Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I think that’s a baseless assumption personally, as stated elsewhere, we have had plenty of opportunity to raise further funds and have declined them.

I personally think we were trying to maximize the value we got from sales and got told where to stick it. Most notably Soumare and Praet.

Its why we ended up selling Fofana for lower than we should have and a year before we wanted to - because we panicked.

Might not be able to announce the potential '2pm' update at 1pm, forgive me. 

In all seriousness, are the club possibly wanting someone to come in immediately after they sack Rodgers? As in, sack Rodgers, announce the next manager within 24hrs of that? Could they be negotiating with other clubs/managers before stating Rodgers is gone? 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

In all seriousness, are the club possibly wanting someone to come in immediately after they sack Rodgers? As in, sack Rodgers, announce the next manager within 24hrs of that? Could they be negotiating with other clubs/managers before stating Rodgers is gone? 

Nope the club are wanting to give Rodgers a chance because they think he'll be able to turn it around with a couple of good results. 

That and we are too skint so the decision to get rid needs to be unanimous. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Government clutching at straws on housing - Hobson Wealth Partners

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Nope the club are wanting to give Rodgers a chance because they think he'll be able to turn it around with a couple of good results. 

That and we are too skint so the decision to get rid needs to be unanimous. 

What's going on with this "too skint" excuse? The club is not skint. If it is then Rodgers is the most minor issue out there and before any sack you'll see a "for sale" announcement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

*He's borrowed hundreds of millions off Macquarie and secured it all against future TV earnings we are at risk of now not getting 👍

There was 160m of investment from KP (and a personal donation from Top) over the last 2 financial years, which went towards the cost training ground and supplementing our reduce income during Covid.

The loans from Macquarie are so the club gets the annual TV money upfront rather than in stage payments across the year, which aid cash flow for clubs who are very reliant on EPL TV money as their main source of income (most clubs outside the rich 6 do it). The existing loan from Macquarie is covered by the minimum guaranteed income from  this EPL TV revenue and there's no risk of not receiving that even if we get relegated. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, turlo said:

There was 160m of investment from KP (and a personal donation from Top) over the last 2 financial years, which went towards the cost training ground and supplementing our reduce income during Covid.

The loans from Macquarie are so the club gets the annual TV money upfront rather than in stage payments across the year, which aid cash flow for clubs who are very reliant on EPL TV money as their main source of income (most clubs outside the rich 6 do it). The existing loan from Macquarie is covered by the minimum guaranteed income from  this EPL TV revenue and there's no risk of not receiving that even if we get relegated. 

If it makes you feel better. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But it’s also not necessarily not happening either ….

I said yesterday there’s at least talk of us sounding out other managers. Even talks of us taking Celtic’s manager again 🤣

Yes they are rumours but not normally smoke without fire.

Would guess that if he’s not sacked by end of tomorrow he’s here for Forest (which makes me feel sick). 

56 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The difference in fan opinion on Facebook is incredible. 

Like Coach One has its own social network. 

I don't go on it very much but I noticed this the other night. It's completely bonkers. 1 bloke, with plenty in agreement, was saying give him the January transfer window to sort it out!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, wurmer said:

I'm just beginning to start losing a bit of faith in the owners - feels too much focus on the training ground and the new stadium extension over the last few years while Rodgers has been allowed to get away with mediocre performance which has resulted in the start that we've had.

I appreciate they want to make the club an attractive proposition for new players, etc, but a) we ain't a signing club at the moment and b) the Championship ain't attractive either.

If Rodgers sounded like he knew what he was doing and that he had a plan, then maybe, just maybe we could get out of this.

But he doesn't. He really doesn't.

The shouts will become more vocal the more this carries on - I get that this forum is a bit of a bubble, but eventually, literally every single time, the wider fanbase has ended up where we are.

When the training ground was being planned Rodgers had only just arrived. By the time it was built we'd won the cup. Let's not be revisionists here, the downward spiral of the last 12-15 months has been since all the plans were put in place. If Top had his way the stand would be half constructed already. At the end of the day we know it's a results business and whatever the style or form we were in, we were in the top 8 for 3 seasons and Cup winners. That's the stage where you plan ahead, expand with a foothold in the division.

The biggest mistake was no player sales last summer that have properly fvcked the finances this season because now we have stagnation on the pitch and expansion off it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I don't go on it very much but I noticed this the other night. It's completely bonkers. 1 bloke, with plenty in agreement, was saying give him the January transfer window to sort it out!

Madness, isn't it? Why do that if he's not really bought anyone in the summer window whether that's down to finance or himself/scouts etc, even when he has spent they've been useless and gone to other clubs/frozen out of the matchday squad/not used if they were in it. What do these people think will change?

27 minutes ago, Dames said:

I personally think we were trying to maximize the value we got from sales and got told where to stick it. Most notably Soumare and Praet.

Its why we ended up selling Fofana for lower than we should have and a year before we wanted to - because we panicked.

Maybe, but even then it would imply we are not that desperate

Why the panic? We're literally reacting to ZERO information here. 

• They could be planning to not sack him at all
  • They could be planning to sack him, but are giving him a few more games
  • They could have already sacked him, but are agreeing final arrangements
  • They could be planning to sack him, but not until they have a replacement lined up
  • They may be waiting on a replacement being agreed before sacking him

Just because nothing's been announced, doesn't mean nothing is happening

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

• They could be planning to sack him, but not until they have a replacement lined up

But the ongoing silence from the club is concerning. We’ve had some programme notes…

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Either way we would be getting some feelers through the media and it’s been radio silent on that front.

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Either way we would be getting some feelers through the media and it’s been radio silent on that front.

We're being linked with managers which is usually a sign something is rumbling in the background.

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

But the ongoing silence from the club is concerning. We’ve had some programme notes…

Why? What could the club say right now that would satisfy you? 

They never would and it doesn't serve them to publicise that they're trying to sack him, but haven't finalised it yet. 

Likewise, they have nothing to gain by publicly saying 'we're pursuing X, Y or Z candidates'

What would be the point of providing a message of support to Rodgers? It'd either be disingenuous or annoy the part of the fanbase that want him gone.  

• Like 1