Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

This is bonkers. 

We’ve had one of the worst starts in Premier League history. We are in awful form and have been for months. 

A couple of things could be happening here.

1. They genuinely believe we’ll turn it around. So are letting us ride out the rough until a certain point that they have no choice.

2. We are actually for sale due to cash flow / liquidity issues with a sale imminent. No point sacking him, let the next owners do that with their cash. 

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I guarantee that beating forest will make no difference to the vast majority.  The vote may creep to 90/10 but rodgers has burned his bridges here in many ways 

7 hours ago, Stinky said:

This forum is vile lately. A win won't change anything

It might not make much difference to fans - although I beg to differ, I think many who have only just turned could be won back on board, plus the amount of happy clappers we have in the stadium…

But not about us, the fans is it?

Obviously Rodgers still has the support of the board or atleast 1 person on the board (Whatever happened to a majority vote and democracy?!), a win changes only strengthens that more.

So we don’t have money to strengthen the team THEN we don’t have the money to sack Rodgers, BUT what will the cost be when we are playing in the championship next season , TOP you seem to be out of ur depth, either fix this mess or sell , me thinks . Just my view

I ain’t so sure it’s as done and dusted that he will be in charge for the Forest game, just because he wasn’t sacked on Sunday or yesterday. 

Players who aren’t on international duty aren’t due back to until the end of the week so still plenty of time. 

As others have alluded to, this is a complex situation, it would seem pretty clear that there is a fixed compensation package to sack Brendan and most likely his coaching team, perhaps the delay is due to the club negotiating a reduced settlement on the basis of a mutual consent departure or resignation. 

This would explain the delay in any announcement. It also makes sense for both Rodgers and the board, Rodgers has an opportunity to avoid being ‘sacked’, the club reduce the financial liability with the potential saving going towards securing his replacement  and the important part in all this the club and particularly Top are not seen to be sacking the Manager who delivered two top. 5 finishes and our First FA Cup. 

As fans we know the time is right for him to go, however it is clear Rodgers is still a media darling, their are ego’s and reputations at stake along with significant financial implications. 

The silence is deafening which suggests things are happening behind the scenes, otherwise I think we would have heard leaks that Rodgers will be given more time etc. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The silence is deafening which suggests things are happening behind the scenes, otherwise I think we would have heard leaks that Rodgers will be given more time etc. 

Silence also accompanies absolutely zero activity

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

So we don’t have money to strengthen the team THEN we don’t have the money to sack Rodgers, BUT what will the cost be when we are playing in the championship next season , TOP you seem to be out of ur depth, either fix this mess or sell , me thinks . Just my view

With our squad we shouldn't have gotten less than 7 points.

instead we got 1.

42 minutes ago, Sly said:

This is bonkers. 

We’ve had one of the worst starts in Premier League history. We are in awful form and have been for months. 

1. They genuinely believe we’ll turn it around. So are letting us ride out the rough until a certain point that they have no choice.

2. We are actually for sale due to cash flow / liquidity issues with a sale imminent. No point sacking him, let the next owners do that with their cash. 

I'm starting to believe number 2, there's no other logical explanation, it's Bruce at Newcastle isn't it 

15 minutes ago, K789 said:

I'm starting to believe number 2, there's no other logical explanation, it's Bruce at Newcastle isn't it 

It very much could be. However, surely we’d have heard something? 

I can’t remember how close to the sale to King Power we started to hear noise about it?!

2 hours ago, iancognito said:

Take Spurs, Arsenal, United and Chelsea out of the equation

Brentford, Southampton and Brighton were also "winnable" games and we got one point. If they're genuinely stupid enough to give him those five games, they deserve to lose the tens of millions it will cost them in revenue. In pre-season I thought they'd give him until the WC break I just never believed we'd be in this hole.

2 hours ago, Phenom said:

I would say that United was definitely winnable too.

Plus an out of sorts Chelsea who were playing with 10 men for over a hour 🤔

Edited by SafewayFox

8 hours ago, TK95 said:

Look how sh*** Celtic were in Europe though. Incapable of pulling off a Rangers type run to the final last year

He lost to a team from Gibraltar but gets forgotten about because it was over 2 legs and they won they tie. His European record is beyond poor for a so called top manager

1 hour ago, Matt said:

plus the amount of happy clappers we have in the stadium…

Is that what fans who show up every week who just want to see their team win are called now? By all means give a little less of a shit if we lose but the number of fans that are fiercely passionate in wanting us to lose is rather weird right now. 

16 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

He lost to a team from Gibraltar but gets forgotten about because it was over 2 legs and they won they tie. His European record is beyond poor for a so called top manager

God forbid we ever hire a manager who managed a country that had won a major trophy in the last 20 years who goes and loses to the Faroe Islands. Can't see that ending up well... 

Before anyone points the finger I want him gone but ffs is this where we're at? lol

1 hour ago, Sly said:

This is bonkers. 

Point 2 is an interesting one but I really think it’s about the players still being with him. the performance on Saturday is skewed by how spurs played - they weren’t good. 

our tactical sh1tshow across the last two games would tell anyone who actually understands the game that the coach has to go. He’s lost the plot completely. 

a team full of confidence would probably be able to ride out the tactics employed and get results. It’s madness what they’re being asked to do when they’re petrified to do anything. 

it’s painful to watch and unfair on the players - the next guy who will inevitably arrive has a bigger and more difficult task with each passing week because of this. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Is that what fans who show up every week who just want to see their team win are called now? By all means give a little less of a shit if we lose but the number of fans that are fiercely passionate in wanting us to lose is rather weird right now. 

We need wins, we’re desperate for wins.

However for the long term good the worst thing we could do is win.

Catch 22. There is no good outcome in our current predicament.

This woeful form and these woeful performances for a significant time now are clearly not focussing minds within the board, a win would probably ensue they secure him a lucrative lifetime contract.

However I think your missing the crux of my point entirely.

Edited by Matt

7 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Got pretty furious with a mate of mine last week who genuinely believes that our team is shite, the board squandered the transfer window and he has the utmost sympathy for BR. Thinks he’s a victim.

I could’ve smacked him between the eyes.

That’s a common view that I’ve come across, but among supporters of other teams not from among our own ranks.

Just now, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

That’s a common view that I’ve come across, but among supporters of other teams not from among our own ranks.

It’s an uneducated view for sure. Unless you’re watching week in week out and have the passion, it’s easy to think that. We know what our lads can do, and we can see the selection of starting XI and subs being wrong. 

12 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Got pretty furious with a mate of mine last week who genuinely believes that our team is shite, the board squandered the transfer window and he has the utmost sympathy for BR. Thinks he’s a victim.

I could’ve smacked him between the eyes.

Guy at work is a big Spurs fan. Last week he was saying the same, and didn't understand how we weren't doing better because Brendan is a 'top class coach'.

Luckily (!?!) we have 2 Liverpool fans at work who put him straight. One summed it up as a 'He's a fraud he loves himself, and when it goes wrong it goes wrong fast'.

When Brendan finally gives up football (please be this week!), he should go into marketing. His brand building skills are exceptional. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2