Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Honestly can't see him leaving for Newcastle just yet.

Celtic was a chance for him to rebuild his reputation and to soak in that winning feeling.

He's mentioned quite a few times that the training ground was a huge motivation behind his decision to move. I honestly can't see him leaving after less than a year in Seagrave. 

He came to us because we offered him a project, and he's not even half way through that project yet. I think he wants to see it through.

But if there's signs that project is starting to fail and he can double his money? Newcastle being another side who will soon be able to compete will only add to the pressure of him succeeding here. Like I said previously, I don't want him to go, I just don't think Seagrave would be enough for him to stay.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

But if there's signs that project is starting to fail and he can double his money? Newcastle being another side who will soon be able to compete will only add to the pressure of him succeeding here. Like I said previously, I don't want him to go, I just don't think Seagrave would be enough for him to stay.

I agree. You hear his narrative everytime he talks. All about how far he's taken the club. I could see Newcastle appealing to him. It really depends what drives him cash or prestige? I think it's cash (and control) hence why he's stayed here. He'd got more cash and possibly similar levels of control at Newcastle. 

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Honestly can't see him leaving for Newcastle just yet.

Celtic was a chance for him to rebuild his reputation and to soak in that winning feeling.

He's mentioned quite a few times that the training ground was a huge motivation behind his decision to move. I honestly can't see him leaving after less than a year in Seagrave. 

He came to us because we offered him a project, and he's not even half way through that project yet. I think he wants to see it through.

I hope you are correct I really do, time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree. You hear his narrative everytime he talks. All about how far he's taken the club. I could see Newcastle appealing to him. It really depends what drives him cash or prestige? I think it's cash (and control) hence why he's stayed here. He'd got more cash and possibly similar levels of control at Newcastle. 

I'd imagine he'd be willing to sacrifice having as much control to have access to those kind of finances, or calibre of players who'd be signed for him. I could be wrong but I'd say if they wanted him he's gone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

Best manager we have had in a long while and you are not fussed if he goes.....

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

It would leave us in one hell of a mess if he leaves. So not sure why you wouldn't be to fussed.

We have been poor in every league match so far this season. Our European start has been poor and recruitment very questionable in the window just gone. His tactics and substitutions poor. He is also running the players in to the ground based on two years of long injuries. Quite a bit to improve and not sure he will do this time. 

• Haha 1

Money doesn't always guarantee top performers. Newcastle still have to spend correctly to get towards the top 6 or even 4 but Im sure it will be fun trying. We can see with Man Utd you can have all the players but they also need to gel together which isnt a guarantee. Arsenal are one of those clubs that have spent 50m on White, 45m on Partey. 72m on Pepe and 25m on Saliba and none of them look great. They have almost regressed despite a huge outlay so lets see what happens at Newcastle, although Im sure they will be throwing some huge sums out there.

For Brendan, he would be a mad man to leave project Leicester! He has already won a major trophy and when all players are fit and available, he has a top 6 squad easy with huge potential. Im not sure how many squads in the prem carry such an all round deep squad and potential as well due to the likes of Justin, Fofana, Barnes, Daka, Soumare, KDH, Maddison, Ndidi and Thomas are all 24 years of age or under.

Its just a shame from our point of view that so many of our squad have been subject to injury as we aren't seeing the real Leicester yet.

• Like 1

I’d happily see us take another route. We can’t compete with the top4 playing Rodgers ball. Would rather see us be the best anti football (athletico Madrid style) team.

cant beat a 1-0 89th min away win!

and if I never see another kasper diagonal = throw in again!, then fantastic 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

It would leave us in one hell of a mess if he leaves. So not sure why you wouldn't be to fussed.

Rudi Garcia is available and you could do a lot worse for an in-season hire, if we needed to make one.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

I’d happily see us take another route. We can’t compete with the top4 playing Rodgers ball. Would rather see us be the best anti football (athletico Madrid style) team.

cant beat a 1-0 89th min away win!

and if I never see another kasper diagonal = throw in again!, then fantastic 

In fairness, I don’t think we can compete for the top four regardless. We’ve missed the boat now, top four have strengthened beyond what we can compete with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m laughing at the fact that some people think Brendan will be off to Newcastle, bags already packed! They’ll be rumours about our best players leaving next, then they’ll buy our new training ground and ship it up north! 

If you think about it logically, Newcastle would be appealing to him. He's already managed Liverpool, Man City won't go fo him, nor would Man United or Chelsea for that matter. He probably sees his best chance of managing an 'elite' club being to get in at the ground floor with a club that isn't at that level yet but has the unlimited resources to get there. 

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

If you think about it logically, Newcastle would be appealing to him. He's already managed Liverpool, Man City won't go fo him, nor would Man United or Chelsea for that matter. He probably sees his best chance of managing an 'elite' club being to get in at the ground floor with a club that isn't at that level yet but has the unlimited resources to get there. 

That's the only difference with us. We have everything for him here except unlimited resources. For us to break into the 'elite' it would take us another 10 years of continuous European football to bridge the gap a little financially and even then we would struggle to compete money wise. 

Be interesting to see what happens with Newcastle whether they go for Rodgers or not. 

9 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Some of the comments here about Rodgers are embarrassing given what he's done with us.

Ludicrous…. I’m scratching my eyes reading some of the comments….. 

And let’s face it, Newcastle are basically now a Ferrari with a peugeot engine in it so why would he walk? 

Some people need to be very careful what they wish for……

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

We have been poor in every league match so far this season. Our European start has been poor and recruitment very questionable in the window just gone. His tactics and substitutions poor. He is also running the players in to the ground based on two years of long injuries. Quite a bit to improve and not sure he will do this time. 

We haven't started well no but it's not even 10 games in. Everyone at the start of the season was raving about our transfer window and new players take time to bed in.

Injuries were unavoidable as we had no one to come in.

He is probably up there in our top 5 managers of all time. Probably close to top 3 but some are willing to sack him because of a slow start ? It's so fickle and everything that is wrong with modern football. Has he not earnt at least a bit of time to turn our slow start around ? Or is it get rid and start again ? We have one of the most sort after managers in the league and you are willing to get rid because of our slow start? Absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We haven't started well no but it's not even 10 games in. Everyone at the start of the season was raving about our transfer window and new players take time to bed in.

Injuries were unavoidable as we had no one to come in.

He is probably up there in our top 5 managers of all time. Probably close to top 3 but some are willing to sack him because of a slow start ? It's so fickle and everything that is wrong with modern football. Has he not earnt at least a bit of time to turn our slow start around ? Or is it get rid and start again ? We have one of the most sort after managers in the league and you are willing to get rid because of our slow start? Absolutely ridiculous.

Glad you liked it.