Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Rudkins not to blame here. Far from it. 

Rather than cryptic messages that everyone is drawing their own conclusion on, is it possible to say who is holding up the removal of Rodgers.  If it is Top then saying so would stop the speculation...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not if they didn't re-appoint Nigel Pearson we wouldn't. Without Pearson we'd still be in the Championship.

Yes they re-appointed NP, Do you think any other owners would have done that? Our owners are the best in football.

Look at what the Glaziers have done to Man UTD or Marinakis at Forest, Venky's at Blackburn. List goes on and on

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think some people need to chill out a little bit and do something else. It's getting a bit obsessive lol 

Mate we support LCFC. That IS obsessive by its very nature. Most of us have been through times we have no wish to see again, but they’re staring us in the face. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

What sort of argument is this? I’m sorry, but attributing performances on the pitch to him is borderline nonsensical. 

Also, the training ground has been built based on the assumption that we will receive high corporate money (seems silly now). Please look at the accounts and you’ll understand that very little external money has been pumped in, merely funded by loans and hypothetical scenarios.

Just because I’m young, it does not make me not entitled to an opinion. This ownership has become a cult for certain people, it’s actually a bit embarrassing, if I’m honest.

Thought I would be correct about your age. You are more than entitled to your opinion.

You do realise that the owners recruited the managers that have achieved all our success, including Rodgers? So hardly think attributing some of our successes to them is borderline nonsensical!

Calm down and have a word with yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John rayner said:

He will only come out of this situation if he resigned, he would then most likely keep his reputation. 

...his reputation is in no way being  tarnished, as you can see from the media reaction outthere!!!

He is not about to walk away without his swag filled to the brim, we are at the mercy of our Board who seems to delight in forgetting that the team is the one that is suffering, along with a disenchanted fan base.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Also what happens if we beat forest, does he stay? How many extra games does he get? The decision to not sack him at this point suggests he is safe for more than the foreseeable.

IF we beat forest and we breath them well (I.E not by a dodgy own goal or a controversial penalty in a 1-0 or 2-1 win) then he gets to stay on and see what happens. 

There is still a tiny, minuscule part of me that thinks he can turn this around. I think that comes from the players looking like they still like him and believe in him. Maddison’s interview post spurs suggested as much. 

Having said that, IF we beat forest and lose the following game then I would say that’s more evidence to back sacking him. 

Edited by Jakemoore

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Also what happens if we beat forest, does he stay? How many extra games does he get? The decision to not sack him at this point suggests he is safe for more than the foreseeable.

He would have to put a run together and then he might see through to the summer but I think his long term future is done here. 

It would only take one defeat again for everyone to be all over him. 

20 minutes ago, Viva said:

Thought I would be correct about your age. You are more than entitled to your opinion.

You do realise that the owners recruited the managers that have achieved all our success, including Rodgers? So hardly think attributing some of our successes to them is borderline nonsensical!

Calm down and have a word with yourself.

Well yeah, if you read my initial post then you’d see that I actually have praised the ownership for some decisions. 

But, you’re clutching at straws so much, it’s actually laughable, no other fanbase directly links the ownership to performance on the pitch lol

We've got 6 games in October, the last of which is against Man City so that's a bit of a free hit.

He'd still need to get at least 11 points from the remaining 15 available against other mid/low-table fodder to convince me that he's turned it around and would be worth keeping on after the WC. 3 home wins on the trot and 2 points from Bournemouth/Wolves away. That's absolutely achievable if he can get us back on form, and would have us looking a bit more comfortable in mid-table, around 11th/12th.

And if he does manage to turn it around, hopefully he'll have been humbled by the toxicity that's built up and we'll see a different side of Rodgers going forward. I'll wait to be convinced, though.

A home win against Forest is absolutely essential though. Anything other and he needs to be sacked at the final whistle, frankly. 

Even with all that said, though, I still think we'd be better parting ways now and getting someone new in to have a bit of time with the players before that same run of games, before we get cut adrift.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Well yeah, if you read my initial post then you’d see that I actually have praised the ownership for some decisions. 

But, you’re clutching at straws so much, it’s actually laughable, no other fanbase directly links the ownership to performance on the pitch lol

I think most do. Ask Man Utd fans for starters. Or Newcastle under Ashley.

17 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

IF we beat forest and we breath them well (I.E not by a dodgy own goal or a controversial penalty in a 1-0 or 2-1 win) then he gets to stay on and see what happens. 

There is still a tiny, minuscule part of me that thinks he can turn this around. I think that comes from the players looking like they still like him and believe in him. Maddison’s interview post spurs suggested as much. 

Having said that, IF we beat forest and lose the following game then I would say that’s more evidence to back sacking him. 

As others have said Madders isn’t going to publicly throw Rodgers under the bus (BR could learn a thing or two).

As for the players, they are NOT running which even Matt Piper picked up as the players being disillusioned/not playing for the manager.