Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Just a thought. Maybe he is going but they think leaving Stowell two weeks to take training is a bit long. So they’ll keep Brendon in charge until about Friday then install Stowell so we get the full effect of a positive uplift, go out and stuff forest. Stowell steps aside with his 100% record in tact and then the new man comes in. 

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

32 minutes ago, murphy said:

Actually there are parallels with the end of Claudio's reign.

We went into Feb 2017 with just 1 point from the first seven games of the calendar year, just like this season.  A  0-0 draw with Boro I believe.  Shalespeare came in and won 5 on the bounce and saved our sorry asses.

The main difference is that then we couldn't score and now we can't defend.

Methinks it was the first six league of 2017 that gained us just 1 point, with not a single goal scored, although that dismal run was interrupted by two FAC wins before losing to crappy Millwall in R5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Just got home after a day full of meetings with willy pullers I I hate, and entertaining people I loath.

Please, has anyone got good news for me?

Someone's mate is a journalist and he said Brendan definitely may be sacked tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Vichai sacked Ranieri. I think it’s pretty clear that Top isn’t as ruthless.

Top sacked Pearson mid-season and was over-ruled by Vichai. Also sacked Puel after a winless run about a month after the chopper crash.

He is however aware that this will cost him at the very least 10m, probably more and won't be overly keen to piss more money down the drain until it's absolutely necessary.

18 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Just a thought. Maybe he is going but they think leaving Stowell two weeks to take training is a bit long. So they’ll keep Brendon in charge until about Friday then install Stowell so we get the full effect of a positive uplift, go out and stuff forest. Stowell steps aside with his 100% record in tact and then the new man comes in. 

I don’t think they’re in this week 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

I have also heard this from somebody extremely reliable. 

....what does it matter if he goes before Forest, put Stowell in charge and move on!!!

There is still the feeling of indecision as the people in charge appear to not know which direction to turn. Whether he is waiting for a manager to be free or not, terminate the contract and get these players looking forward to coming in for training.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

As always, it’s a business decision I would assume and a bunch of emotional fans or stupid ex-pros won’t influence them. TV money and demand for seats would suggest there is little for them to worry about. Well beyond relegation of course 

It's clear they're not listening to the fan base or Rodgers would be long gone. Prior to the last few humiliations though the media and so called expert pundits were blaming City for not backing him as they saw it.

That view has changed somewhat now to the point where Rodgers stock rating has dropped considerably.  If we'd sacked him 3 games ago he'd have left with a lot of money and the outsiders view that it wasn't his fault. 

I'm just wondering if the board are either burying their heads in the sand in blind faith that things improve or in the hope Rodgers eventually realises it's in his best interest to leave before the whole world sees him as inept and wants to come to a cash compromise to go.

It's a dangerous game of Russian roulette whatever they're doing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what does it matter if he goes before Forest, put Stowell in charge and move on!!!

There is still the feeling of indecision as the people in charge appear to not know which direction to turn. Whether he is waiting for a manager to be free or not, terminate the contract and get these players looking forward to coming in for training.

Couldn't agree more. 

• Like 1

The board obviously feel Rodgers can turn it round and have given him an on paper better run of fixtures to do it; it's a massive gamble with massive ramifications if they get it wrong.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The board obviously feel Rodgers can turn it round and have given him an on paper better run of fixtures to do it; it's a massive gamble with massive ramifications if they get it wrong.

Really hope there's not a blind belief of the 2014/15 great escape when a kind run of fixtures launched the spring pad to an extraordinary 14 months. They get this wrong and we are done with a little over a 3rd of the season gone and they'll pay the price massively.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it even more alarming to us that he's not even had a vote of confidence. Our club have been so so quiet for quite some time and I think Top needs to stand up and attempt to communicate with our fragmented fan base right now.

Didn't he do that in the programme notes against Southampton? 

I don't get all this clamouring for a statement. They're not usually the most vocal of people so I think it's just wishful thinking expecting it. 

Also, they're probably weary of how needy we are as a fan base, and know how much we'll twist and scrutinise every single word. 

It doesn't surprise me there's been no 'statement' from them. The next statement we actually need is one saying he's sacked, not one saying he has a few more games or chances to turn things around. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Didn't he do that in the programme notes against Southampton? 

I don't get all this clamouring for a statement. They're not usually the most vocal of people so I think it's just wishful thinking expecting it. 

Also, they're probably weary of how needy we are as a fan base, and know how much we'll twist and scrutinise every single word. 

It doesn't surprise me there's been no 'statement' from them. The next statement we actually need is one saying he's sacked, not one saying he has a few more games or chances to turn things around. 

True, I suppose in unfathomable absence of the decision that is so so overdue, an explanation is required as to what on earth they are doing. 

• Like 1