Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Guy at work is a big Spurs fan. Last week he was saying the same, and didn't understand how we weren't doing better because Brendan is a 'top class coach'.

Luckily (!?!) we have 2 Liverpool fans at work who put him straight. One summed it up as a 'He's a fraud he loves himself, and when it goes wrong it goes wrong fast'.

When Brendan finally gives up football (please be this week!), he should go into marketing. His brand building skills are exceptional. 

The ‘he’s a top class coach’ is such a lazy statement too.

I said this weeks ago, and a few got annoyed about it but I’ll say it again. I’ve lost a lot of respect for Top this season. We can all see what needs to be done, and every week that passes the deeper the rut.

We’re not be overly dramatic. We’re not being entitled. We’re just passionate about our club and we know the team, and they don’t deserve to be 20th.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stinky said:

God forbid we ever hire a manager who managed a country that had won a major trophy in the last 20 years who goes and loses to the Faroe Islands. Can't see that ending up well... 

Before anyone points the finger I want him gone but ffs is this where we're at? lol

My point is what others are talking about regarding perception from outsiders.

He can’t organise us to defend corners after it being an issue for 18 months, Ranieiri sorted the defence out in a couple of months if we want to compare the two.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I said this weeks ago, and a few got annoyed about it but I’ll say it again. I’ve lost a lot of respect for Top this season. We can all see what needs to be done, and every week that passes the deeper the rut.

We’re not be overly dramatic. We’re not being entitled. We’re just passionate about our club and we know the team, and they don’t deserve to be 20th.

Usually as well when whoever has to state someone is a top class anything, they are saying it to convince people.

You don’t hear people saying ‘top class coach’ about genuinely top class coaches because it’s widely known and doesn’t have to be said. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

This annoys me too. Everyone at my work keeps saying it’s our fault not his. But if people actually looked at his record and took away the FA cup, they would see patterns of relegation form in every full season he has had here. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This annoys me too. Everyone at my work keeps saying it’s our fault not his. But if people actually looked at his record and took away the FA cup, they would see patterns of relegation form in every full season he has had here. 

We have Forest, Bournemouth, Palace, Leeds and Wolves in October. Easily 10 points right there minimum if we play the right team and strategy. Under Brendan, we won’t. Get him gone whilst we can still get out of this mess. We need some points before we face the big boys.

Only so many times I can read ‘respectful Thais’ biding their time because of the Queen. Starting to look more like ‘spineless’.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Even a mediocre coach would’ve sorted our set piece issues and overall defensive setup

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He may he a good coach... but i would beg to differ.  He doesnt work with what he has.. putting square pegs into round holes.  He discards players... he erodes the confidence of those who need encouragement.  He wants to play posession football that fears to risk any creativity.

Yet even if he was a good coach... he is not a leader.  He is not an inspring character that players and fans can follow.  This last point is why his leadership and impact reduces after a few seasons everywhere he goes. 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Even a mediocre coach would’ve sorted our set piece issues and overall defensive setup

Enter Shaun Dyche. If he is appointed as our new manager I can see him bringing Vesty back into the team though. Or at least Vesty would play a lot more under Dyche I think. 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

He may he a good coach... but i would beg to differ.  He doesnt work with what he has.. putting square pegs into round holes.  He discards players... he erodes the cobgudence of tbise who need encouragenent.  He wants to play posessiin football that fears to risk any creativity.

Yet even if he was a good coach... he is not a leader.  He is not an inspring chacter that players and fans can follow.  This last point is why his leadership and impact reduces after a few seasons everywhere he goes. 

Exactly this, he’s a good coach when everything is going well, other than that he’s pretty ordinary. He’s the type of guy who will just throw the towel in when he doesn’t get his own way, and as soon as he feels like he’s lost his grip on the team, he will start to defend himself in order to save his reputation. 

But he has proven that he will never be a top level coach, ever. He’s got the wrong attitude, at Liverpool he was given everything, and he still signed absolute shithouses and was spared by Suarez and Coutinho. 

The guys a complete fraud, he’s sucked so much out of the club that I genuinely don’t give a shit anymore, and in my 20+ years of going to watch Leicester I’ve never felt like this, not even when we were at our worst in the championship. I can’t make the forest game, and I’m not even remotely bothered about it. He’s lost the players, he’s lost the majority of the fans, and only a hand full of the board support him (allegedly).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m hoping someone is naive enough to come and purchase our top coach from us. Maybe Villa or Everton! 

No chance in hell. Everton and Villa steadily improving especially Everton, no chance they sack their coaches. We are stuck with the poison dwarf.

9 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

Also why can’t we take a decent corner. Our corners always seem to be cleared at the front post. And why didn’t Maddison take the penalty against Spurs? 

Do you even follow our games? Tielemans has been the penalty taker whenever Vardys not playing for years now, and been pretty successful. Maddison doesn't take pens at all, even had his one in the Stockport shootout saved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

This is bonkers. 

We’ve had one of the worst starts in Premier League history. We are in awful form and have been for months. 

A couple of things could be happening here.

1. They genuinely believe we’ll turn it around. So are letting us ride out the rough until a certain point that they have no choice.

2. We are actually for sale due to cash flow / liquidity issues with a sale imminent. No point sacking him, let the next owners do that with their cash. 

Well number two is bullshit isn't it?? They aren't selling the club because some tit on twitter decided to start a rumour. They wouldn't be going ahead with a massive king power branded arena, hotel and ground expansion if they were going to seel the club. It's as simple as up until this season he's been fairly successful in fact very successful for a club out size and they obviously massively get on with each other Brendan and Top and his mates so it's probably going round and round in his mind. I still wouldn't be surprised if he's using this week with no games and maybe not much Training to make a decision that for him is hard. It's easy as fans, we have no affinity to him at all we just see what's on the pitch and two minute interviews. I do hope he goes for the good of the club, and we can start winning games.