Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Will probably get pelters for this, but if Top isn’t ruthless enough to sack Rodgers then I would genuinely not care if he sold the club tomorrow.

TBF, not bothered even if he does. Feels like he's not giving his full backing to the club either way.

• Like 2

If we go down, Top has to be part of the blame. Especially as he hasn't fired Rodgers yet. We've been saying it for months. 

Regardless if he buys you a shitty can of beer or a doughnut (tax write off) a couple of times a season, he has to be to blame and be seen as a figure of loathing also. 

Edited by Mee-9

Just now, Lcfc098 said:

TBF, not bothered even if he does. Feels like he's not giving his full backing to the club either way.

I agree.  It has been an amazing twelve years, but maybe due to COVID they don’t have the financial capacity to invest anymore; surely if we went down it would affect them too so there must be some benefit of us staying in the PL.

If he was to sell, do you think anybody would want to buy us?

3 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I don't know why, but I just feel like something will happen later today.. as we'll be tucking into our dinners, some news may emerge.

Depends if you are having magic mushrooms for dinner or not.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, J. James said:

Criticise Rodgers because his performance is there for all to see, his remit is simple: win games, bring success do not open your big mouth and blame others!

He has very obviously failed.

But Top has other responsibilities -  it is clearly not as simple as many would like to think - and unless you are insane enough to believe he is totally devoid of business skills or is deliberately sabotaging his own interests (with zero knowledge of unimportant things such as facts) it is not reasonable to throw such unjust comments at him as l have seen here.

Calling for a new owner and the like  is just way over the top, maybe a bunch of butchers from Saudi Arabia?

How quickly some people forget is simply astounding to me.

I'm not calling for a new owner. Top's biggest responsibility is the club. He needs to ensure he has the right manager to manage this club. At the moment that man isn't Rodgers.

As for "quickly some people forget". Well, sorry, I don't care what's gone on in the past. If I did then I'd back Rodgers, and I'd have backed Ranieri, time and time again. But football is played in the present and currently we are bottom of the division and, it doesn't matter how often we talk about it, there is only Top that can change the manager.

4 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

This along with dropping the defensive line slightly and not playing

a comedy goalkeeper and we will climb the table. We have a least a mid table squad.

But Rodger’s ego won’t allow obvious changes to be made, it’s what’s killing us. Giving him more time doesn’t make sense football wise or financially. We’re nailed on relegated losing millions more - if he isn’t giving the boot or has a lobotomy. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not calling for a new owner. Top's biggest responsibility is the club. He needs to ensure he has the right manager to manage this club. At the moment that man isn't Rodgers.

As for "quickly some people forget". Well, sorry, I don't care what's gone on in the past. If I did then I'd back Rodgers, and I'd have backed Ranieri, time and time again. But football is played in the present and currently we are bottom of the division and, it doesn't matter how often we talk about it, there is only Top that can change the manager.

I would say King Power is probably Top’s biggest responsibility.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Since the crash in 2018, the decisions have been appalling. I think they have gone under the radar because of credibility in the bank and supporters being worried about appearing disrespectful.

Times are evidently hard for King Power, but nobody is holding a gun to his head. It seems a combination of financial constraints and him simply, not having the competence. 

So, with that in mind, if he sold the club I wouldn’t care, probably be quite happy actually. I am genuinely grateful for what they have done, but nobody is untouchable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Since the crash in 2018, the decisions have been appalling. I think they have gone under the radar because of credibility in the bank and supporters being worried about appearing disrespectful.

Times are evidently hard for King Power, but nobody is holding a gun to his head. It seems a combination of financial constraints and him simply, not having the competence. 

So, with that in mind, if he sold the club I wouldn’t care, probably be quite happy actually. I am genuinely grateful for what they have done, but nobody is untouchable.

What decisions has he made that you find appalling?

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Yep, the past few years no major decisions really had to be made due to the foundations set by Vichai. Now that there are decisions and changes to be made it seems he has come stuck.