Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Money isn’t the issue. Top still wants him. 

The question is, how bad does it have to get before Top starts to think things aren’t great?

Alexa how bad does it have to get for Leicester City FC? Response: It cant, no wins, one draw, 1 point, bottom of the Prem, staring relegation in the face! How is Brendan Rodgers still the manager.

Do you think… as much as it pains to say this, that we are stuck with him and just going to have to get behind the lads and hope we win 2 of the next 4 to stand a chance of staying up? I’m 100% Rodgers out, have been for a while but this situation tells me we don’t have a choice. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Do you think… as much as it pains to say this, that we are stuck with him and just going to have to get behind the lads and hope we win 2 of the next 4 to stand a chance of staying up? I’m 100% Rodgers out, have been for a while but this situation tells me we don’t have a choice. 

You’re right, the fact is still the manager and looks like being so for the foreseeable future, between now and the break we have 7 winnable games - and we are going to need to take at least 14 if not more points from them.

To do that, a toxic atmosphere isn’t going to help anyone, we need to get behind the lads.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sampson said:

I’d take Benitez til the end of the season to keep us up and sort our defence out, not sure I’d want him long term though

I would as well. Everyone points to how bad it was at Everton, they have a point - but it was never close to this bad.

Remember the 2-5 humiliation v Watford? We have this as our norm rather than exception.

We wouldn't go down under Benitez.

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I've tried and tried to make it work, but its been horrible to watch us for so long. I've forgotten whats its like to watch a game where we look like winning. My son passionately supports the club, but the last 2 games we've sat watching it with out mouths wide open. His mates don't even take the pi** anymore. Its got beyond the point where people don’t take the p*ss! They just feel sorry. He just wants to enjoy it.

I just want to enjoy it again too. I want to watch a game where i don't scream 'for heavens sake' when they are dickin* around passing in defence. I don't want the tv to cut to Brendan clapping or writing in his notepad, nor do i want to see Kolo sat down looking like he's eaten a bucket of KFC. I want to see someone who actually cares, and tries to work the potential of the players he has. I want to see them smile and enjoy their jobs.

But most of all, I want to us to play Brighton and Spurs, and not feel like we don't deserve to get a result even though we take the lead. He is in their heads, and has demotivated them so much they don't believe they should win. Not winning suits his predicament, especially if he is unsackable. It proves he is right. This just sucks from all angles.

I honestly haven't enjoyed games less. I've been going since about 2000 and don't remember feeling so depressed about our games. I think the main part of the depression is I know we could so easily make it not like that. So, so easily. Yet we're just choosing not to.

It's completely unprecedented levels of stupidity. I've not seen anything quite like it.

26 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You’re right, the fact is still the manager and looks like being so for the foreseeable future, between now and the break we have 7 winnable games - and we are going to need to take at least 14 if not more points from them.

To do that, a toxic atmosphere isn’t going to help anyone, we need to get behind the lads.

Who are the 7 teams we have a chance against, based on current form, and evidence? It's not the support of the fans to the players, that's the issue, it's the manager. How many more points are we going to surrender?  I agree with you however not much we can do, but I'm not naive, to think clapping and cheering the players on is somehow going to turn things around, its much deeper than that, we have to face facts the longer he stays the worse this gets and we as fans can do nothing about it, but prey to the almighty for a miracle run of form, in all honesty when was the last time anyone thought we are going to win / draw put up a determined fight, in a match, it's one defeat after another, we can expect more of the same, against all teams we face at present , I hope I'm wrong and your right by the way.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Take Spurs, Arsenal, United and Chelsea out of the equation

Brentford, Southampton and Brighton were also "winnable" games and we got one point. If they're genuinely stupid enough to give him those five games, they deserve to lose the tens of millions it will cost them in revenue. In pre-season I thought they'd give him until the WC break I just never believed we'd be in this hole.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Brentford, Southampton and Brighton were also "winnable" games and we got one point. If they're genuinely stupid enough to give him those five games, they deserve to lose the tens of millions it will cost them in revenue. In pre-season I thought they'd give him until the WC break I just never believed we'd be in this hole.

I would say that United was definitely winnable too.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

38 minutes ago, Phenom said:

I would say that United was definitely winnable too.

Chelsea had 10 men for about 70 minutes, that should have been an easy victory. 

They deserve to lose the millions by being this stupid, I’m just pissed off all us fans are gonna be caught in the crossfire. Still, Championship has more games and some decent away days. 

• Like 1