Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The only, ONLY reason he can’t have gone yet is us working on a replacement to walk straight into role. But even with that scenario I’d rather a caretaker run training for the next few days whilst we find Rodgers’ successor.

Yeah. I was thinking this. But I can’t think of a legitimate scenario where we’d be better off keeping him rather than jettisoning him straight off: trying to hardball his compensation down, playing swapsies with another club? All the scenarios I can think of seem far fetched and ill thought out.

The only one that seems to fit is someone in the board doesn’t want him sacked and believed in him and if that’s true then someone in the board is happy doing this to the squad, fanbase and club.

There better be a good and sensible reason but I’m getting used to the idea of seeing a gutted squad fighting in the Championship next season with a board I don’t fully trust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norwichfox said:

I was thinking Puel next and...then the words integritee and intesitee crossed my mind...we don't need the master of communication or the one with no communication skills whatsoever, Pearson will do for the interim.

Nige is in a job at Bristol so not sure he’ll come. Having said that if he could bring Andy King back too alongside, that would be appealing. 

• Like 1

The scenario where he wants to go but we’re not letting him is the most surreal to me.

If we legitimately can’t afford his severance then we’ve created a bigger financial mess than we know about.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

That could be quite powerful actually. Massive game against Forest and we have a really low turnout. I’d be up for not going if we did a mass boycott type thing.

Agreed.

I'd love not to go, theres been times over the last 12 months i've not gone because i've had enough, I only renewed my ST because if I didn't i'd lose it and not get it back, i'm caught in two minds here, I wanna go to vent my frustrations, shout, say my piece and add to toxicity, on the other hand if a mass boycott is being planned that speaks volumes and sends massive message - in reality a boycott on a large scale is unlikely.

We can all talk about protests or boycotts but without planning and putting ideas out there, spreading the word nothing will happen on its own.

(Yeah you'll get chants, toxicity, murmers of discontent but thats not a protest or boycott is it)

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Agreed.

I'd love not to go, theres been times over the last 12 months i've not gone because i've had enough, I only renewed my ST because if I didn't i'd lose it and not get it back, i'm caught in two minds here, I wanna go to vent my frustrations, shout, say my piece and add to toxicity, on the other hand if a mass boycott is being planned that speaks volumes and sends massive message - in reality a boycott on a large scale is unlikely.

We can all talk about protests or boycotts but without planning and putting ideas out there, spreading the word nothing will happen on its own.

(Yeah you'll get chants, toxicity, murmers of discontent but thats not a protest or boycott is it)

Would make a massive statement, not showing up to home derby. Good luck getting even 1% of the fanbase on board with that though.

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The scenario where he wants to go but we’re not letting him is the most surreal to me.

If we legitimately can’t afford his severance then we’ve created a bigger financial mess than we know about.

...does that then mean that Rodgers is looking to expose the situation!!!

I do not believe it is a finance problem, just someone prominent backing Rodgers and creating this deadlock.

Just now, SheppyFox said:

Matt Abbott - Mercury - Rafa applied for job? Can’t be arsed to read through all the drivel to see if this has been mentioned yet.

How can you apply for a job that doesn't exist yet? and if it did already, how would "Matt Abbott" know?

15 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah. I was thinking this. But I can’t think of a legitimate scenario where we’d be better off keeping him rather than jettisoning him straight off: trying to hardball his compensation down, playing swapsies with another club? All the scenarios I can think of seem far fetched and ill thought out.

The only one that seems to fit is someone in the board doesn’t want him sacked and believed in him and if that’s true then someone in the board is happy doing this to the squad, fanbase and club.

There better be a good and sensible reason but I’m getting used to the idea of seeing a gutted squad fighting in the Championship next season with a board I don’t fully trust.

All I can think of is that the board are looking at our next run of fixtures against Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds & Wolves and hoping we get some points on the board and the momentum/confidence back.

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Matt Abbott - Mercury - Rafa applied for job? Can’t be arsed to read through all the drivel to see if this has been mentioned yet.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-brendan-rodgers-rafa-benitez-7605385.amp

"...according to Richard Keys."

</reality>

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Don't know what's weirder, people thinking that Pearson will dump a project to come and manage us for a few months, or that people actually want Pearson back 

Proper crumpet if you want Pearson back. 

And people are worried about being relegated, he'd put the final nail in the coffin. 

That ship set sail a few years back. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

All I can think of is that the board are looking at our next run of fixtures against Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds & Wolves and hoping we get some points on the board and the momentum/confidence back.

I think its exactly that. I thought he would be gone over the weekend but sadly not. Its looking like he will het until the World Cup break.