Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Could well happen. I think its between Brendan and Conte. The money available for transfers is going to be massive.

....if that is the case it will be Conte!!!

Conte does not seem to stay too long at clubs so you can't be looking at a long term tenure. Rodgers has a shelf life just looking at his history and is limited tactically and in growth terms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if that is the case it will be Conte!!!

Conte does not seem to stay too long at clubs so you can't be looking at a long term tenure. Rodgers has a shelf life just looking at his history and is limited tactically and in growth terms.

Amazing how we have a few poor performances to start this season and now people are claiming him to be 'limited tactically'

12 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Could well happen. I think its between Brendan and Conte. The money available for transfers is going to be massive.

If you've got money and if both were interested it's a no brainer surely? Conte, a proven winner, every day of the week, in comparison, Rodgers has done nothing and certainly hasn't done anything remotely half decent in Europe. Conte would tick all the boxes for a multi million pounds owner. 

I would be amazed. Like others have said it's a massive project. They are years away from being where they want to be. 

Rodgers will be looking up rather than stepping backwards. The Newcastle job has someone like Howe all over it. 

The disrespect in here is truly outstanding to. Fickle fan base at its finest ! 

Wouldn’t shock me if he went to be honest. 

i also think if they got him or not there will be a couple of our players that they will target. Will want better than they have but will not be able to go straight in for the best players in the world.

if he goes, we need it in the contract he can’t come in for any of our players 

Rodgers certainly won’t walk away from us just yet…. With all the talks of Arsenal being interested and Spurs being interested yet nothing came of those.

Lets not get carried away, this is Newcastle, they’re still shit regardless of how much money they will have. And a club that isn’t even a stable PL one can’t be expected to suddenly explode into a super power.

Rodgers has more about him than to walk away from us now, during a long term project of our own, and it’s disrespectful to the man to think that, Celtic was an entirely different situation, going to Newcastle would be a monumental step down.

I’m happy to suggest that Newcastle will never achieve what we have under this ownership.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Rodgers certainly won’t walk away from us just yet…. With all the talks of Arsenal being interested and Spurs being interested yet nothing came of those.

Lets not get carried away, this is Newcastle, they’re still shit regardless of how much money they will have. And a club that isn’t even a stable PL one can’t be expected to suddenly explode into a super power.

Rodgers has more about him than to walk away from us now, during a long term project of our own, and it’s disrespectful to the man to think that, Celtic was an entirely different situation, going to Newcastle would be a monumental step down.

I’m happy to suggest that Newcastle will never achieve what we have under this ownership.  

put it like this if you win the Euro Millions tonight which is around 144m Jackpot, you are not going to be bedding Margot Robbie Sunday night! 

You might bed some has been Z lister but lets be honest the worldies know that deep down you are just the average jo with a lot of cash. 

• Like 2

Could certainly be Rodgers way in to the “elite” by proxy. I don’t think he’ll go there this season though because there’s too big a risk that they still go down and that would be a disaster for him and his resume - wouldn’t surprise me if he went in the summer though if they came knocking and they’ve stayed up, especially as that’s when we’re probably going to see them flex their financial muscle for the first time - I don’t think it would be just Rodgers who’d be considering it either if they were asked. It could be a very exciting project for a lot of managers if they’ve got cash to spend. 

Im still of the opinion that if what we’re seeing now is anything to go by, it would be doing us a favour in the long run. I get the feeling that things might be getting a bit stale for him and he might not be a million miles away from considering his options, and likewise, a change can sometimes be as good as a holiday. 

Its still possible to be extremely thankful for the job he’s done here and consider him one of our best ever, and still recognise that maybe it’s ran it’s course - maybe it hasn’t, maybe we’ll go and on a mad run from here on in and everything is rosy again but it’s been a very tame start to the season, despite it still being very early days. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

....perhaps not winning the league but there is a lot in between!!!

Get the right man at the helm and there is a lot of progress that can be made in a couple of seasons.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes that's right. Do you really think Leicester City achieved that because of a Rodgers tactical masterclass?

well yeah? him, his backroom staff and his team that he assembled and picked week in week out? 

Are you saying if we had Steve Bruce as our manager we still would have finished 5th and won the FA cup? 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

well yeah? him, his backroom staff and his team that he assembled and picked week in week out? 

Are you saying if we had Steve Bruce as our manager we still would have finished 5th and won the FA cup? 

I don't know where you dreamt the last bit up from?

24 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

They'll probably be too good for him then and if he doesn't start winning here soon his stock's going to slide very quickly. With the amount of money they can offer they can buy better than Rodgers. 

