Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I'm genuinely dreading to think what the atmosphere will be like against Forest if he's still in charge. This board really haven't seen the worst of our fans but if he's still here I'm pretty certain they're in for a rude awakening. In fact I actually think they'll need to increase the stewarding because I can see it kicking off amongst our own fans in certain parts of the ground. If they don't bring BRs reign to an end it'll be the easiest team talk Steve Cooper ever has to give and the most effortless 3 points Forest will earn all season. 

• Like 1

Due to injuries you could say he had a worst 11 for much at last season, except for Schmeichel over Ward, but still managed to get the occasional draw  or win, the Liverpool 1-0 being a prime example. The fact he has a better first 11 right now yet we're doing a lot worse tells you how badly broken the whole thing is. Only one thing can stop the rot. If he's not gone by Tuesday i will have to resign from FT and start following NFL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Puel had a similar stay of execution, not quite to this extreme but it was made quite clear to any potential appointment that we aren't trigger happy. That point is well and truly proven now; we are a cool and calm business; great place to be a manager!

Now sack him, please!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Gonna be some pretty embarrassed people on here come the end of the season and Rodgers has us nestled safely in14th place.

Man won us the FA Cup ffs!! Needs more time.

I’m sorry but 14th place with a squad with Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Barnes, Castagne, Iheanacho, Justin, Soyuncu, Dewsbury-Hall and Ricardo in it would still be considerably underachieving, even if you accept the likes of Vardy, Evans and Albrighton are now past it (which I’m far from convinced they actually are).

Edited by Sampson

Unless Rodgers dramatically changes our fortunes then the board will have to sack him eventually so they will have to make the pay out.

The only reason I can see them not doing it is they either truly believe he can change things or they want him to quit. I just can’t see either of these happening.

Sorry if someone has already said this as I haven’t read all the pages but I just thought to myself that I couldn’t fathom what benefit waiting could possibly do.

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I’m sorry but 14th place with a squad with Maddison, Tielemans, Ndidi, Barnes, Castagne, Iheanacho, Justin, Soyuncu, Dewsbury-Hall and Ricardo in it would still be considerably underachieving, even if you accept the likes of Vardy, Evans and Albrighton are now past it (which I’m far from convinced they actually are).

Pretty sure he wasn't being serious :D

Can anyone see us out scrapping Forest for a win at home in the next game?  That's what it will need to be.  An almighty scrap.  Can't see Tielemans and the like wanting to get stuck in.  We'll concede scrappy goals and Ward will be bullied on the line.

Then we'll have the "we need to up the level of intensity" line from Rodgers etc etc. and be 6 points adrift. 

46 minutes ago, Wortho said:

I fail to believe that KP are skint and can’t afford to payoff Rodgers… I think it’s utter nonsense and they are failing the fans with this incredulous behaviour.

It's been said enough times, the money is there. We have just pushed ahead with the Stadium expansion ffs. 

Forest is a must win game now. It's very simple really, He's got to get the players back onside whatever has gone on. He's got to rally them into the mentality that we're in a battle and win them over to commit accordingly. It's die for the cause time.  If he doesn't there's no way we move forward.

He then he has to play our best players available in their best positions. They're the two starting points.

When he has done that he has to devise a plan that works. Not the same shit he's been serving up. All the opposition are too wide to us now.

A new plan that moves the ball quicker and takes advantage of the really good attacking threat we have. 

The defence needs to play closer together, Not distant like they were on Saturday.

If he cant somehow do that then I fear for the worst.

Driving home a moment ago I had to slam my brakes on as three little fox cubs ran out in front of me and off into the undergrowth.

I'm sure it's an omen, just not quite sure how to interpret it.

3 more days of Brendan?

The elusive 3 points?

Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Gonna be some pretty embarrassed people on here come the end of the season and Rodgers has us nestled safely in14th place.

I wish i had your optimism but sadly i really can't see that happening lollol

Edited by lee7

47 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pretty sure he wasn't being serious :D

I’m not…

I think we can say if it doesn’t happen today, it’s not happening until relegation is a formality.  The obvious excuse is off the board and we’d already gotten past the point where keeping him around looked remotely sane,

29 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Driving home a moment ago I had to slam my brakes on as three little fox cubs ran out in front of me and off into the undergrowth.

3 more days of Brendan?

The elusive 3 points?

Maybe I'm reading to much into it.

He’s got 3 years left on his contract I believe??😳

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

There goes the voice of either deep optimism or deep sarcasm!  

46 minutes ago, Rain King said:

3 more days of Brendan?

The elusive 3 points?

Maybe I'm reading to much into it.

Fox cubs = youth team; Undergrowth = Forest?

If 3 youth players make their debuts next match, charge into Forest and play starring roles in a great victory, I'll remember your post.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2