Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I'm pretty sure Rodgers has given up on LCFC. In spite of the bullshit , the players are disillusioned with his game plans and most are way below real form. They can't sack him though and all the screaming on here won't get rid of him either. He wants to go but he will not go until he gets his money , all of it and not on the never never either. He wants the vast majority up front. So as I have said before , we should pay him and get rid and any delay will change nothing , the players are ready for a change and Top needs to give it to them.

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t know why but honestly I feel like we are more likely to see a vote of confidence statement rather than him being sacked

Not my preferred outcome but I'd much prefer that over the current complete silence. At least it would be the club explaining where the clubs head is at

• Like 1

Look what TOP has done for LCFC. They have done so much for the city as well as LCFC. Do you think we would have the premiership with out them? what about the new training ground, the extension for the stadium. If it wasn't for them we would still be in the championship.

Yes I want BR to go but I want TOP to stay more.

I think we will beat Forest and Bournemouth as they are leaking goals too. We have players like Daka, Vardy, Maddison and Tielimans who can change games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Since the crash in 2018, the decisions have been appalling. I think they have gone under the radar because of credibility in the bank and supporters being worried about appearing disrespectful.

Times are evidently hard for King Power, but nobody is holding a gun to his head. It seems a combination of financial constraints and him simply, not having the competence. 

So, with that in mind, if he sold the club I wouldn’t care, probably be quite happy actually. I am genuinely grateful for what they have done, but nobody is untouchable.

Forgetting the FA Cup win? Two top five finishes?  The new training ground and stadium expansion? Lots of investment that most other owners wouldn't invest in. Plenty of good decisions that makes it surprising for me that people like you would happily have a change of ownership. I'm guessing you are of a younger generation that doesn't know the bad times? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Top should be getting just about as much abuse as Rodgers, he’s willfully taking us into the Championship through his idiotic decisions. 

Thing is it's him that'll foot the bill. If he doesn't decide to cut and run that is, which I wouldn't be surprised with at all. 

Remember when people believed they bought the club because they were at the League Cup final against Boro lollollol 

4 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

Look what TOP has done for LCFC. They have done so much for the city as well as LCFC. Do you think we would have the premiership with out them? what about the new training ground, the extension for the stadium. If it wasn't for them we would still be in the championship.

I think we will beat Forest and Bournemouth as they are leaking goals too. We have players like Daka, Vardy, Maddison and Tielimans who can change games. 

Not if they didn't re-appoint Nigel Pearson we wouldn't. Without Pearson we'd still be in the Championship.

Edited by Fox92
edited to add Nige's name in
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, J. James said:

I get the stuff criticising Rodgers and his team and to an extent some of the board, but not Top.

We sit here with no responsibility and no knowledge of financial matters, contract details, discussions etc etc offering easy solutions when in reality if we were in positions of power and carried the can for our "easy solutions" we would in all likelyhood either make the same calls or plunge our club into bankruptcy!

I have faith in Top, maybe he doesn't have the same business acumen as his much missed dad but l think some of the nasty comments are way over the top.

Please dont start this ramping up of negative and insulting comments about Top as we've seen about Rodgers,  he simply does not deserve it

its complete madness there are fans like you

At any other club fans would be raging and boycotting and calling for action 

i am pretty sure you have your own homemade clapper and will go to the championship game to clap with it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lashing out directly at the owners probably not the best move, they've done very well over the last decade. The fans do deserve answers however; these are very concerning times, the programme notes have not sufficed to explain the on-field issues at all and we're going week after week after week of getting humiliated with no end in sight, with no comment from the top.

If you're going to protest be clever about it please.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Forgetting the FA Cup win? Two top five finishes?  The new training ground and stadium expansion? Lots of investment that most other owners wouldn't invest in. Plenty of good decisions that makes it surprising for me that people like you would happily have a change of ownership. I'm guessing you are of a younger generation that doesn't know the bad times? 

What sort of argument is this? I’m sorry, but attributing performances on the pitch to him is borderline nonsensical. 

Also, the training ground has been built based on the assumption that we will receive high corporate money (seems silly now). Please look at the accounts and you’ll understand that very little external money has been pumped in, merely funded by loans and hypothetical scenarios.

Just because I’m young, it does not make me not entitled to an opinion. This ownership has become a cult for certain people, it’s actually a bit embarrassing, if I’m honest.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tsintskaro said:

its complete madness there are fans like you

At any other club fans would be raging and boycotting and calling for action 

i am pretty sure you have your own homemade clapper and will go to the championship game to clap with it 

Now now, we are all entitled to our opinions

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not calling for a new owner. Top's biggest responsibility is the club. He needs to ensure he has the right manager to manage this club. At the moment that man isn't Rodgers.

As for "quickly some people forget". Well, sorry, I don't care what's gone on in the past. If I did then I'd back Rodgers, and I'd have backed Ranieri, time and time again. But football is played in the present and currently we are bottom of the division and, it doesn't matter how often we talk about it, there is only Top that can change the manager.

My posts were not aimed at you, l did not say YOU had called for new owners or had posted unjust and frankly ridiculous comments about Top.

Don't take general comments personally fox92.

The statement "that man isn't Rodgers"  is an opinion l share, but it is only an opinion and if that opinion is not shared by Top or anyone else then l am reluctantly prepared to admit l may be wrong and they may be right.

When l say how quickly some people forget l am not referring historical successes, l am referencing the way the club (and city) has benefitted from this same ownership unlike any in our history.

I think its reasonable to ask questions but not to criticise and abuse in vitriolic language - Rodgers is a temporary fixture hopefully Top is not.

Rodgers has banked success but in my estimation Top has a lot more and l for one trust the man to do the right thing for our club.

Ps. good debate, your comments are measured, intelligent  and worthy.

I wonder if Top feels extra loyalty to Brendan for delivering his father’s dream of the FA Cup plus he may feel guilt over how transfer plans changed. It’s clear BR thought that he would get funds and started negotiating with players but plans changed in the summer. 

Nevertheless, BR should still go for the way he’s handled a difficult situation - he’s destroyed squad morale with his words and behaviour. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

Top didn’t do most of those things, his father did.

10 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

Well if I refer to Susan as ‘Big Suze’, I’ll get banned again for another 24 hours. So I’ve had to move on to blaming Rudkin. I’m running out of options. 

Wow of all the reasons to be banned that takes some beating. 

9 minutes ago, Viva said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if those who think Top should sell also think we would definitely get an Aston Villa-esque new owner who would come in and just throw money around

When there is probably a good chance it could also be a Mike Ashley, or someone who just comes in to asset strip us or do like what Burnley’s new owners did

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2