Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Joe90lcfc said:

Not having that! The spineless board whose job it is to make the right decisions, Rodgers should have been sacked weeks ago! He is still here why?? Wake up and smell the coffee we are rapidly in decline 

Agreed. After the fourth consecutive Danny Ward selection he should have had his integrity questioned. We’ve become a joke with our goalkeeping situation. More than 50% shots on target conceded - unreal. Memes online about us. It’s becoming very embarrassing right now. We could have had a couple of draws and at least one win if it wasn’t for that one element. All Brendan’s fault.

8 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

Spineless board? We really don't know what's going on behind those walls and we owe that board a world of success we never thought we'd have, so let's be less finger-pointy for now maybe? 

I would say that the sense of gratitude is why the fan base has been so patient and is only now after the past couple of games, starting to question the board/Top.

You are correct we do not know what is going on behind the scenes but what is clear is that it has to be either down to belief that everything is fine and he’ll turn it around or not financially able to act. Either of those points towards bad management of the club.

The only third option really is that they know he needs to go and do have the finance and it is a matter of principle/playing chicken if you like wanting him to walk/agree to a lower pay out. That was fine for the few few weeks but after these last couple of games, if that’s what it has been, it should be panic stations now and swallowing their pride/principles and doing what is right for the club. 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Any severance deal will have clauses inserted where neither party can bad mouth the other 

Shouldn't need it though of course, right? After all, he 'respects' them..... :yawn: 

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Not having that! The spineless board who’s job it is to make the right decisions, Rodgers should of been sacked weeks ago! He is still here why?? Wake up and smell the coffee we are rapidly in decline 

It's very easy to make £10m decisions from behind a keyboard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

I have a really strong feeling that he’s gone tomorrow. The respectful Thais wouldn’t sack someone on a national day of mourning (or the lead up to it). 🤞🤞

Regardless of the fact that the board are perhaps waiting for the Queen's bank holiday and funeral to be over or maybe seeing the international break as a more fitting time to show Rodgers the door, then it goes without saying that anybody else of Premier League manager ilk would've been sacked from the club by now following this run of form. Some have said he should've walked in the summer but that he stayed with the premise of being given transfer funds to "refresh" the team. For whatever reason that never happened though (lack of trust from Top as to funds being squandered by Rodgers again, or perhaps maybe a lack of funds altogether for beneficial transfers). Recruiting a no.3 keeper on a free after the shock departure of Kasper, Smithies and more recently Faes are hardly the answer to changing our fortunes for the time being or indeed long term!

IMO Rodgers' departure should've happened after the crumble of the team in the heavy Brighton defeat. No surprises that the Spurs game on Saturday was an exact replica of that to follow either - and yet the after match outcome of Rodgers still being here has also somehow been replicated! Even if they have nobody lined up to replace him still you think thyey would use Stowell and co. as stand ins again and thenurgently address the matter before it's too late and nobody wants to come here. I still don't buy the line that the club can't afford to honour the remainder of his contract and then let him go. That should've already happened two weeks ago.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guy said:

Regardless of the fact that the board are perhaps waiting for the Queen's bank holiday and funeral to be over or maybe seeing the international break as a more fitting time to show Rodgers the door, then it goes without saying that anybody else of Premier League manager ilk would've been sacked from the club by now following this run of form. Some have said he should've walked in the summer but that he stayed with the premise of being given transfer funds to "refresh" the team. For whatever reason that never happened though (lack of trust from Top as to funds being squandered by Rodgers again, or perhaps maybe a lack of funds altogether for beneficial transfers). Recruiting a no.3 keeper on a free after the shock departure of Kasper, Smithies and more recently Faes are hardly the answer to changing our fortunes for the time being or indeed long term!

IMO Rodgers' departure should've happened after the crumble of the team in the heavy Brighton defeat. No surprises that the Spurs game on Saturday was an exact replica of that to follow either - and yet the after match outcome of Rodgers still being here has also somehow been replicated! Even if they have nobody lined up to replace him still you think thyey would use Stowell and co. as stand ins again and thenurgently address the matter before it's too late and nobody wants to come here. I still don't buy the line that the club can't afford to honour the remainder of his contract and then let him go. That should've already happened two weeks ago.  

I would be prepared to pay him out week by week and int he mean time will will ask the development coach to run the first team.  WE cannot unit until rodgers is gone.
[I don't think this will be the case at all as I expect there is a fair chance that Rodgers will compromise to be able to move on.]

1 minute ago, Joe90lcfc said:

Oh do one Brendan, it’s very easy from behind the keyboard to know it’s going to cost a lot  more then 10m if we are relegated 

Of course it is, but as per my earlier point, we have no idea what's going on. I want him gone as much as you, but I have a bit more faith in a board who've got more right than wrong since they were installed. 

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I would be prepared to pay him out week by week and int he mean time will will ask the development coach to run the first team.  WE cannot unit until rodgers is gone.
[I don't think this will be the case at all as I expect there is a fair chance that Rodgers will compromise to be able to move on.]

This week will probably be more revealing I suspect re the international break as regards the timing of such a decision. I'd be beyond amazed if Rodgers was still here for the Forest game now. Media talk is that the next three games are more winable than the previous three v Man Utd and a very in form couple of teams in Brighton and Spurs....and that Rodgers might be given time to preside over those three games to come - but the manner of two of those three latest defeats was alarming from a defensive viewpoint! Also wouild we be any better again three so called lesser teams who we traditionally struggle against too in Forest, Bournemouth and Palace?! - seeing how we capitulated to end up drawing v Brentford and threw it away against Southampton - both occasions being at home!!    

• Like 1

If its not been announced tomorrow then he's not going before the Forest game. My gut feeling is the noise with Frank is real and everything will be dependent on whether Frank can be convinced to move on. I imagine this will include some sort of transfer kitty for the January window, although the likelihood is we will also lose key player(s) in the same window (Youri and Madders?).  I really don't think we will go for Dyche, so if Frank decides to stay at Brentford then its game over for now. 

10 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

The more this drags on, the more I actually worry for the club. Not just a poor finish this season but I feel like some really bad decisions have been made. I've moved about a fair bit and I've witnessed what happened to Bury, Macclesfield and the hangover of Portsmouth. 

I really hope I'm being dramatic but it can happen to anyone, if enough bad decisions are made. 

Funny you mention Portsmouth. There's actually some quite eerie similarities if you read number 2 on this: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/worst-premier-league-runs-all-time

We are not immune from this. We can be if we apply some common sense but the non-sacking of Rodgers really does make you fear that it isn't there.

Edited by Dan LCFC