Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

From Brentford fan POV, I can fully understand why they would see it as a backward step for Thomas Frank.

- London bias. They think living in London adds cool points.

- they're an "established" premier league team and, outside of the rich clubs, anyone can finish anywhere

- yes, we were in Europe and won the FA Cup but Wigan won it the season they went down under Martinez. You're only as good as your last season, in this day and age

- yes, we have a better squad but it's dangerously close to being picked apart and out of form

Personally, if Frank came here I'd suspect it's either money or he really sees something in our squad. But it's a huge gamble for him, really. 

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We can afford relegation, then?

The risk of relegation in the minds of the finance bods is not enough to outweigh the risk of parting with severance money or bringing in another manager whilst paying BR on gardening leave.

I keep saying it but currently the club is being run by Microsoft Excel. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I've come to terms that he isn't going. If he was today then there would be some 'rumblings' 

The only explanation is that we cannot afford to get rid of him. Simple

What do you mean we can't afford? If a PL club can't afford to pay up to £20M compensation for anything should be at League One or bankrupt. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

What do you mean we can't afford? If a PL club can't afford to pay up to £20M compensation for anything should be at League One or bankrupt. 

Its not about having the money in the bank, it's about FFP. If we spend more than a certain percentage of what we earn, we can get fined/points deducted. 

3 minutes ago, Old Fox 2016 said:

So let's say we get relegated... Just out of curiosity what's the parachute payments worth to us...? Then with a immediate return to the Premiership either by winning the Championship or coming up via the play-off's, what would we stand to receive...? 

Well, let's put it this way, do Villa look in great shape? Or Norwich?

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

Its not about having the money in the bank, it's about FFP. If we spend more than a certain percentage of what we earn, we can get fined/points deducted. 

There's no points deduction rule for FFP. Even if there was one in PL there's no way PL would ruin their expensive world famous product by deducting points of a team. 

53 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I've heard it confirming they've agreed the deal with him, not 100% but i reckon he's gone 

If you're happy with the source, then whoop-whoop. BUT... with international break that means another day of checking Internet all day (which I would have done anyway) cos no reason not to announce it ASAP if that's the case.

If it gets past today, I lose all hope that its ever going to happen.

But on the plus side, it's the hope that kills you so at least its only one more day (in theory 🤞)

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

From Brentford fan POV, I can fully understand why they would see it as a backward step for Thomas Frank.

- London bias. They think living in London adds cool points.

- they're an "established" premier league team and, outside of the rich clubs, anyone can finish anywhere

- yes, we were in Europe and won the FA Cup but Wigan won it the season they went down under Martinez. You're only as good as your last season, in this day and age

- yes, we have a better squad but it's dangerously close to being picked apart and out of form

Personally, if Frank came here I'd suspect it's either money or he really sees something in our squad. But it's a huge gamble for him, really. 

We may be bottom of the league but Brentford are a tiny premier club compared to us. Their fans won’t like that but it’s just a fact. If Frank wants to come here and we want him, it’ll happen. But I suspect that he will see us as to big a risk despite being a forwards move. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

There's no points deduction rule for FFP. Even if there was one in PL there's no way PL would ruin their expensive world famous product by deducting points of a team. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1613629/Everton-news-Premier-League-investigation-FFP-Leeds-Burnley/amp

A quick Google search would suggest otherwise. 

Frank wouldn't be my personal choice 

Granted we would play some attractive football, but if we are honest with ourselves scoring goals hasn't been a massive problem this season really

I've said it before in my opinion get Dyche in for a season to bolster the defence and make us horrible to play against, he would get respect from the players and is a massive voice on the sidelines, people can laugh as much as they want but this is the reality we are in at the moment 

• Like 1

A young underachieving sports reporter tells his mate he needs a scoop to save his job, "ok l think I'll go with this" he says "time travelling aliens are going to abduct the Glaziers and replace them with Clones", his mate says "hmm why dont you say Leicester city are going to sack Brendan Rodgers tomorrow" The reporter shakes his head in disbelief -
"oh come on, what are the chances of THAT happening".

• Haha 1

Just now, copunk said:

Frank wouldn't be my personal choice 

Granted we would play some attractive football, but if we are honest with ourselves scoring goals hasn't been a massive problem this season really

I've said it before in my opinion get Dyche in for a season to bolster the defence and make us horrible to play against, he would get respect from the players and is a massive voice on the sidelines, people can laugh as much as they want but this is the reality we are in at the moment 

I dont think dyche would get any respect from the players. Most of them would think they are above playing for a manger like him, and most of them would be right imo.

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Perhaps watch the whole Queen coverage in reverse?

Her coffin would emerge from the chapel floor in Windsor, be solemnly carried back to Westminster and then, 10-11 days  later, she'd reappear in Balmoral alive and well, waving goodbye to Lis Truss (a bonus)......just in time for the Forest match. 

Unless.it goes wrong and its just in time to relive Tottenham and brighton) 😱🤯🤢🤮

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Money is not the issue here.

Anyone at the club who can do simple arithmetic needs to work out if taking a hit for a few million now will potentially save mega millions by getting relegated. 

I don't think for one minute we are that skint that we can't pull the plug if we see fit.

The problem being as I said a couple of weeks ago is one major influence at the club is still digging their heels in and defending BR and I was told yesterday nothing has changed around this.

Until this person's mind is swayed then it looks like this drags on.

Let's hope this resolves itself sooner rather than later, we are in big trouble right now and I see no way forward for BR at the club long term.

Surely it's just a matter of time. 

Do the right thing for everyone concerned. 

Who is that person?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Money is not the issue here.

Anyone at the club who can do simple arithmetic needs to work out if taking a hit for a few million now will potentially save mega millions by getting relegated. 

I don't think for one minute we are that skint that we can't pull the plug if we see fit.

The problem being as I said a couple of weeks ago is one major influence at the club is still digging their heels in and defending BR and I was told yesterday nothing has changed around this.

Until this person's mind is swayed then it looks like this drags on.

Let's hope this resolves itself sooner rather than later, we are in big trouble right now and I see no way forward for BR at the club long term.

Surely it's just a matter of time. 

Do the right thing for everyone concerned. 

That person is literally going to be responsible for 10 years worth of hard work down the pan.

I feel anyone defending him now is borderline criminal and something dodgy must be going on with this person whether its black mail or back handers who knows.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

I'd say there's only 1 person with that much clout... surely if it's someone like Whelan/Rudkin then Top could just overrule them.

Top could back Rodgers - and Rodgers could keep us up - but what kind of atmosphere would there be?  WE need vocal protest.

Edited by foxinsocks