Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I see Brendan is amongst the names being banded around to replace Steve Bruce now that the takeover has happened.

I can’t see it, as I don’t think he’ll be considered a big enough name for the project they’re embarking on. They’ll need a foundations builder and potentially a bit of fortune along the way. 

Wenger seems the obvious choice, if he wants to take another job at club level. 

It just isn’t a gig for Brendan. 

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

I see Brendan is amongst the names being banded around to replace Steve Bruce now that the takeover has happened.

I can’t see it, as I don’t think he’ll be considered a big enough name for the project they’re embarking on. They’ll need a foundations builder and potentially a bit of fortune along the way. 

I think the Saudis purchase of Newcastle go against everything Wenger stands for in football. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m not so sure.

His recent demeanour looks to me like someone who maybe  has something to hide.

Wouldnt be surprised if Newcastle have called. 

4 hours ago, Sly said:

What a bizarre statement, how or why does Wenger seem the obvious choice?

Wenger hasn't managed a team since being at Arsenal for 20+ years where he was hardly a 'big spender' - quite the opposite of what I imagine the obvious choice would be for a team in the position Newcastle will now be in.

I said specifically Brendan has got wind of this and has engineered the shit results to make it a bit more easier to jump ship .  I was laughed at by some clowns here .  I said they going to be taken over anytime soon , bit sooner than I thought but o was right . It smells abs Brendan has jumped on this ship .  

• Haha 3

Just now, Silver surfer 1 said:

I said specifically Brendan has got wind of this and has engineered the shit results to make it a bit more easier to jump ship .  I was laughed at by some clowns here .  I said they going to be taken over anytime soon , bit sooner than I thought but o was right . It smells abs Brendan has jumped on this ship .  

lollol

So your take is...Brendan Rogers heard Newcastle's take over was going to be approved, so he has purposefully changed tactics around to guarantee we wouldn't win games, to make it easier to leave his position at Leicester?

All of which was done to ensure he could then go and take over at Newcastle?

What have you been smoking?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

As much as I don't think this is completely true (he will definitely have been sounded out).... Mark will have to shut this place down for a few months to stop it being over run by Celtic fans lol 

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

I think what will stop Brendan or any other manager of that class going Newcastle is the facilities there. Ashley left the whole place to rot. Most important signing the new owners can make is a proper executive who they trust to run the joint and get everything in order.

No doubt the owners there will improve the facilities in time, it’s a rebuild job both on and off the pitch and I guess the money side of things and transfer kitty will help sway the good caliber managers

45 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

I’m not so sure.

His recent demeanour looks to me like someone who maybe  has something to hide.

Wouldnt be surprised if Newcastle have called. 

....he always looks (haunted) like that...!!!

As a replacement previously the Celtic manager seemed to have made a very good impression, but his results are now hit and miss. Dean Smith and Shakey has done a very good job but it would be a sideways move. He appears to be under pressure at the moment from his owners so there is always an opportunity.

Going for Gasperini would be a massive reach, but he could be the manager to push us to the next level, Rodgers has tried with several clubs and still fails to be competitive in Europe. Thomas Frank seems to have the same style as we are looking for and very much moving in the right direction. A great scouting network to tap into as well.

With Brendan you never know - he's done an incredible job for us, and I would hate to see him go, but wouldn't be remotely surprised if he jumped ship at some point - whether its this or another 'big six' type job. That's certainly much more likely than him being fired. 

Newcastle is going to continue to be a strange beast for the moment - who knows what, exactly, the 'owners' are like to deal with, and what publicity storms might flare up around them in the immediate future. And the next manager isn't going to be the one who gets the glory and starts winning things - inevitably we will now see at least one, if not two or three managers who build up the club from a fairly poor base. Its possible Brendan would want that challenge, but there's a lot of variables there. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I hear Newcastle fans issues (amongst many others) is they want attacking, exciting football and if they want attacking, exciting football…..

Like almost every other football fan, what they really mean is they want to win matches it doesn't matter how.

Big project to take on this. Gotta keep them up with a poor squad, don’t imagine they will get much business done in Jan with it being so difficult to sign players.

Think he would be mad to go, maybe in a year or two when the consortium have stamped their authority on the club and stabilised them a bit.

6 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Big project to take on this. Gotta keep them up with a poor squad, don’t imagine they will get much business done in Jan with it being so difficult to sign players.

Think he would be mad to go, maybe in a year or two when the consortium have stamped their authority on the club and stabilised them a bit.

They'll probably be too good for him then and if he doesn't start winning here soon his stock's going to slide very quickly. With the amount of money they can offer they can buy better than Rodgers. 

• Like 1