Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Well number two is bullshit isn't it?? They aren't selling the club because some tit on twitter decided to start a rumour. They wouldn't be going ahead with a massive king power branded arena, hotel and ground expansion if they were going to seel the club. It's as simple as up until this season he's been fairly successful in fact very successful for a club out size and they obviously massively get on with each other Brendan and Top and his mates so it's probably going round and round in his mind. I still wouldn't be surprised if he's using this week with no games and maybe not much Training to make a decision that for him is hard. It's easy as fans, we have no affinity to him at all we just see what's on the pitch and two minute interviews. I do hope he goes for the good of the club, and we can start winning games.

I think you're probably right, and well put.

However, there's a gnawing thought in the back of my brain that this belt-tightening does make sense for a sale to be in the offing. The club has problems with our wage-turnover ratio, but that's not going to kill the club, and next year a lot of big contracts will expire...so why tighten the belt so drastically now?

It just seems very sudden to go from being open to buying players at the beginning of the window, to then having no cash for players, let alone to pay of Rodgers. Something changed. But what?

Edited by CloudFox

13 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He's staying then. Can only hope our international players get some proper coaching while they're away with their national teams - it's our only hope. 

...I  said that  some time ago, when they are out of our coaching regime they blossom, as soon as they are back the deteriorate!!!

Amartey going away to Afcon, he excelled, KDH whilst on loan, we now have Thomas struggling and getting pelters as opposed to getting the support he needs.

It is not just one or two players regressing,  but all of them.

• Like 1

My only crumb of comfort (clutching at straws I know) is that we are probably lining up a replacement. @ramadaone said it got complicated after Potter left Brighton for Chelsea - maybe that’s why he stayed for Spurs 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are we making sure we have a man ready to sign with us before we pull the trigger? Rather than be left with no one for weeks? I can only hope… 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It just seems very sudden to go from being open to buying players at the beginning of the window, to then having no cash for players, let alone to pay of Rodgers. Something changed. But what?

....if you looked at this purely from an FFP standpoint it would point to why no one came in apart from two players!!!

The expected players not being sold prevented the ability for other players to come in and take their place. Fofana dud not have to be sold, we were not banking on money  for him. 

As for something has changed, yes there is a feeling that we are not a united club and a lot of mismanagement in play.

1 hour ago, Skid_1884 said:

My point is what others are talking about regarding perception from outsiders.

He can’t organise us to defend corners after it being an issue for 18 months, Ranieiri sorted the defence out in a couple of months if we want to compare the two.

Not many teams were going to score from corners against our 15/16 team!!.. Huth and Morgan were monsters!!

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Possibly but from the clubs perspective that would be a huge mistake. This isn't just a manager who is underperforming, this is a manager who has become toxic. He's a manager that is severely (and increasingly) underperforming, who is also throwing everyone under the bus with him. Get rid and let Stowell and Sadler handle it until we find a replacement, that can't be any worse than this and it would at least give the fans a boost ready for a vital match against Forest.

I agree, I was just trying to think of a reason as to why they haven’t done it yet (away from the lazy opinion we can’t afford to sack him). 

1 minute ago, Big Dave said:

Not sure if BS

990D24C9-C549-413F-8333-8BC26245FE7D.jpeg

100% BS. He isn't going anywhere so we might as well resign ourselves to the fact.

I for one am looking forward to the Rodgers fans coming out of the woodwork when we scrape a win against Forest. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dames said:

100% BS. He isn't going anywhere so we might as well resign ourselves to the fact.

I for one am looking forward to the Rodgers fans coming out of the woodwork when we scrape a win against Forest. 

Sadly probably true.

it is the corner flag photo that gets the hopes up.

Sadly, I think we've got him until the world cup. It's whether he CAN get things moving by then. By all means, he can try but only while he's here. I'd still expect the board to be sorting a replacement. 

Just such a shame how badly it's soured. If he'd gone 6 months ago for a job elsewhere, fair enough. Or if we were just 12th and bumbling along, not really doing badly but not doing great, you could say that he'd been here 3 years and was starting to outstay his welcome.

But this is just rubbish. He can't honestly think this is doing him favours. He can walk away, say "I did what I could for little old Leicester" and be able to go to other jobs. But this must surely put other suitors off him? 

47 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

My only crumb of comfort (clutching at straws I know) is that we are probably lining up a replacement. @ramadaone said it got complicated after Potter left Brighton for Chelsea - maybe that’s why he stayed for Spurs 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are we making sure we have a man ready to sign with us before we pull the trigger? Rather than be left with no one for weeks? I can only hope… 

@ramadaone and @themightyfin

Both also either stated or implied he wouldn't be in charge by the Villa game. 

So, either they aren't as reliable as this forum believes OR they're so in the know they knew the Queen was about to snuff it. 

You choose. 

• Haha 2