Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I also remember not wanting Pearson to go, I’m not sure I could claim to think we would stay up but as we were newly promoted, there would have been more of an expectation to go down and I actually think a side that goes down after one season up is better placed to bounce back than a side like us currently who will be ripped apart and have to rebuild from carrying high wages and with financial difficulties.

Ranieri I didn’t want to go but agreed it was time sadly.

Puel I did not want to go as I liked what he was doing building the squad. It probably was time in highsight after the Palace game. I felt a lot of people who got toxic toward Puel were shortsighted and entitled. 

Rodgers is the first manager I can remember wanting gone for so long. I value the ‘builder type’ managers like Pearson and Puel so much, I have no time for someone who comes in and rips all that apart!

I explained earlier about how his character and habits mean he can only last couple of seasons... and to your point, he exclude players who he believes cant play in his systems- so he slowly builds up a group in the squad who he will not pick; others are excluded as a punishment and any that lose confidence are not encouraged but binned also.

Edited by foxinsocks

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Some of the abuse I was getting was ridiculous. Funnily enough those who were dishing it out have all gone into hiding. With the exception of one. He just cries to Mark when I’m hammering him back after all this time

🤭

I think my frustration is that until recently, you suggest you want Rodgers gone and get accused of entitlement. As I say, I’m recent in joining on here but in a wider sense, I have noticed this. Thing is, it’s not entitlement as the man has won something with us. It’s everything but that;

-Style of play - predicable and boring

-His negativity

-Weak mentality of the club and squad

-Move away from the type of signings we used to make

-The recurring injuries

The latter two are direct changes of our clubs two strongest abilities a few years back and for those willing to open their eyes, our current predicament was obviously on the way albeit not necessarily as quickly or to the extreme it has been.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I explained earlier about how his character and habits mean he can only last couple of seasons... and to your point, he exclude players who he believes cant play in his systems- so he slowly builds up a group in the squad who he will not pick; others are excluded as a punishment and any that lose confidence are not encouraged but binned also.

You’re right, I’m not sure where the strong man manager or youth promoted reputations come from as he has proved the opposite with us. 

He moans about needing a cheque books but blows money left right and centre. There’s a strong squad there that have been coached awfully and into a really negative mindset/mentality. I do think a new face and new voice, bringing back the likes of Soy will see us ok if done in time which looks less likely…