Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

He's not Australian. He's Greek, born in Athens and moved to Australia when he was a child and got the Australian citizenship. 

He moved to Australia when he was 5, he learnt English as a first language, he grew up in Australian culture. I doubt he remembers his life before Australia. It’s not like he moved there in his 30s. He doubtless feels way more Australian than Greek

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't want Frank but we are a much bigger club than Brentford.

People talk as if we're like Wigan. We aren't. There's no comparison. We have played in the top two tiers for all but one season in our entire history.

Sounding like a Manure fan mate with your big club/little club schtick. The only comparison that matters now 
is where we are in the table - and Brentford - with a fraction of our budget and support,  have more points than us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He moved to Australia when he was 5, he learnt English as a first language, he grew up in Australian culture. I doubt he remembers his life before Australia. It’s not like he moved there in his 30s. He doubtless feels way more Australian than Greek

I'm not denying this. From a legal point of view he's not Australian. He's Greek-Australian. 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't want Frank but we are a much bigger club than Brentford.

People talk as if we're like Wigan. We aren't. There's no comparison. We have played in the top two tiers for all but one season in our entire history.

Yes, we are but will Brentford and Frank see it that way? They're on the up and they finished above Leeds, Everton and Villa - all bigger clubs than them. 

As I said, other than the oil barons, anyone can finish anywhere. It's such a crazy league. There's very few steady Eddies and the ones that do exist, don't have a great time - Burnley, Palace, Southampton etc. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If you were born in Leicester from British parents and moved to US when you were 5yrs old are you American or British? You just have a dual citizenship unless your native country allows you to deny the first one. 

Right, I am not saying he is not Greek too! But that he is also Australian!

For instance, my son, born to me (British), my wife (Jamaican) with American citizenship as well, was born in South Africa (when he is 18 he can decide if he wants to add South African...). He has British and American citizenship, and can get a Jamaican passport too, plus potentially SA (who have improved their dual citizenship laws recently). He considers himself British though.

Edit: Oh and he's only ever lived in Lesotho and Zambia... :)

Edited by Merging Cultures
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

For instance, my son, born to me (British), my wife (Jamaican) with American citizenship as well, was born in South Africa (when he is 18 he can decide if he wants to add South African...). He has British and American citizenship, and can get a Jamaican passport too, plus potentially SA (who have improved their dual citizenship laws recently). He considers himself British though.

yeah he’s definitely got an emo phase ahead of him :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Let me guess, "he hasn't been backed", "give him time", "FA CUP!"

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I'm going to guess its going to be something along the lines of "Their fans should be grateful for what Brendan has done and they should know their place"

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

I wouldn't bother listening....it'll probably just be the usual rubbish of he achieved two top 5 finishes and won the FA cup so they need to give him time etc 

They all seem to ignore the fact that we have won 7 matches in 2022 and the amount of money Rodgers has blown on shite players during his time here. 

The football we play is terrible to watch and very predictable. 

Well you were wrong. They tended to be more in line with most of you on here, and I presume most Leicester City supporters in general.

He's staying isn't he. Top you need to act now otherwise we're going down.  You've pumped in hundreds of millions into the club on Seagrave etc and we won't be able to afford the army of groundsmen required to maintain it if we go down into the championship. 

9 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'm not denying this. From a legal point of view he's not Australian. He's Greek-Australian. 

Which makes him legally Australian. He has exactly the same legal rights as an Australian as someone whose never left Australia and comes from families who also never left Australia.

You’re inferring he’s not properly Australian because he’s dual national. He absolutely is Australian and he is also Greek, you are still a national if you’re also a national of another country. Why do you have to be pedantic and diminish his nationality because he’s dual national?

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

My huge concern with this situation is that if it's allowed to fester for too long, the damage becomes more terminal. The stats show we have all the makings for top relegation candidates and whilst I appreciate it's still early in the season and plenty of time to turn this around, if we fail to act THIS WEEK, I fear we will condemn ourselves to relegation.

He has to go before the Forest game... and with the international break, this is the perfect opportunity. Forest will already be a hostile reception, things are going to turn real sour if we lose that game... already debating not going to it.

3 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

I agree. My initial response was to the post saying "Aussie chap". Afaik greek authorities don't allow their citizens to cut bonds with their origin country. He was born in Greece by greek parents and lived there for 5yrs. By law he's Greek and he has also the Australian citizenship. 

• Like 1