Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

@Chocolate Teapot when are we likely to hear some news?

This tweet from Jake’s sums up my feelings.

I don’t take saying this lightly but #LCFC not taking this opportunity to sack Rodgers is a mistake by Top. His time is up - he knows it, as do players. There’s complete apathy around the club. This is a mid table squad sleep walking into a relegation battle unless it acts now.

Don't know mate. Might be a duff source tbh.

I'm starting to think our problems go much deeper than Rodgers and we may be just starting to see this.

32 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I honestly thought he'd be gone by now.  I expect he'll remain for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Just accidentally read the first page of this thread… how have things gone downhill so quickly!?

He will go, but they are probably in negotiations with their target and until that’s confirmed nothing will happen

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Well there is always room for negotiations 

you don’t just accept the contact and pay up

You might suggest that you allow rodgers to resign and still take 70% of what he’s entitled to in order to appear to save his reputation and avoid a sacking 

things don’t have to be black and white and they rarely are when push comes to shove …..

...that was what was negotiated and both parties were happy to sign at the time!!!

Unless there was a pro-rata agreement, then you have no reason to negotiate. If I agree on a price with someone I expect that price to be adhered to as I would do myself.

There is no tarnishing his reputation, it is still heavily intact and the questions being asked are, why are we so entitled and Rodgers is far too good for us? As I said previously unless the contract was badly drafted and there is a legal loophole, there is no reason for a negotiated settlement.

We have to accept that Top is not wishing to let him go, and is willing to give him the time to turn this all around. The relationship is probably a lot tighter than we knew, he probably sees Rodgers as a father figure, someone outside the family he can confide to.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that was what was negotiated and both parties were happy to sign at the time!!!

Unless there was a pro-rata agreement, then you have no reason to negotiate. If I agree on a price with someone I expect that price to be adhered to as I would do myself.

There is no tarnishing his reputation, it is still heavily intact and the questions being asked are, why are we so entitled and Rodgers is far too good for us? As I said previously unless the contract was badly drafted and there is a legal loophole, there is no reason for a negotiated settlement.

We have to accept that Top is not wishing to let him go, and is willing to give him the time to turn this all around. The relationship is probably a lot tighter than we knew, he probably sees Rodgers as a father figure, someone outside the family he can confide to.

With respect, your thoughts are more/less valid than mine 

I’m simply saying what happens in business - you’re always trying to save a few quid if its possible. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With respect, your thoughts are more/less valid than mine 

I’m simply saying what happens in business - you’re always trying to save a few quid if its possible. 

You can be certain that Rodgers lawyers have drawn up a watertight contract and unless he is feeling charitable, unlikely , he will hold the club to it. The delay is probably about how long he will give Top to pay it up. If we include interest on the amount he might give us a few years.

Edited by An Sionnach

So as it seems likely that Rodgers will somehow still be here for the Notts Forest game, instead of singing "you're getting sacked in the morning", when the red shite inevitably score their first goal, can we sing, "you should have been sacked fvcking weeks ago", instead. 

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You can be certain that Rodgers lawyers have drawn up a watertight contract and unless he is feeling charitable, unlikely , he will hold the club to it. The delay is probably about how long he will give Top to pay it up. If we include interest on the amount he might give us a few years.

...that then circles back to the lack of money, which I do not agree is the case!!!