Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Honestly can't see him leaving for Newcastle just yet.

Celtic was a chance for him to rebuild his reputation and to soak in that winning feeling.

He's mentioned quite a few times that the training ground was a huge motivation behind his decision to move. I honestly can't see him leaving after less than a year in Seagrave. 

He came to us because we offered him a project, and he's not even half way through that project yet. I think he wants to see it through.

The cynic in me will always see managers and players as mercenary’s unfortunately. 

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....probably a good ploy would be to get a scouting group (Brentford has one) that can identify quality and upcoming quality players!!!

There are plenty of top quality players out there at around the £30-40m pricing and not to be looking to swim in the same waters as your United's of this world. Their must be a European coach who believes he could succeed with the right backing. He would see himself with the ability to compete against coaches he has looked up to like  Pep, Conte and  Klopp and this would be the next step in their journey.

I expect it to be a coach from the continent, if they were to choose a Benitez or Ancelotti it set them back as they are in effect journey men and short term fixes.

Bielsa or too mental? Leeds fan I know doesn't expect him to be there next year. People were going mad for him on here. He's done well with Leeds, and surely there's only so many batshit crazy clubs around the world he can join.

One thing's for sure, this is the most batshit crazy thing going on in football right now.

We have to remember that, with a few exceptions Nicholson , Paisley perhaps., managers have no particular loyalty to their clubs. Rodgers is no different to most modern managers , he will go to who offers the best outlet for his ambitions. Never stay at a club that will end up sacking you , that can be damaging. Rodgers has been sacked once ,he won't want that to happen again.

I would be astonished if newcastle didnt sound out brendan's agent. if they get a positive response then its down to the board.  just as with players, holding onto a manager who would rather be elsewhere isnt a great idea. however, brendan has a reputation to protect so i doubt he would allow it all to go wrong here.  a player gets away with it. 

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Honestly can't see him leaving for Newcastle just yet.

Celtic was a chance for him to rebuild his reputation and to soak in that winning feeling.

He's mentioned quite a few times that the training ground was a huge motivation behind his decision to move. I honestly can't see him leaving after less than a year in Seagrave. 

He came to us because we offered him a project, and he's not even half way through that project yet. I think he wants to see it through.

im totally all in at work. Love my job, the people I work with the impact I can make, how highly I’m thought of..

but if someone offered to triple my money…

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We have to remember that, with a few exceptions Nicholson , Paisley perhaps., managers have no particular loyalty to their clubs. Rodgers is no different to most modern managers , he will go to who offers the best outlet for his ambitions. Never stay at a club that will end up sacking you , that can be damaging. Rodgers has been sacked once ,he won't want that to happen again.

Although the potential for Newcastle to start challenging is there, it's probably going to be a few seasons away at least.

I can't see Rodgers jumping ship to risk taking on a group of players who could easily get the club relegated this season. He'll also need to buy players and still stay within FFP limits when they come back in.

Anyone currently in a job will be seen as a mercenary if they switch to Newcastle at this present moment and it could ruin their career. As his next step, surely Rodgers will want a stint somewhere that can genuinely mount sustained challenges for titles and other trophies, like Man City, Chelsea, PSG or Barcelona. Newcastle won't be at that level for some time and may never be.

2 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

So what you're saying is that if we didn't have Brendan Rodgers in charge, what would we have won the league? Finished top 2/3?

We haven't been diabolical since Christmas - since that time, how often have we been able to put out our strongest 11? Injuries can't be the excuse for everytime we';ve played poorly or not won I get that but to say that we finished 5th despite Rodgers' tactics is insane.

No, I'm clearly not saying we'd have won the league or finished 2/3 but with the commanding lead we had we should have finished at least 4th. For those two seasons also, we had a squad of players commensurate of doing so particularly in the odd circumstances football found itself in. Now of course after the recent transfer window the landscape has changed somewhat. However, for those two seasons, with the squad we had compared to our competitors I believe that 5th place was very achievable and many of our competitors managers would have given their right arm to have such a talented talent squad and I think a number of them could have at least matched Rodgers exploits or surpassed them.

