Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Dames said:

I wouldn't say an outright chance of ownership is needed but there needs to be new investment and faces at the table with new ideas. 

Its gotten too comfortable and one person wields too much power which hinders progress when that person is stubborn. 

I’d rather the owners, board and manager change before we lose any more of our key players. Madders is probably gonna be gone in January if we don’t sort ourselves out, and others will follow suit. Can’t blame them really, the club is damaging careers

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The sooner people realise Top genuinely doesn't give that much of a shit anymore the better. How often is he even here? How often do we hear him speak? When do we hear anything from any other board members, ever? None of them give a shit. Its all just one big business venture. Things were waaaay different when Vichai was alive. 

He wasn’t at the yanited game 

he attended the previous two home  fixtures (as did apichet)

I doubt an owner that doesn’t care comes to a home game against soton ….

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

The sooner people realise Top genuinely doesn't give that much of a shit anymore the better. How often is he even here? How often do we hear him speak? When do we hear anything from any other board members, ever? None of them give a shit. Its all just one big business venture. Things were waaaay different when Vichai was alive. 

Because we were always hearing Vichai speak!

Just now, st albans fox said:

Being present at the season opener is a bit more about ‘being seen’ than showing passion. If Top had passion for the club, he’d do the right thing. We’re rotting from the inside.

• Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Nah this is knee jerk bollocks. They’ve always been quiet. I can barely think of an interview Vichai gave apart from the one when he said we’d be in the Champs League in a few years when we were still in the Champ and back then we all wished he hadn’t said anything.

They’ve also been fairly patient too, see when they kept faith with Pearson when bottom of the table for so long. Ranieri and Puel we’re given longer than many fans wanted. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apichet may aswell not exist. never shown any excitement for the club. 

When Vichai was here we at least saw him mixing with the players, he was loved and valued, they spoke highly of him, he of them, he got involved with them. 

Where's Top? Where's his interaction gone? 

Edited by SecretPro

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

When Vichai was here we at least saw him mixing with the players, he was loved and valued, they spoke highly of him, he of them, he got involved with them. 

Firefighting his business  empire at a guess

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Just because there aren’t lots of photos, doesn’t mean top doesn’t interact with the players when he’s around 

apichet absolutely rarely comes over - hence I was intrigued to see him at those two fixtures ….

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The way things have been handled lately, a change of ownership may not be the worst thing.

As there is zero guarantee of who the new owner would be or what they would be like it could absolutely be the worst thing

Could get a good owner, could get a very dodgy one

Could get one like Villa who are happy to throw money around, could get one like Burnley where it leaves the club even worse off

2 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If the owners aren't going to sack him due to either they love him or they are skint.......we might aswell stick with him  for 3 more years until his contract finishes......see how he likes and fares in the championship!

It hurts me to see people talking about wanting our owner to sell up, I still have huge respect for top and it is easy to say since he took over from his Dad that things have gone backward. To put these current issues on him is somewhat harsh but I do feel we need an experienced investor of some sort just for a new voice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just because there aren’t lots of photos, doesn’t mean top doesn’t interact with the players when he’s around 

apichet absolutely rarely comes over - hence I was intrigued to see him at those two fixtures ….

So what you're suggesting or insinuating is that there were questions and doubts over Rodgers future - He had to hit the ground running this season.

2 points;

Why even give him the opportunity to start the season when it was obvious we should have parted ways end of last season - even then it'd be giving him longer than he should have had - he should have gone midway through last season (Even then it'd have been longer than he should have had).

We haven't hit the ground running, far from it, we're getting worse both in performances and results - yet someone is still supporting him on the board - I made a point earlier whatever happened to a majority vote and democracy.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

So what you're suggesting or insinuating is that there were questions and doubts over Rodgers future - He had to hit the ground running this season.

2 points;

Why even give him the opportunity to start the season when it was obvious we should have parted ways end of last season - even then it'd be giving him longer than he should have had - he should have gone midway through last season (Even then it'd have been longer than he should have had).

We haven't hit the ground running, far from it, we're getting worse both in performances and results - yet someone is still supporting him on the board - I made a point earlier whatever happened to a majority vote and democracy.

I’m not suggesting or insinuating anything 

I thought his attendance was more about supporting top in a period where the ownership may feel under some pressure re lack of spend