Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

55 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

My only crumb of comfort (clutching at straws I know) is that we are probably lining up a replacement. @ramadaone said it got complicated after Potter left Brighton for Chelsea - maybe that’s why he stayed for Spurs 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are we making sure we have a man ready to sign with us before we pull the trigger? Rather than be left with no one for weeks? I can only hope… 

I'd be worried beyond belief if the club hadn't at least started to look at replacements given we're 1 point from 7 games with the worst defence the top flight has seen in 60 odd years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Rodgers time is done here, he's a dead man walking whether he goes today or in a fortnight.

He won't survive this and he knows it.

He doesn’t want to survive it, that’s the whole problem and why we are in this mess. He’s downed tools and now so have the players.

This is on Top. Do the right thing Aiyawatt 💙

• Like 1

Can't remember a situation like this before, feels unique. He's clearly done but we just don't seem able to pull the trigger. Also feels like he's waiting for his payoff and almost begging for it. There are obvious financial implications that are holding this up but they're self imposed so Top just needs to take this one on the chin and put his hand in his pocket. If we go down because of our own hesitance then it will be too much to forgive

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Can't remember a situation like this before, feels unique. He's clearly done but we just don't seem able to pull the trigger. Also feels like he's waiting for his payoff and almost begging for it. There are obvious financial implications that are holding this up but they're self imposed so Top just needs to take this one on the chin and put his hand in his pocket. If we go down because of our own hesitance then it will be too much to forgive

I’m not convinced he’s not still here because Top genuinely believes he’s a great manager and he’s gonna turn it around any day now.

Just had a plasterer round to my house to quote for some work. He saw my numerous Leicester City memorabilia and said “Leicester fan then?” to which I replied rather sadly “yeah”.  I’m never sad having to admit to being a Leicester fan. I usually do it with a huge smile on my face. Especially coming from

Kent, Do you see what you’re doing to us Brendan? Just step down. Do the right thing, 

• Sad 1

Something just doesn't add up here - if Top really is still backing him to the hilt then why didn't the club make at least some funds available to him in the transfer window, even at the 11th hour from the Fofana fee? I also find it hard to believe that there's not at least some truth in our interest in some of the various names being touted as Rodgers' replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

Just had a plasterer round to my house to quote for some work. He saw my numerous Leicester City memorabilia and said “Leicester fan then?” to which I replied rather sadly “yeah”.  I’m never sad having to admit to being a Leicester fan. I usually do it with a huge smile on my face. Especially coming from

Kent, Do you see what you’re doing to us Brendan? Just step down. Do the right thing, 

Yeah - I just came back from my local Vineyard and the Boss asked me what is going on with Leicester? He followed up by saying in Austria, coaches get fired after 2 consecutive thrashings.  I replied - that will not happen to us as the fans love our coach. He then offered me a large glass of wine.

The most worrying thing watching certain players this season and some of last, is how backwards they have gone. Barnes, Justin, Ndidi, look like shadows of their former selves. The lack of tracking back by Barnes though is appalling, I can't believe he hasn't been pulled up on this, he never helps the full back out at all. Ndidi is strangely Sunday league this season, ever since the Brentford game, and someone like Dyche is needed to grab players by the throats and get them back putting a shift in and their bodies on the line.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

My only crumb of comfort (clutching at straws I know) is that we are probably lining up a replacement. @ramadaone said it got complicated after Potter left Brighton for Chelsea - maybe that’s why he stayed for Spurs 🤷🏻‍♂️
Are we making sure we have a man ready to sign with us before we pull the trigger? Rather than be left with no one for weeks? I can only hope… 

...putting Stowell and another in charge in the interim, would be better than what we have now!!!

It is just pointless continuing this charade for any longer!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...putting Stowell and another in charge in the interim, would be better than what we have now!!!

It is just pointless continuing this charade for any longer!!!

Perhaps, but if we sack him today, people will bemoan the lack of planning should a manager not be signed tomorrow  lol

• Haha 1