Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We never sack our managers straight the way, Puel wasn't announced for a couple of days.

Next Day after losing to Palace.

Ranieri was next day after losing away to Sevilla, in the bloody airport if rumours are to be believed.

Shakespeare was sacked next day after drawing to West Brom leaving us in the bottom 3.

So based on the last 3, we always sack our managers straight away.

Edited by Matt

Just now, Ric Flair said:

We never sack our managers straight the way, Puel wasn't announced for a couple of days.

This. They will be discussing the media messages, severance packages, as well as anything else they have to discuss…..

Hopefully a scene similar to game of thrones where they drag him through the streets shouting shame at him.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Puel was sacked the day after Palace iirc.

I can only hope that the delay in sacking Rodgers is because they're already talking to his replacement and want a smooth transition; it's not unusual for Premier League clubs to announce the sacking of a manager and then the appointment of their replacement within 24 hours, sometimes even within hours of each other.

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Putting Rodgers on gardening leave would also probably mean we'd be more likely able to negotiate a lower release fee for him as he'd probably realise it would damage his career even further and he'd want to move on. 

I have no idea about the legalities of football managers and gardening leave though.  They might have some human rights protection or something! 

Lol. The gardening leave thing is simply a joke, in the world of mega high salaries, contracts are book like and the duties of someone like Rodgers are minutely defined - l rather doubt the word gardening is mentioned - any serious deviation from the terms of said contract would be constructive dismissal and the club wouldn't have a leg to stand on (as well as no pot to p**s in).

Nice image though - Rodgers digging through what he usually talks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ttfn said:

But that’s not the point is it, it’s not just about whether we have the cash on hand it’s whether we can afford it which is a separate question.

Best case scenario we end up paying 2 managers’ salaries for a period of time. We genuinely may not be able to afford that even if we have the cash sat in our account at the moment.

As far as I’m concerned it’s a no-brainer, you pay him off to stay up and save the tens of millions later down the line. But that is easy to say when you’re not responsible for the money.

It's exactly this. Ironically, sacking him may actually be cheaper than keeping him depending on how long it is before he gets another job and how much we pay his replacement. That's without factoring the cost of relegation 😬

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Lol. The gardening leave thing is simply a joke, in the world of mega high salaries, contracts are book like and the duties of someone like Rodgers are minutely defined - l rather doubt the word gardening is mentioned - any serious deviation from the terms of said contract would be constructive dismissal and the club wouldn't have a leg to stand on (as well as no pot to p**s in).

Clubs like ours need to spell out early terminstion rights and terms in our manager contracts 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J. James said:

Aye, good point. I actually witnessed someone at the top disintegrate in my profession. They were given the boot but also received a big pay off. Doesn't happen like that lower down the rungs...

• Like 1

Trying to think of another Job where an individual fails to produce what he or she is paid to do and upon termination of the employment contract gets a full compensation.   I suppose this is the benefit on working on a fixed term contract as opposed to those of us on one months notice? 

• Like 1

Just now, Collymore said:

Aye, good point. I actually witnessed someone at the top disintegrate in my profession. They were given the boot but also received a big pay off. Doesn't happen like that lower down the rungs...

Lol.... and such is life buddy, to them that hath.....

I unfortunately do think he gets the Forest game which is an absolute scandal but anything but a victory vs them will make Top and the board so unpopular that they will insane if they still didn't act.

I think we are already cutting it too fine to stay up anyway, but there's part of me that is intrigued to see just how vile the atmosphere will be vs Forest and almost hope he stays this one final game. 

The board have and will be toying with getting rid of Rodgers though and that's likely to have taken place yesterday and more talks this week, the indecision though is what is unnerving.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I unfortunately do think he gets the Forest game which is an absolute scandal but anything but a victory vs them will make Top and the board so unpopular that they will insane if they still didn't act.

I think we are already cutting it too fine to stay up anyway, but there's part of me that is intrigued to see just how vile the atmosphere will be vs Forest and almost hope he stays this one final game. 

The board have and will be toying with getting rid of Rodgers though and that's likely to have taken place yesterday and more talks this week, the indecision though is what is unnerving.

The problem is Forest is also scuffling with a manager on the ropes, so numbnuts could blunder his way to a win and be safe for another two months.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Splits in the crowd.

One half merrily, happy clapping away chanting "Brendan Rodgers Blue and White Army"

The other half chanting Rodgers Out, perhaps some chants towards Top and the board.

Scowls from either side of the divide at each other causing verbal and physical arguments.

Wonderful.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

...the people taking attendance at games are nowhere near the feelings that are running through Foxestalk!!!

There will be little show of resentment should we lose, call it apathy or a new breed of supporters, but they are not energised to show dissent. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Part of leadership is being seen to act... to show what is and is not acceptable ...to send a message to emplyees that their efforts will not be wasted.  To go on with Rodgers is to disresoect the players, staff and fans.

Vichai and top have given us everything... that the club is Tops to do as he pleases... but he is losing the confidence of the fans now.  Its Shakespearian.

Edited by foxinsocks

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The problem is Forest is also scuffling with a manager on the ropes, so numbnuts could blunder his way to a win and be safe for another two months.

I’d actually take Cooper if Forest got rid. He has been let down with the high turnover of players there, how is any manager suppose to get them to gel at this level? He showed how good he is in getting them off the bottom (could he do it at a level up?) and with the England youth side.

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...my answer is yes, it was, for all the reasons I previously stated!!!

If you belive that our present problems are financial,  then without the actual  figures in front of me I cannot comment. Also without that information I  am unable to persuade you that you are wrong in your assumption and the club deciding to continue with the expansion is not folly.

If we had another £100m pounds in the bank, we would  have been able to spend in the summer as the FFP ratio would not have been where it was. The two things are inextricably linked, more money coming in(via trading), reduces the ratio.

Should we have taken out the loan and invested in the squad, deferring the expansion? we would still have had the situation where we needed one out to bring one in, because the ratio would have been unaffected, because the extra money available was not introduced to the company through trading.

Can’t comment but did. How about we both wait for the results. 

2 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I’d actually take Cooper if Forest got rid. He has been let down with the high turnover of players there, how is any manager suppose to get them to gel at this level? He showed how good he is in getting them off the bottom (could he do it at a level up?) and with the England youth side.

I'd certainly at least consider it an option.