Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We had 19 shots, 7 on target, at Spurs.

In the end they caught us out as we were pushing but first half we were as good as they were.

Hence Maddison pretty much saying it at full time.

Our xG was 1.59. (0.83 minute the penality). Spurs was 1.99 

It's concerning if the players are genuinely still buying into Rodgers rubbish and thinking that possession and potshots are an indicator of good performance.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The trouble is we haven't simply lost to Brighton and Spurs, we were absolutely battered in both games.

Preaching to the choir man, tbf. I've said before, he shouldn't have survived Notts Forest in the cup. But he did.

I'm playing devils' advocate a little, largely to dampen my own expectations I think. But I genuinely don't think he's going, I think all of this "oh we're just waiting til after the funeral" stuff was really clutching at straws. He'd have gone on Sunday if he was going IMO.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but a friend of mine suggested that Bo Svensson from Mainz might be an option. My friend was chatting to a friend of his who is a football agent and said Svensson is looking for a move to the Prem.

My friend is a Spurs fan and was taking the p*ss about the result at the weekend, so it might be BS.

Brighton were looking at Svensson.  I can only repeat myself, Urs Fischer would be a great appointment.

• Like 3

Just now, Finnegan said:

Preaching to the choir man, tbf. I've said before, he shouldn't have survived Notts Forest in the cup. But he did.

I'm playing devils' advocate a little, largely to dampen my own expectations I think. But I genuinely don't think he's going, I think all of this "oh we're just waiting til after the funeral" stuff was really clutching at straws. He'd have gone on Sunday if he was going IMO.

I think you may be correct. If he was going, he would be gone by now.  This Club will get rid of him, once it is too late.

Just realised what this whole situation reminds me of. It's like one of those dreams where you are chasing something and never quite get to it. The dream seems to be ongoing for ages and by the time you wake up it is difficult to remove from the thoughts.

So, to try and relax you go on Foxestalk!!!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I wouldn't follow M-LCFC too closely, it's the plane we use for long matchday travel.

It's probably being leased out at the minute. 

HS-KVS is the one Top is using for back and forth.

If you look it's been all over the shop...

Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
07:44 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
11:29 +03Istanbul Ataturk Int'l - ISL
-
2h 45m
Tuesday
20-Sep-2022
First seen at 03:13 EESTnear Sitia, Greece
06:06 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
-
3h 53m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
14:22 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
Last seen at 17:55 EETnear El Dabaa, Egypt
-
3h 33m
Thursday
15-Sep-2022
11:11 BSTLondon Southend - SEN
13:00 CESTParis Le Bourget - LBG
-
0h 49m
Thursday
08-Sep-2022
11:57 BSTLondon Luton - LTN
12:16 BSTLondon Southend - SEN
-
0h 19m
Wednesday
07-Sep-2022
08:39 CESTZagreb Pleso - ZAG
09:44 BSTLondon Luton - LTN
-
2h 05m

Yeah,the Gulfstream they use went back to Bangkok on 12th and hasn’t moved since.

TBH I would just phone him up in the night and tell him and then put the phone down.

Edited by cambridgefox

Clinging onto the fact that the players are off for the next few days (who are not playing international football) so that there is a little bit of time to get him out over the next few days....

Unfortunately i dont think that is the case, more to do with someone on the board wanting him to continue.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Have to wonder whether fans could have done more. Didn't hear a murmur of discontent at Spurs. All seemed happy clappy at the end too. 

The problem is, even if he won the next 6 games, he's still a **** and the fans don't like him/aren't engaged with him.

He just needed to go full stop, he'd have needed to go even if we beat spurs because he's constantly insulting the board, players and fans. 

Thought it was very telling her went with the complete opposite rhetoric after Spurs, like he's been told to rebuild relationship with the fans because he's going nowhere.

Not where I was sat. Very loud boos and chants of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”. Rodgers also got “get out of our club” and “sacked in the morning”.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Our xG was 1.59. (0.83 minute the penality). Spurs was 1.99 

It's concerning if the players are genuinely still buying into Rodgers rubbish and thinking that possession and potshots are an indicator of good performance.

This is a really important point. xG does bear some relevance, but it is also massively inflated by pop shots and territory. Having the ball close to the goal does not necessarily mean you are threatening the opposition. 

This has precisely been the problem with us under Rodgers for about 18 months now. We lose games and we get the usual nonsense and hear that we kept the ball well, or we had lots of touches in the final third. 

It’s completely irrelevant. Apart from a penalty and an excellent goal from Maddison, we didn’t really trouble Spurs, apart from when Daka forced a decent save from Lloris. 

It’s a results business, and right now, we have one from seven. Rodgers should be scrutinised for that, not xG.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

Top is just as much to blame as Rodgers if he lets this continue. Realistically, should've been gone after the Brighton game at the minimum. Seems a lot of decision making from Tops side has been a shambles really and not just on the pitch. Rightfully deserves to take some of the stick.

• Like 2

Just now, Tanya said:

Why is everyone freaking out? Do we know for a fact Rodgers isnt going?

I think it's more to do with the fact he's not gone yet, and the longer he stays means the longer we stay in this rut and mire, and less time for a new manager to make an impact before the next game. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Have to wonder whether fans could have done more. Didn't hear a murmur of discontent at Spurs. All seemed happy clappy at the end too. 

The problem is, even if he won the next 6 games, he's still a **** and the fans don't like him/aren't engaged with him.

He just needed to go full stop, he'd have needed to go even if we beat spurs because he's constantly insulting the board, players and fans. 

Thought it was very telling her went with the complete opposite rhetoric after Spurs, like he's been told to rebuild relationship with the fans because he's going nowhere.

Sorry what? Were you in the ground? Loud chants of "Sacked in the Morning" and "We Want Rodgers Out".

Fans were happy to clap the players but most waited for Brendan Rodgers who simply hid behind the players and stayed around for about 5 seconds.

The away end was completely toxic. Saw two fights.

• Like 1

Just now, Tanya said:

Why is everyone freaking out? Do we know for a fact Rodgers isnt going?

Not so much about freaklng out - it's more about the fact that we have heard nothing for months and after each game we say "now he must be going" and then complete radio silence.