Neither were we the only team to suffer injuries either. But, there was a consistency of playing with three at the back, whether we had the players to do it or not. Rodgers was also consistently playing square pegs in round holes when there were alternatives ie Castagne at centre half etc. Painfully slowly side to side and backwards defensive football as if we were trying to stave off relegation, always a perception of merely trying not to lose rather than win. The painful reluctance to play Iheanacho who almost single handedly rescued our season, no thanks to Rodgers who given half a chance would persist with the useless Perez. In terms of management, for me personally, it was a litany of failures, mistakes and missed opportunities that were only mitigated on a number of occasions by individual moments of good play by talented players within the team, usually after 70 minutes when Rodgers would suddenly change tack to some semblance of normality.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not that I think it will happen, because I dont,  but if it did its the best way for him to leave us surely? Being jumped up at a tinpot club where he'll definitely fail, will take Congerton and potentially Maddison and Perez with him, and we'll get full compo for the lot?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

I said specifically Brendan has got wind of this and has engineered the shit results to make it a bit more easier to jump ship .  I was laughed at by some clowns here .  I said they going to be taken over anytime soon , bit sooner than I thought but o was right . It smells abs Brendan has jumped on this ship .  

Is he Mystic Meg? the poor league performances started a while ago.

I think he would seriously consider going there if they wanted him, he may have already been sounded out by them.

Personally I’ve got a feeling that Brendan thinks he’s taken us as far as he can. He’s always saying that we’ve not got the financial backing to compete with the bigger clubs.

• Like 1

The thing is with the Newcastle job, it's going to take some patience to get to where they want. They still have a horrible training ground, their squad at the moment doesn't have a chance of winning anything, and even if you could go out and spend all the money (not as easy these days), it's going to take some time to build up a capable team. We've seen what can happen if you just buy a load of big names and chuck them in together. I guess it depends on the new owners and whether they would be expecting immediate results, or if they understand its going to take a few seasons to build something up. I personally would want to be the person who gets to swoop in after the first manager has done all the hard graft. 

• Like 1

You'd think Rodgers would have more credit in the bank with all of our fans given he's been our most successful manager over multiple seasons.

As well as our recent form, I think some of this is our style of football - it's not the up and at them, physical style of Martin O'Neill or the fast-pressing and counter-attacking team of Claudio with two more traditional centre-halves. 

However, when the football clicks under Rodgers, it's the best football I've seen as a Leicester fan and it's brought us major success. And his game management is excellent until recently - even when we weren't playing amazingly, we still tired out teams with our passing and took advantage later in the match. 

He won't have as much power over a club as he will here or such supportive, patient owners - the infrastructure is set up for him and players who've left have talked about the special atmosphere at Leicester. I think he'll only leave voluntarily if it a club like Man United who come in where there is that extra prestige and financial power. I might be proved wrong on this but he comes across increasingly as a man of integrity and I don't see how his style of working fits with a club run by Saudi Arabia.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MPH said:

im totally all in at work. Love my job, the people I work with the impact I can make, how highly I’m thought of..

but if someone offered to triple my money…

Is this your way of telling us you want to be a high class prostitute?

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Explain how he's limited tactically then. A little more detail please

The last six months of league games should be all you need to establish that.

Picking Perez. 

For months on end, not adjusting his tactics to enable Vardy and Ian to play together / not adjusting tactics to enable Ian to play.

Substitutions: poor - leaves them too late in a game / brings the wrong players off.

Allowing most of our time on the ball to be between our defenders.

Waiting for us to be a goal down due to the above, before attempting to score a goal.

Now seemingly unable to get the team to play with pace or spirit.

That’ll do for now I think.

• Thanks 1

He ain't anymore stubborn, than any decent manager-& a lot more flexible,t han many fans who just keep chewing that bone..

All these conspiracies and thoughts, what Rodgers is thinking of doing &

Continually making up stories to try

And show what he is thinking..

30- 50 posts, saying he doing this,

& one of you decide your posts are based on knowledgable-facts, another 10 prophezise, no it's this path he will take...

.They are worse than the claimed- nonsense & mistakes you blame Rodgers for..

Edited by fuchsntf

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

I would be amazed. Like others have said it's a massive project. They are years away from being where they want to be. 

Rodgers will be looking up rather than stepping backwards. The Newcastle job has someone like Howe all over it. 

The disrespect in here is truly outstanding to. Fickle fan base at its finest ! 

Unfortunately Don Howe is no longer with us

• Haha 1