Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, ian__marshall said:

I'm genuinely dreading to think what the atmosphere will be like against Forest if he's still in charge. This board really haven't seen the worst of our fans but if he's still here I'm pretty certain they're in for a rude awakening. In fact I actually think they'll need to increase the stewarding because I can see it kicking off amongst our own fans in certain parts of the ground. If they don't bring BRs reign to an end it'll be the easiest team talk Steve Cooper ever has to give and the most effortless 3 points Forest will earn all season. 

Forest are no great shakes but lose our first Premier League match to them since before the Millennium then that surely has to be time up for the gaffer!

Was just thinking of results under Brendan and the ones which were most embarrassing, I came with the following:

4-1 Bournemouth - collapse

4-2 Newcastle - collapse

4-2 Spurs - collapse

1-0 Norwich

4-1 Forest *sackable result*

3-2 Spurs - the mother of all collapses *sackable result*

2-1 Fulham

4-1 West Ham

5-2 Brighton *sackable result* 

6-2 Spurs *so bad now that it’s sack Brendan, the board and get Top off the top seat*

i then thought of someone who absolutely destroyed our club, Peter Taylor. Did he ever have results as bad as this ? 

Wycombe was seriously embarrassing - Taylor’s Forest if you like.

5-0 Bolton - still happens to be one of the worse performances I’ve ever seen from us. 

I remember in his first season we went on a 8 game losing streak but were we truly embarrassed in those games ? Like Spurs 3-2 embarrassed ? Bournemouth 4-1 embarrassed - I was a lot younger so can’t recall if we were but from what I can, I don’t think we were.

We lost 5 of our opening 8 games the following season. We were embarrassed against Bolton and had a 4-0 defeat against Arsenal - which back than wasn’t embarrassing. Otherwise, we lost games but not that horrible pit of your stomach feeling we got against, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Spurs (x2), Forest, West Ham etc. 

We are left with a squad with too many players not good enough to even make the bench. We have players who not that long ago were very good now void of any sort of confidence. Defensive mistakes are now standard each game. We collapse as an expectation now. Financially we are potentially crippled by the poor transfer business (amongst other reasons). 

**** it, I’m going to say it - Rodgers (for me) is at the very least on par with Taylor. 

The difference is we got rid after it was inevitable! How many opportunities are this board going to give him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Things aren’t great now, but I would say you would have been too young to remember how bad things were under Taylor - How can the manager who has won us the FA Cup and 2 of the best finishes in our clubs history be on par with the worst manager we’ve had since the PL era began. 
You’ve compared results over 3 years to results over 18 months and left out all of the good results - yea those 11 games you’ve hand picked were bad although I’d argue only Forest, Bournemouth and the two games this season were truely horrendous- results like losing to Norwich and Fulham happen every season the teams at the bottom win games against the top clubs, and this is what makes the PL so great.

You can’t look at those 11 games and not talk about beating Southampton 0-9, Man City away 3-5, beating all of the top six in the same season. - only club to have done this in the PL era. 
This season is shaping up to be bad, but to compare Rodgers to Taylor is ridiculous.

If Rodgers had gone in the summer, I would agree, my statement above would be ridiculous but look at how bad we are now. For the PL era, it’s never been worse. The board have allowed it. 

Embarrassment and collapses are now our norm. Tell me when we have scored at any time after the Brentford game, did you feel we would hold it, or even have a chance ? Honestly, Brighton and Spurs, we scored and I was just waiting for it. This is Taylor MK 2 - he’s good period was just a lot shorter. The rebuild after Rodgers is going to be huge. 

• Like 2

surely done but just needs announcing.

think all his backroom staff plus Stowell. Time for some serious changes. 

I also think Rudkins time maybe coming to a close as well. Not yet but soon. 

Get the feeling that the set piece coach was brought in against Rogers wishes.

20 minutes ago, Motty said:

surely done but just needs announcing.

think all his backroom staff plus Stowell. Time for some serious changes. 

I also think Rudkins time maybe coming to a close as well. Not yet but soon. 

Get the feeling that the set piece coach was brought in against Rogers wishes.

Rudkin for me is the big one that needs to go. We just don’t seem to have a plan for where we are heading.

Not having a head of recruitment or a loans manager in place over the last window is beyond ridiculous. From my understanding this and the hiring of managers and coaches, as well as player contracts would come under his portfolio and it hasn’t been good enough. If you’re right and Rodgers and his staff are gone today - I’m not sure I trust Rudkin to be the man to appoint replacements.

12 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Today is the day. Enjoy it everyone but please don’t neglect responsibilities and keep refreshing this thread every 30 seconds. 

How many times this saga has today been the day?  I’ve lost count.

If he is still here at 5pm tonight, then BR has photographic evidence of Rudders with a Lady Boy engaged in an activity involving an Orange and Black bin-liner. No other logical explanation for BR retaining his job. Not ITK - just an assumption.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Do we need to have a whip round to pay the compo? 

More than likely. I can’t see it happening myself. The loss on sacking him is guaranteed but relegation and the losses associated with them are not certain yet and thats what they’ll be looking at.

At this point I think an excel spreadsheet is keeping Rodgers in post.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Just listening to TalkSport.  They are fully paid up members of BR fan Club.  I am convinced he is staying. 

4th rate pundits with 0 work rate. All they do is talk in lazy tropes all day with the occasional dodgy opinion to drive social media clicks.