Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

As others have said Madders isn’t going to publicly throw Rodgers under the bus (BR could learn a thing or two).

As for the players, they are NOT running which even Matt Piper picked up as the players being disillusioned/not playing for the manager.

I’m not 100% sure that I agree. They were running at 3-2 down. They pressed really well in the first half and we looked good. The players lost the will to run once they game went 4-2 and then they capitulated which was totally inexcusable. 

11 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Rudkin and Whelan as Director of Football and CEO should get the stick before Top, they run the football club not him. 

If they both want Brendan out but Top wants to keep Rodgers at the helm, it should be Top getting the stick imo.

• Like 2

I still don’t get the ‘let the coach turn it around’ approach.

if he can’t organise a defence then he can’t organise a defence 

he isn’t suddenly going to have an epiphany……. His way of playing leaves us too exposed on transition.  He should have changed this some time ago.  Last autumn when we didn’t have a defence he seemed to change his approach to try and outscore the opposition by pushing men forward. this is still happening. He somehow manages to have a way of playing that bores us to tears and yet leaves us woefully exposed defensively- it barely makes any sense. 

he had to avoid defeat at brighton or spurs. He managed to get to half time in both games level. He failed to show any tactical intelligence in both second periods. Playing as we did on Saturday when he was obviously told he needed to avoid defeat told me that he simply doesn’t care. And if he doesn’t care now then he won’t care next week or the week after. He wants his money and the worse we become the more likely it is that we cough up.   It simply isn’t of much benefit to him if we win games. it just makes the post match/pre games interviews more palatable for him.  

im afraid the board have to bite the bullet - I assume this is under way and it’s about negotiations 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

🙁

Screenshot_20220920-152728-993.png

Sad thing is I 100% believe this. Top is very supportive of Brendan. Question is why does Brendan behave like he does, and approach the job like he is desperate for the sack? Its like an abusive relationship, and i feel Top isn't able to disassociate friendship from the running of this business. 

I’d understand the board’s patience if this felt like a slow start to a promising season.

But the reality is, we’ve looked absolute garbage for the best part of 18 months.

Stats don’t lie - we’ve won 12 out of our last 38 games in all competitions. That’s only 1 less game than our 2014/15 PL season where we just scraped survival.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

I’d understand the board’s patience if this felt like a slow start to a promising season.

But the reality is, we’ve looked absolute garbage for the best part of 18 months.

Stats don’t lie - we’ve won 12 out of our last 38 games in all competitions. That’s only 1 less game than our 2014/15 PL season where we just scraped survival.

I'd agree with that and also add that it's the nature of the defeats i.e. the number of goals we're conceding. Not only is it highly embarrassing for all concerned with the club but the attacking players must be thinking why bother whilst I can only imagine the psychological effect this is having on Ward and the back-line. I imagine Madders will want out in January and I'm sure he won't be the only one.