Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 18/09/2022 at 09:26, LCFCJohn said:

I think it is unfair of you to speak for everybody here.

Speaking for myself, I did not like Rodgers due to the person he is and was not a fan of his appointment in the first place, it felt like when Sven was appointment. Granted that first year from Feb 2019 to the end of the year things were going very well so I was able to bury my feelings about him and enjoy the performances. Let’s not pretend though that covid was the reason we lost out of top 4, we had started the slide from the Christmas before and lost games such as Southampton at home and Norwich away. Could the 4-0 win over Villa on the eve of covid have been a turning point? Maybe, and yes teams did get players back in the break but we had already undone a lot of our work by then. That first game back against Watford was a perfect sign of what was coming, a set piece goal, in the last minute, a minute or so after scoring to go ahead, that basically sums up what we’ve seen for the last year or so no?

So yes, although I only read this forum and didn’t post until recently, at the end of that season was when I first had doubts and thought he wouldn’t take us forward. I understood they wouldn’t change him so soon and didn’t expect them to.

The next season we started well and had some particularly good games such as Man City, Leeds and Arsenal away and he has dined off those with many people. Sure enough, we folded again and repeated the feat of collapsing. At the end of the season 2020/21 I definitely wanted him out and that hasn’t changed despite the FA cup win as that was not on him apart from playing strong sides in early rounds to give him credit for that.

From the start of last season it has been a shambles. I recall saying to a Newcastle supporting mate last October before they got Howe, I hope they would take Rodgers as within 3 years if he stays we will go down. Genuinely what I said at the time. With the benefit of hindsight, no I did not expect it to go so badly so quickly or for him to so publicly turn on the club.

I have seen others such as @The Year Of The Foxand @filbertwayget vilified for being amongst the earliest to turn on BR. They were accused of being entitled. Maybe just maybe they could see the warning signs early and we’re not afraid to call them at the time? 

Some of the abuse I was getting was ridiculous. Funnily enough those who were dishing it out have all gone into hiding. With the exception of one. He just cries to Mark when I’m hammering him back after all this time

🤭

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...putting Stowell and another in charge in the interim, would be better than what we have now!!!

It is just pointless continuing this charade for any longer!!!

You mean our goalkeeping coach who hasn’t improved a goalkeeper at the club since he’s been here?

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m anything but reactive.

I was adamant in January ‘15 time that we wouldn’t go down under Pearson- the football we were playing was by and large too good for that.

I was also livid when we sacked Ranieri and thought he’d have kept us up- though it was the right to decision to get rid.

It didn’t take a football genius to see the decline in football over the last 12 months. People just didn’t want to see the issues because we’d won The FA Cup

It was not a dig at you, people are reactive, especially about things they treasure so much. I am perhaps slow to anger on this, but that neither is a strength, its just different.

For example, I was very slow to join the Rodgers out camp, but concede I was wrong and he should go

Pearson in 15/16? Nobody had more credit in the bank with the fans, yet he was let go, yet the opposite situation now exists where the owners see much credit, but many fans do not

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Wonder where that Hasenhuttl has come from? Doesn’t take much to move the market but that’s a bit shift in 2 hours 

It doesn't take a lot of money to move a betting market such as next manager or player to sign for 'x' club.... 

30 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Some of the abuse I was getting was ridiculous. Funnily enough those who were dishing it out have all gone into hiding. With the exception of one. He just cries to Mark when I’m hammering him back after all this time

🤭

There still seem to be some people I know who are willing to defend him. I said to my mate from Liverpool 12 months ago that I think we will be relegated this season if Rodgers stays. Some people thought I was entitled, bitter and off my rocker but for anyone who watched the games from an impartial perspective, the warning signs were there. Someone in my family still buys into Rodgers' narrative, it's honestly become a minor source of conflict for us lol

• Like 1