Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, Dames said:

The risk of relegation in the minds of the finance bods is not enough to outweigh the risk of parting with severance money or bringing in another manager whilst paying BR on gardening leave.

I keep saying it but currently the club is being run by Microsoft Excel. 

Which is especially stupid as it's easy to construct a financial case for binning Rodgers, relegation causes a massive drop in TV revenue, sponsorship revenue and will take several million off the valuation of all our good players. Numbers show that clubs in our position have a very high chance if relegation, and the longer they wait the higher the risk.

So they aren't even capable of looking at the numbers properly! It's the equivalent of refusing to spend a grand fixing a hole in the roof, then looking shocked when water gets in and the whole house falls down. Lost a 300k house but at least we saved a grand on the roof. The mind boggles with how we are being run at the moment, club more concerned about medium sandwiches and bottles of water rather while the premier League revenue cashcow goes up in flames.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Perhaps watch the whole Queen coverage in reverse?

Her coffin would emerge from the chapel floor in Windsor, be solemnly carried back to Westminster and then, 10-11 days  later, she'd reappear in Balmoral alive and well, waving goodbye to Lis Truss (a bonus)......just in time for the Forest match. 

also weve drawn 3 or 4 games 0-0 and im happy with that

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Top could back Rodgers - and Rodgers could keep us up - but what kind of atmosphere would there be?  WE need vocal protest.

I feel once a protest starts you have lost confidence in the owners. I never thought it would nearly get to this. They are creating a poisonous atmosphere by not making correct decisions.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

What happened then since 20th May? Are they still investigating after 4 months? Do they need help from the forensic department? 

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Money is not the issue here.

Anyone at the club who can do simple arithmetic needs to work out if taking a hit for a few million now will potentially save mega millions by getting relegated. 

I don't think for one minute we are that skint that we can't pull the plug if we see fit.

The problem being as I said a couple of weeks ago is one major influence at the club is still digging their heels in and defending BR and I was told yesterday nothing has changed around this.

Until this person's mind is swayed then it looks like this drags on.

Let's hope this resolves itself sooner rather than later, we are in big trouble right now and I see no way forward for BR at the club long term.

Surely it's just a matter of time. 

Do the right thing for everyone concerned. 

Then I think it's time for the person involved to sell the club as he no longer is fit to run it properly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Anyone at the club who can do simple arithmetic needs to work out if taking a hit for a few million now will potentially save mega millions by getting relegated. 

I don't think for one minute we are that skint that we can't pull the plug if we see fit.

The problem being as I said a couple of weeks ago is one major influence at the club is still digging their heels in and defending BR and I was told yesterday nothing has changed around this.

Let's hope this resolves itself sooner rather than later, we are in big trouble right now and I see no way forward for BR at the club long term.

thanks for the insight mate. 

24 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

From Brentford fan POV, I can fully understand why they would see it as a backward step for Thomas Frank.

- London bias. They think living in London adds cool points.

- they're an "established" premier league team and, outside of the rich clubs, anyone can finish anywhere

- yes, we were in Europe and won the FA Cup but Wigan won it the season they went down under Martinez. You're only as good as your last season, in this day and age

- yes, we have a better squad but it's dangerously close to being picked apart and out of form

Personally, if Frank came here I'd suspect it's either money or he really sees something in our squad. But it's a huge gamble for him, really. 

I don't want Frank but we are a much bigger club than Brentford.

People talk as if we're like Wigan. We aren't. There's no comparison. We have played in the top two tiers for all but one season in our entire history.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't want Frank but we are a much bigger club than Brentford.

People talk as if we're like Wigan. We aren't. There's no comparison. We have played in the top two tiers for all but one season in our entire history.

Frankly he's not an exciting prospect to replace the poisoned dwarf!

18 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I hope whoever this person is had an epiphany last night and walks straight up to Brendan with a P45. 

Edited by Fuch Me Moore