Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

There is still a question to answer if the board do want to get rid of him though: do you wait until you have a replacement lined up or not? We as supporters have been frustrated by the absolute shambles we have watch over the last 7 games but actually for the best part of a year, but are we better going into the Forest game with Rodgers or with Stowell? I'm not saying Rodgers is the better answer by the way - just that you could still hold that viewpoint even if you think he needs replacing.

I must say I'm flabbergasted by the lack of response. Results have been horrendous since the start of the calendar year and somehow seem to be getting worse with each passing week. If performances aren't enough I'm confused as to what's it going to take before the board pay attention, mass protests inside the stadium, fans abstaining from games, marches past the Main Entrance, someone hanging a 'Rodgers Out' sign from the thumb on Vichai's statue? Honestly the situation is getting beyond stupid now, we're going to go the way of Derby County if no action is taken soon. 

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The difference in fan opinion on Facebook is incredible. 

Like Coach One has its own social network. 

The fact is this is all about opinions, our views here are not so widely shared as some on here think they are, they are positively NOT shared by the decision makers and not nearly the majority of city fans.

There will be no large scale Manure like protests and sadly nothing will change because those who could wont.

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Why is everyone freaking out? Do we know for a fact Rodgers isnt going?

Because we want, no NEED, something positive to grab and hang on to!

As bad as it sounds, getting rid of BR would at least show intent to put a foot in the right direction. We've had no positives since..... 
I can't even think of one!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, J. James said:

Which is not between Paris and England if my geography isn't off, and is between Paris and Thailand!

Stop the straw clutching folks he's going somewhere (prob home) unlike Rodgers who is going the opposite of somewhere.

Screenshot_2022-09-20_111050.jpg

Unless he's looking at getting Kunst in as a replacement.

*knock yourselves out FT, I've set up the jokes...

Brendan is a good coach, but his mojo seems to have gone. Perhaps he did want a bigger job, thought he was gonna get one (perhaps Man U job) but then it didn't happen and is on a bit of a downer himself. He is still talking the talk, but he looks defeated, and that rubs off on the players far quicker than does confidence and self-assuredness. We are in a downward spiral at the moment. You cannot change the squad, and the manager doesn't seem able to bring about the change that is needed. All you can do is change the manager. If Brendan looked like he still wanted it, still believed in it then maybe you could argue for him staying but he looks beat to me. What we need right now is a big personality, with some backbone, and not afraid to be unpopular with some of his players.

• Like 1

Everyone's getting themselves worked up over each others comments and what's not happened. Best just to stay away from here and carry on with day to day life, much better for your sanity. When it happens you'll hear about it, and if it doesn't, what are you going to change or be able to do before you can voice your displeasure at the Forest game?

3 minutes ago, J. James said:

The fact is this is all about opinions, our views here are not so widely shared as some on here think they are, they are positively NOT shared by the decision makers and not nearly the majority of city fans.

There will be no large scale Manure like protests and sadly nothing will change because those who could wont.

Agreed. I’d be interested to see what an opinion poll would be among the Facebook fans.

Something must be going on behind the scenes. I am stunned there's no announcement - we're playing with fire by dithering around with this decision.

True, the club put a millstone around its neck with the Brendan contract boost last year, but Top is just going to have to cough up £10m to get rid of him, to save us losing £100m + by dropping out of the league and then for future seasons.

"With Brendan we go bust" should be the banner in the crowd for the next game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

What I find staggering is that there has been no comment at all from the club, not even a message of support for Rodgers. It feels like there is a complete lack of leadership from the top (no pin intended) at the moment. 

Its not staggering or even slightly surprising!

There is no mass call for him to go - only on this forum!

We simply do not represent the majority opinion much less the boards view, so why on earth would they comment on something which is not even a consideration!

Try to keep one toe in the real world people, foxestalk is an island of fantasy,

And that's fine as long as we realise it does not represent RL.

• Like 1