Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

Beating a team, at home, that got promoted through the playoffs and has been thrown together through a scattershot recruitment process is the bare minimum for a City that finished top 8 last three seasons. 

Yes it is. But most on here if we beat them will love Rodgers.

Win 4-0 I'll put a Rodgers in out poll up. I bet it's 60/40

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Yes it is. But most on here if we beat them will love Rodgers.

Win 4-0 I'll put a Rodgers in out poll up. I bet it's 60/40

I doubt it, there’s a fickle element certainty but it wouldn’t be that high 

The thing is though if we start well and score a couple without reply - which is possible - we could win by a decent margin. I think it’s unlikely, but it could happen, and then what? The press will say our bad run is over and he might get another few months or longer. What do we do if he gets a good points return from these next 3 ‘winnable’ games? 

How much is it likely to cost to pay Rodgers off? I’ve heard 10m, but others have quoted his full contract amount of 30m. Surely he’d be willing to go for less than that? If he’s put on gardening leave while a temporary manager takes charge (Dyche if he’s willing to take a contract to the end of season?), surely someone would come in for Rodgers to at least reduce the amount of his payoff?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

2 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

So I got a 30 day ban which expired today, and back then I was disappointed that I was going to miss out on the FT celebrations when BR got sacked.

The fact that he’s still here is insane.

Did you say something against 'the regime' 

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

How much is it likely to cost to pay Rodgers off? I’ve heard 10m, but others have quoted his full contract amount of 30m. Surely he’d be willing to go for less than that? If he’s put on gardening leave while a temporary manager takes charge (Dyche if he’s will to take a contract to the end of season?), surely someone would come in for Rodgers to at least reduce the amount of his payoff?

Money isn’t the issue. Top still wants him. 

The question is, how bad does it have to get before Top starts to think things aren’t great?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Liverpool fans told us celtic fans told us. He takes every club backwards.

Yes he won in Scotland and left a winning team. But we all could of, he didn't even have rangers.

The guy is not even a fecking joke.

Look how sh*** Celtic were in Europe though. Incapable of pulling off a Rangers type run to the final last year

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Money isn’t the issue. Top still wants him. 

The question is, how bad does it have to get before Top starts to think things aren’t great?

I always remember that image of Vichai turning up to Swansea away and looking absolutely disgusted. He knew Claudio's time was up

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Yes he won in Scotland and left a winning team. But we all could of, he didn't even have rangers.

wouldn’t have been a problem if we’d got rid at the end of the season though. It’s on the club not brendan at this point 

11 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I did like the part where he took us forwards though tbf, that was nice

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

In the grand scheme, this will all be small potatoes. Just because Brendan has taken a big slice of the pie doesn’t mean…err…peas in a pod…umm…yeh, I’m kinda out of food puns. 

Think you bit off more than you could chew with that line of thought.