Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Happy Fox said:

They sacked Ranieri after delivering the title and he didn’t even have as a bad a run as what we are enduring with Rodgers. It’s really weird how Rodgers is still in post. I cannot quite understand the rationale of keeping him on for Forest.

Yeah but we do not know how friendly these guys are behind the scenes, I think he should go but it looks like he is getting the Forest game, the big thing for our season will be, if, when he goes, who replaces him, hopefully they already have a couple of managers lined up, just have to wait and see.

Just now, ithuriel said:

Yeah but we do not know how friendly these guys are behind the scenes, I think he should go but it looks like he is getting the Forest game, the big thing for our season will be, if, when he goes, who replaces him, hopefully they already have a couple of managers lined up, just have to wait and see.

We could do with a player revolt, that might be the only way to get Rodgers out.

Just now, Ricey said:

Vichai sacked Ranieri. I think it’s pretty clear that Top isn’t as ruthless.

But then Top sacked Puel, so it’s not like he hasn’t done it before. It is such a strange situation, everything points to the fact he should be gone, but the lack of any credible source confirming either way means I wouldn’t be shocked if he is still in charge against Forest but at same time I wouldn’t be overly surprised if he was gone by the end of the week. 

it’s a surreal situation. 

1 minute ago, ThurmastonFox said:

I’ve heard this from a couple of posters now. Must be true 

lol To be fair to the chap he had me Googling 'Wout Faes' days before he was even so much as mentioned anywhere else, and laughing at the thought of Kasper leaving for Nice weeks before he did... 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Daggers said:

But now you’ve got fans calling for it, ex players stating it should happen, ex-pros amazed it hasn’t, and journos saying it should have happened already. There’s almost universal agreement that he should go - and yet complete silence and inaction. 

Agree. Even Rodgers himself expects, even hopes, for the sack. Understandably he must feel peeved that the disruptor role he was sold has turned out into Sheffield United. He appears to be almost begging for his pay off.

Totally bizarre that he retains the faith of the club's ownership

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

They sacked Ranieri after delivering the title and he didn’t even have as a bad a run as what we are enduring with Rodgers. It’s really weird how Rodgers is still in post. I cannot quite understand the rationale of keeping him on for Forest.

Actually there are parallels with the end of Claudio's reign.

We went into Feb 2017 with just 1 point from the first seven games of the calendar year, just like this season.  A  0-0 draw with Boro I believe.  Shalespeare came in and won 5 on the bounce and saved our sorry asses.

The main difference is that then we couldn't score and now we can't defend.

• Like 1

I’ve heard that when we gave Rodgers his new contract we gave him a seat on the board. Now the board have to agree on decisions of this nature unanimously, the problem being that the board have been trying to get rid of him since last February but rogers keeps slinging his veto on the table, feet up, rocking back on his chair saying “I ain’t going nowhere mother ****ers” 

It is Rodgers who his digging in his heels and refusing to sack Rodgers. 

:ph34r:

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

No-one is beyond criticism but I find some of the Top out calls pretty distasteful.

There's questions to answer most definitely and I completely disagree with the decision (it seems) to stick with Rodgers but let's not forget that KP has been decimated by covid - there's bound to be a knock on effect. Don't forget he's a young guy having to deal with all of this without the guidance of his father - mistakes will be made.

If anyone deserves our patience it's the Srivaddhanaprabha family. Pretty mental how quickly some have turned on them.

Owning a football club is a luxury. Their lack of investment is hurting the club. If they can’t afford a PL club they should sell before the value drops even more.

Just feel very angry at the club and everyone involved at the moment. Just in a situation where we can't afford to sack our own manager is pharcical. Think Top and the rest got carried away with the handing out contracts and bonuses big time like a sweet shop. 

• Like 1

Just a thought. Maybe he is going but they think leaving Stowell two weeks to take training is a bit long. So they’ll keep Brendon in charge until about Friday then install Stowell so we get the full effect of a positive uplift, go out and stuff forest. Stowell steps aside with his 100% record in tact and then the new man comes in. 

16 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I never hated Puel. He seemed genuine. Some crap decisions but he gave it a go. Brendan really sends out some unpleasant vibes. 

Yeah, you're right.

He did a job and the football was good initially. 

Brought in some very good talent that Brendan did well with.

But his time was up and a change was necessary. 

Very much like now

• Like 1