Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can see it being the Forest game. 

Why wait until games start again when they've got two weeks to bring in somebody new and get us riled up for a local derby. Absolute madness IMO. Give him all the time they like, I think at this stage expecting anything to change is the actual definition of insanity.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why is criticising Rodgers and team fine but not Top?  He's the only bloke that can get rid of the manager we're allowed to criticise.

Criticise Rodgers because his performance is there for all to see, his remit is simple: win games, bring success do not open your big mouth and blame others!

He has very obviously failed.

But Top has other responsibilities -  it is clearly not as simple as many would like to think - and unless you are insane enough to believe he is totally devoid of business skills or is deliberately sabotaging his own interests (with zero knowledge of unimportant things such as facts) it is not reasonable to throw such unjust comments at him as l have seen here.

Calling for a new owner and the like  is just way over the top, maybe a bunch of butchers from Saudi Arabia?

How quickly some people forget is simply astounding to me.

Edited by J. James
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Should of happened on Sunday.....after the humiliation at Spurs on Saturday. 

Chelsea sacked Tuchel the day after their defeat.

We're just going to waste our time for 2 weeks thinking today's the day 🙏.

Had enough now, think we got major problems now....we haven't got the cash to sack him if he wants 3 years of pay...... we're going to lose our good players when we go down and left with half the regular squad.

Sad times ahead.....fear we may end up like what happened to Leeds and Sunderland 😟

If it does happen that way then at least we'll have the best training facilities in League One in 3 or 4 years; time....perish the actual thought!

As I keep saying, although Rodgers should have gone two weeks ago after Brighton (like all the managers sacked before him did after such a run : from Ranieri to Puel), for some reason the board just don't seem to be able to saack him.Then what happened at Spurs on Saturday (despite an excellent attacking first half from us) kind of rubber stamped what should've happened to Rodgers two weeks previously. If there's been no movement or news by the international break next weekend though then I sense the board are giving him the next theoretically "easier" three games to preside over  - well Forest certainly - to try and sort it and arrest the alarming slide......but as things stand I can't see where the next win is coming from. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

I bet Brendan is sat in his office pissing himself. He’s in a win, win situation…. He gets paid big bucks to **** things up, and will also get paid handsomely if he was to get booted. Let’s face it, he’s winning at life isn’t he? Wish I could be doing that badly at work, show as little bother as he does and know that I’d get a huge pay out of my company did decide to boot me. He’s literally the only winner in this situation, and thanks to his excuses he will probably come out of the situation with his reputation intact.

He will only come out of this situation if he resigned, he would then most likely keep his reputation. 

Genuinely cant believe the man is still sat in the hot seat and absolutely nothing from the board. In a few months, we'll get some programme notes - it will make decent toilet paper, nothing else.

Top (alongside his board) and Brendan equal in the damage they are doing to our club now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Souness "they've dropped off considerable in the quality they have." Mate it's almost the exact same squad that finished 5th and won the Cup. 

No Fofana no Ricardo no Kasper Vardy not the same, it's quite a drop off in quality and in form

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

We don’t need lessons in that, we need remedies. We’ve scored enough goals to be upper mid table. Our issue lies in defence and the screening of said defence. 

Round pegs in round holes. Tell Ndidi to just do his thing. Stop worrying about trying to be a player, just smash the opposition. None of this is rocket. And yet Brendan cannot do it. Beyond ridiculous. 

This along with dropping the defensive line slightly and not playing

a comedy goalkeeper and we will climb the table. We have a least a mid table squad.