved about a fair bit and I've witnessed what happened to Bury, Macclesfield and the hangover of Portsmouth. 

I really hope I'm being dramatic but it can happen to anyone, if enough bad decisions are made. 

Not dramatic at all mate, things are going from bad to worse at the minute. Rather fitting that we have Man City on Halloween weekend. Scariest thing that I can think of right now.

Edited by BeaumontFox
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I think the negotiations surrounding his exit will be quite complex, i am pretty sure the club will be looking to reduce the compensation package and offer Rodgers the opportunity to leave by mutual consent or resign albeit with a severance package. Could well be a game of poker this week, which side will blink first and would Brendan put his professional pride and reputation over an increased pay off. 

I think the moment for rodgers to resign over lack of funds may have passed. 

to leave now would look akin to jumping from a sinking ship - he’s made his bed in that respect.  clearly he made a judgement that the narrative he’s pushed over the summer will protect his coaching reputation of/when he’s sacked.  We’ve likely been involved in negs with his people for some time. I expect his angle has been that he’s not leaving and he’s going to sort it out. 

3 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The sacking has to happen tomorrow doesn't it? Surely it's happend already and they're just waiting to release the news now. 

If we get to Wednesday and it's not, I might have to switch off for a while from football for my own sanity. 

I would say Friday rather than Wednesday 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The sacking has to happen tomorrow doesn't it? Surely it's happend already and they're just waiting to release the news now. 

If we get to Wednesday and it's not, I might have to switch off for a while from football for my own sanity. 

If it's happened already we'd have heard about it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Was last summers business during the “covid period” ? 

...it would have had an impact as we were still coming to grips with the loss in revenue and having to cover the shortfall from the previous financial year!!!

I was emphasising that something came about after the infrastructure plans were agreed, and the probable 5 year plan was put in place, that nobody expected, and to an extent we are still dealing with it.

If we take a look at King Powers figures, along with our owners wealth  and the immense decline in their monetary value, it seems that it will take some time to get back to where they were.

Let’s be honest his next club, will not be Manchester City or any of the Top 6. He will be lucky to get another premier league gig.

That’s why he doesn’t want to be sacked not to mention his salary as well, but truth be told the board need to wake up and smell the present day, the past has happened if they look at our trend in performances we are regressing and have been for a while a change is most certainly needed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Let’s be honest his next club, will not be Manchester City or any of the Top 6. He will be lucky to get another premier league gig.

That’s why he doesn’t want to be sacked not to mention his salary as well, but truth be told the board need to wake up and smell the present day, the past has happened if they look at our trend in performances we are regressing and have been for a while a change is most certainly needed.

Remember that article touting him to takeover Man City when Pep leaves?

I'd ****ing love watching him rip them apart

:crylaugh: 

Chance has gone now though :cry: 

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Rodgers would get another PL job easy. Maybe a West Ham or someone of that ilk would go for him. Despite there being a clear pattern that is being exposed with us. 

I think other clubs in the premier league will see him as busted flush, he will probably need to go abroad to rebuild his reputation.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

With an entire world full of football managers, if the most creative we can be with our search is recruiting a known lacking quantity because he happens to live in the Midlands we have fundamentally failed as an institution. 

How can we be so competent in our finding and recruitment of young footballers across Europe and be so unimaginative at finding managers. 

I think many fans favouring Dyche is just them identifying him as being able to organise a team and especially a defence.

that and whoever comes in needs to hit the ground running.

Agree tho he not the most exciting candidate.

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Rodgers would get another PL job easy. Maybe a West Ham or someone of that ilk would go for him. Despite there being a clear pattern that is being exposed with us. 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

I think other clubs in the premier league will see him as busted flush, he will probably need to go abroad to rebuild his reputation.

It’s pretty clear now that he has a shelf life - plenty of PL clubs would do well to give him a job on a three year deal.   he may have to swallow his pride and take a contract of that length (or one which has a non publicised break option after year three) 

Interesting that the Thai media are highlighting this.. maybe Top is getting the feelers out in the Thai media? And no I cannot read Thai lol

RnG1NBlG_x96.jpg

เบรนแดน ร็อดเจอร์ส ส่อแววร้อนๆหนาวๆแล้วหลังผลงานย่ำแย่ พา เลสเตอร์ ซิตี้ รั้งบ๊วยของตาราง มีเพียง 1 คะแนน ล่าสุดบ่อนถูกกฎหมายยกให้ ฌอน ไดซ์ อดีตกุนซือเบิร์นลีย์ เป็นเต็ง 1 ที่จะเข้ามารับงานแทน ดูบอลสดฟรีที่เว็บ #365LIVEBALL #ดูบอล #ดูบอลสด #ดูบอลฟรี #LCFC

Obvs none of us know what has been said in the past between Top and Rodgers but whatever else BR is or isn't he certainly ain't stupid.
When his stock was high and other top clubs were linking him l could imagine him saying to Top words to the effect - "I'll stay because l promised l would but there may be a time l need your faith and support, can l count on your support if that time ever comes? "
If Top gave an undertaking to this effect then a man of his word (which I'm sure our owner is) would and should keep it no matter what.
Of course this is probably speculation and he may be sacked tomorrow but l really dont think so.☹️

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would have had an impact as we were still coming to grips with the loss in revenue and having to cover the shortfall from the previous financial year!!!

I was emphasising that something came about after the infrastructure plans were agreed, and the probable 5 year plan was put in place, that nobody expected, and to an extent we are still dealing with it.

If we take a look at King Powers figures, along with our owners wealth  and the immense decline in their monetary value, it seems that it will take some time to get back to where they were.

I’m not disputing any of this. I’m asking you, with your wisdom, was last summer covid impacted ? I stand by my original comments. There is risk taking and then there is stupidity. We are currently in the ****ing moron stage.  

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

...if I  can take you back to Puel!!!

Right under our nose this chap had a man management problem and an inability to communicate, yet Southampton (who he had taken to their best position and in the F.A Cup) chose to jettison him as quick as they could, and we picked him up.

All those difficiences were there, there fans were up in arms, and we could not wait to embrace him.

Clubs will seek to bring him (Rodgers) in, because of prior success and what they perceive to be safe.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I can see him getting another Premier League job after Leicester City job. It just won’t be for a big club. Then he might struggle again due to a lack of resources. 

7 minutes ago, J. James said:

Obvs none of us know what has been said in the past between Top and Rodgers but whatever else BR is or isn't he certainly ain't stupid.
When his stock was high and other top clubs were linking him l could imagine him saying to Top words to the effect - "I'll stay because l promised l would but there may be a time l need your faith and support, can l count on your support if that time ever comes? "
If Top gave an undertaking to this effect then a man of his word (which I'm sure our owner is) would and should keep it no matter what.
Of course this is probably speculation and he may be sacked tomorrow but l really dont think so.☹️

...I  think the hefty salary made up for any future support that Rodgers would have been looking  for!!!