Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I wouldn't follow M-LCFC too closely, it's the plane we use for long matchday travel.

It's probably being leased out at the minute. 

HS-KVS is the one Top is using for back and forth.

If you look it's been all over the shop...

Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
07:44 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
11:29 +03Istanbul Ataturk Int'l - ISL
-
2h 45m
Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
First seen at 03:13 EESTnear Sitia, Greece
06:06 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
-
3h 53m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
14:22 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
Last seen at 17:55 EETnear El Dabaa, Egypt
-
3h 33m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
11:11 BSTLondon Southend - SEN
13:00 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
-
0h 49m
Thursday
08-Sep-2022
11:57 BSTLondon Luton - LTN
12:16 BSTLondon Southend - SEN
-
0h 19m
Wednesday
07-Sep-2022
08:39 CESTZagreb Pleso - ZAG
09:44 BSTLondon Luton - LTN
-
2h 05m
Edited by AjcW

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's getting the Forest game guys.

Everyone's convinced we'll sack him because it's the international break but equally you could assume we'll keep him because it's the international break. 

Quite likely that he hasn't lost the dressing room in the manner we think he has and that after talks with senior members of the squad the board think a couple weeks to reset and we'll be well placed with an upcoming run of "kinder" fixtures. 

If they didn't sack him for losing to Brighton away you could argue it would make less sense to sack him for losing to a decent Tottenham away. 

I want him gone as much as the next person but if you're planning to spend all day refreshing this thread expecting him to go, think you're setting yourself up for needless trauma. 

Can you stop being so level headed please I want to keep refreshing rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr f5 f5 f5 f5 I even paused this post to refresh the forum, even though I have sky sports and Twitter notifications I go on this forum somehow thinking it will be announced here before any actual news channels, and I if h s not gone by 5pm I imagine Simpsons style pitchforks with fire and thousands ganging up outside the ground baying for blood. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Haha 1

Just now, lcfcell said:

im in two minds where i think our fans need to make their feelings clear next home game but then how will that help the team win because we desperately need to start picking up points 

Well depends how the game goes, if we go behind the boos will be LOUD. If we go behind further rip the seats out, if we go three down take Top hostage until he gets rid of the poison dwarf.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

*He's borrowed hundreds of millions off Macquarie and secured it all against future TV earnings we are at risk of now not getting 👍

This is the unfortunate reality, our owners are overrated. How much do King Power pay for stadium sponsorship? My guess would be nothing. That's naive for a club of our size when dodgy sponsorship deals are the way to compete at this level. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If they didn't sack him for losing to Brighton away you could argue it would make less sense to sack him for losing to a decent Tottenham away. 

The trouble is we haven't simply lost to Brighton and Spurs, we were absolutely battered in both games.

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I wouldn't follow M-LCFC too closely, it's the plane we use for long matchday travel.

Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
-
2h 45m
Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
-
3h 53m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
-
3h 33m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
-
0h 49m
Thursday
08-Sep-2022
-
0h 19m
Wednesday
07-Sep-2022
-
2h 05m

Those Polo games won't watch themselves! 

22 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Maddison was hardly going to lambast Rodgers in front of the media and Sky tv cameras. He spoke well.

If I was Top I would want to hear from the players re Rodgers they work with him on a daily basis, they know him.

I didn't expect him to lambast. He was asked a question about the game and said people will laugh at the result but the score wasn't a reflection. So the players think that too, or at least some of them.

It doesn't seem he has "lost" the dressing room or anything like that.

• Haha 1

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but a friend of mine suggested that Bo Svensson from Mainz might be an option. My friend was chatting to a friend of his who is a football agent and said Svensson is looking for a move to the Prem.

My friend is a Spurs fan and was taking the p*ss about the result at the weekend, so it might be BS.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

The trouble is we haven't simply lost to Brighton and Spurs, we were absolutely battered in both games.

We had 19 shots, 7 on target, at Spurs.

In the end they caught us out as we were pushing but first half we were as good as they were.

Hence Maddison pretty much saying it at full time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

In the end they caught us out as we were pushing but first half we were as good as they were.

We conceded 11 goals in two games.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

*bad

Spurs didn't really offer much at all until Son came on, it was a lesson by both teams in how not to defend.

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

All our defenders are away on international duty (barring Vestergaard and Justin), so not much time for a new manager to work with 'the problem area', even if we did get a defensive minded manager in to replace BR.

On the face of it this makes a lot of sense.

I do think though a new person coming in would also get to know the other staff, talk to the coaches, get things set up and organise the other players. So it wouldn't be too bad.

Also do a lot of our issues stem from not 'defending from the front' which leave the defence exposed? To me it seems like it. We give the ball away to much (YT and Madders), we're not recovering the ball effectively (Ndidi and KDH), and subsequently our defenders get overrun too easily.

1 minute ago, Nobbyburton said:

*bad

Spurs didn't really offer much at all until Son came on, it was a lesson by both teams in how not to defend.

We don’t need lessons in that, we need remedies. We’ve scored enough goals to be upper mid table. Our issue lies in defence and the screening of said defence. 

Round pegs in round holes. Tell Ndidi to just do his thing. Stop worrying about trying to be a player, just smash the opposition. None of this is rocket. And yet Brendan cannot do it. Beyond ridiculous. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
-
2h 45m
Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
-
3h 53m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
-
3h 33m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
-
0h 49m
Thursday
08-Sep-2022
-
0h 19m
Wednesday
07-Sep-2022
-
2h 05m

seems pretty clear that this jet is also being leased out - needs must I guess 

Just now, Fox92 said:

but that’s the point - we’d done the hard graft to be in the game at half time, despite conceding two. Same as at brighton. We gifted them a third by continuing to play safe side to side and conte had clearly highlighted this to their midfield players at half time. You could see the way they targeted wilf with the press - they set a trap and we fell for it.  It’s rodgers responsibility to ensure we don’t make stupid mistakes by playing a system that reduces those risks. having the full backs pushed too far forward means less simple passing lanes for the Cb’s and wilf.  surely you accept that second half you make yourself more solid and try to get out with a point ??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That actually makes it worse. Even when we are competitive, we lose so heavily because of basic mistakes that continue to happen and have been happening for so long. The manager hasn't yet been able to stamp it out and I doubt he ever will be able too.

I'm alarmed that Top hasn't cottoned on to this yet - it's not just 6 bad games it's a trend that has been getting worse since 2020. Rodgers has had plenty of time and plenty of chances and the same basic mistakes and errors are still happening after nearly 3 years.

• Like 1