Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Why? What could the club say right now that would satisfy you? 

They never would and it doesn't serve them to publicise that they're trying to sack him, but haven't finalised it yet. 

Likewise, they have nothing to gain by publicly saying 'we're pursuing X, Y or Z candidates'

What would be the point of providing a message of support to Rodgers? It'd either be disingenuous or annoy the part of the fanbase that want him gone.  

FFS I’m not saying they should publicise internal discussions! 

What I’m saying is that we’ve had months of speculation about money, transfers, players and the manager. 

We signed one outfield player, and sold one of our biggest assets. We are currently bottom, having lost 6 games in row. Our manager has publicly called out individuals, the owners and the fans. 

Our Captain essentially disappeared over a weekend, with little to no noise. 

For an industry built entirely on fans, yes id have expected some form of PR engagement. 

• Like 2

Just now, roblcfc84 said:

FFS I’m not saying they should publicise internal discussions! 

What I’m saying is that we’ve had months of speculation about money, transfers, players and the manager. 

We signed one outfield player, and sold one of our biggest assets. We are currently bottom, having lost 6 games in row. Our manager has publicly called out individuals, the owners and the fans. 

Our Captain essentially disappeared over a weekend, with little to no noise. 

For an industry built entirely on fans, yes id have expected some form of PR engagement. 

OK sure - so what do you think the club should be publicly saying right now? 

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

OK sure - so what do you think the club should be publicly saying right now? 

I’m not specifically saying now, today. I’m saying over the summer those things could have been addressed, certainly earlier and certainly more clear. The club could have chosen to set out a long term vision to the fans. They could clarify the position with the manager. Anything. 

Any other industry, a clear statement would be made to address customer concerns. 

Should of happened on Sunday.....after the humiliation at Spurs on Saturday. 

Chelsea sacked Tuchel the day after their defeat.

We're just going to waste our time for 2 weeks thinking today's the day 🙏.

Had enough now, think we got major problems now....we haven't got the cash to sack him if he wants 3 years of pay...... we're going to lose our good players when we go down and left with half the regular squad.

Sad times ahead.....fear we may end up like what happened to Leeds and Sunderland 😟

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

Replying to and
Like everyone else, I am waiting on any news, but there is no indication yet that the club is set to make a change. That could quickly alter if Top feels it is required, but they seem reluctant and may give him more time... and this is the genuine Tanner (2 n's)

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Should of happened on Sunday.....after the humiliation at Spurs on Saturday. 

Chelsea sacked Tuchel the day after their defeat.

We're just going to waste our time for 2 weeks thinking today's the day 🙏.

Had enough now, think we got major problems now....we haven't got the cash to sack him if he wants 3 years of pay...... we're going to lose our good players when we go down and left with half the regular squad.

Sad times ahead.....fear we may end up like what happened to Leeds and Sunderland 😟

This isn't because we don't have the cash to sack him. This is because he's wormed his way too far into the club. Convinced Top saw BR as an integral part of a longer term plan, as there is some perceived nonsense that BR is great at developing players and I assume Top thinks he would be the best option to develop academy players. I think Top and BR are pretty close so Top will dig his heels in on this decision unless he is assured there is no alternative.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Actually finding the meltdown on here and social media hilarious…such panic because he’s not gone by lunchtime.

Hmmm. A tadge myopic that. The panic isn’t because he hasn’t gone by lunchtime, it’s because he just is not a good manager and we have, don’t know if you’ve noticed, lost 6 on the bounce. The worst start by a team EVER in the EPL. That might warrant some panic. 

Every minute that ticks by, every hour that counts down, is one we have wasted persisting with a smug little moron who thinks he’s bigger than the club. He IS taking us down, make no mistake. He might not have completely lost the dressing room, but when you’re only tactic is to climb out of the trenches and walk into the machine gun fire, questions will rightly be asked. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Replying to and
Like everyone else, I am waiting on any news, but there is no indication yet that the club is set to make a change. That could quickly alter if Top feels it is required, but they seem reluctant and may give him more time... and this is the genuine Tanner (2 n's)

Club is finito. Complete lack of vision and leadership. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can see it being the Forest game. 

If we lose this game, then we are really in the mire.  I think you could be right though.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can see it being the Forest game. 

That's what we have been saying every game for the last few months! That game never comes - you'd think they'd do it now during international break. Give the new manager time with the players - if it isn't done now then we are in for the long term I feel