Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Are the complexities just due to negotiating the settlement? Can't imagine there would be anything else?

When you negotiate complex legal docs, there are always grey areas where you have some exposure in certain scenarios (which are v unlikely )

If you are in time limited situations then you are forced to accept these risks - however, the club are not under pressure this week. Hence if anything is happening, it wouldn’t be a surprise for it to drag on (which pees people off on here) but it’s necessary. 

27 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

hes not going is he 

No he’s not. If it was going to happen it would have happened by now. The theory about not doing it during the mourning period is nonsense.

As long as the possibility remains that 2 good results will see us out the drop zone he’s not going anywhere.

The club didn’t dare commit money in the summer and they won’t dare commit money now whilst there is a chance he can turn it around. 

I’m starting to get concerned with the health of the club, i’m just hoping its a bottle neck with cash flows and it will get better over time but there seems a real reluctance to commit any money at all at the minute. 

Financial decisions are outweighing footballing decisions at the moment and I can see that continuing for the foreseeable. 

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When you negotiate complex legal docs, there are always grey areas where you have some exposure in certain scenarios (which are v unlikely )

If you are in time limited situations then you are forced to accept these risks - however, the club are not under pressure this week. Hence if anything is happening, it wouldn’t be a surprise for it to drag on (which pees people off on here) but it’s necessary. 

It'll be leaked heavily if this is the case and I suspect it will be soon those leaks start to come.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think if we all knew he would definitely be gone this week we could live with a few more days  - bonus would be to get the new manager appointed by the weekend so he has at least a week to prep for the Forest game.

54 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Had a dream last night that I was named manager. I told the team to get back to basics and hired a psychologist. I got my brother in as assistant. He basically floated around chatting with the players. I named Maddison captain and he was a lovely wee lad. I didn’t do any press or interviews because I was above that. It made me mysterious and interesting. We beat Forest 4-0. Each goal was something I’d specifically focussed on in training. Despite my lack of experience in any level of the game I was hailed as a tactical genius and the fans adored me. I was more handsome on my dream too, better hair and bigger muscles. I woke up dribbling. I’m now sitting in my pants watching Peter Rabbit on Cebeebies typing this. 

Makes you think. 

Clearly you are Brendan Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Listened to one of The Athletic podcasts this morning with Rob Tanner talking about the current situation and the links to Thomas Frank. Could be something in that you know. Was glad he mentioned that while BR has complained about the lack of funds, he's also the one responsible for spending a load of cash on squad players. General consensus at the moment seems to be his time is up, so glad I've not heard anyone defending him.