This is the issue.  If he waits until they’ve already turned the corner, they’ll be aiming higher than Rodgers.  It’d be a gamble for him but he might be tempted if he feels he’s lost the team here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't know where you dreamt the last bit up from?

well you were basically saying the team won it and it doesnt matter who the manager was so you saying Steve Bruce could do what Rodger has done at Leicester? 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....perhaps not winning the league but there is a lot in between!!!

Get the right man at the helm and there is a lot of progress that can be made in a couple of seasons.

This is true, but it’s still Newcastle….

Imagine being Mbappe for example, you say you want to leave PSG…

Man United 

Man City

Chelsea 

Real Madrid 

And

Newcastle are all interested…….I mean, it wouldn’t even be a decision surely? 

Like I said, Man city were always going to end up as they were, with a massive rival in United it makes sense for a billionaire to acquire them to challenge United.

Chelsea have the location, and they had some pedigree before. 

Multi billionaire’s have purchased less established clubs before, granted not on this financial scale, and have failed…. Purely because they simply don’t have the heritage behind them. 

Newcastle may well be the richest club in the world, but dangling huge cheques will only attract the wrong kind of players. Yes City have spend £100m on Grealish, but they’re established title contenders. 

Let’s hope financial fair play doesn’t allow Newcastle to attempt to run riot, but they will be competing for signings with the likes of United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool…. All of which have much more of a pull.

Perhaps it’s blind hope on my behalf that wants their plan to collapse……

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

put it like this if you win the Euro Millions tonight which is around 144m Jackpot, you are not going to be bedding Margot Robbie Sunday night! 

You might bed some has been Z lister but lets be honest the worldies know that deep down you are just the average jo with a lot of cash. 

....Newcastle are a sleeping giant, they have a great Ambassadors in Shearer and Keegan, someone has had the audacity to prod the sleeping behemoth, don't be surprised if it comes out baring it's teeth.

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is true, but it’s still Newcastle….

Imagine being Mbappe for example, you say you want to leave PSG…

Man United 

Man City

Chelsea 

Real Madrid 

And

Newcastle are all interested…….I mean, it wouldn’t even be a decision surely? 

Like I said, Man city were always going to end up as they were, with a massive rival in United it makes sense for a billionaire to acquire them to challenge United.

Chelsea have the location, and they had some pedigree before. 

Multi billionaire’s have purchased less established clubs before, granted not on this financial scale, and have failed…. Purely because they simply don’t have the heritage behind them. 

Newcastle may well be the richest club in the world, but dangling huge cheques will only attract the wrong kind of players. Yes City have spend £100m on Grealish, but they’re established title contenders. 

Let’s hope financial fair play doesn’t allow Newcastle to attempt to run riot, but they will be competing for signings with the likes of United, City, Chelsea and Liverpool…. All of which have much more of a pull.

Perhaps it’s blind hope on my behalf that wants their plan to collapse……

The difference is i dont think the players will let them run riot. 

The amount of money in the league now the rich will still be able to compete. 

Say Pogba for instance if he comes out and says he isnt going to renew his contract at Utd. 

He will have probably 5 or 6 giants offering what he wants and more he will then get an offer from Newcastle which is massive compared to the others. 

Would he really want to Newcastle for 600k a week or Madrid for 500k a week ? 

These players are already multi millionaires and it is more about their brand than their wages. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes that's right. Do you really think Leicester City achieved that because of a Rodgers tactical masterclass?

All I know is that since he joined us as manager we've qualified for Europe twice and won the FA Cup - granted we should possibly have got CL football but you can't say it's not down to BR that we were contesting for it in the first place.

He has had us playing some great football since he's been here - this season, for me, is the only point where I've thought we've looked poor, but looking at the injuries we've had and the inconsistency in being able to field our strongest teams you can understand why. But suddenly now everyone is claiming he's limited and not a good manager - pathetic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Newcastle are a sleeping giant, they have a great Ambassadors in Shearer and Keegan, someone has had the audacity to prod the sleeping behemoth, don't be surprised if it comes out baring it's teeth.

they maybe a sleeping giant but they are years away from attracting the elite players. 

The best chance of them skipping a few years building is if they get lucky with a couple of mediocre signings. It wouldn't surprise me if they go down this year! 

Edited by goose2010

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Keegan and Shearer have **** all on Daniel Lambert and John Merrick…..

To be fair, “sleeping giant” is a bit much….. I’d suggest Forest are a sleeping giant, as they already have a history of success….. Newcastle have a history of…… not a lot. 

Edited by Pliskin