Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it even more alarming to us that he's not even had a vote of confidence. Our club have been so so quiet for quite some time and I think Top needs to stand up and attempt to communicate with our fragmented fan base right now.

....very much what I have been saying, either back him or sack him!!!

This is now not so much about Rodgers as the ability for Top to take us further forward. The plan was already in place when he took over the reins, the next step in this club's evolution is now down to Top's vision and leadership. At this moment we do not know what he sees for us in the future, his next manager will be interesting as I feel going safe will be what he will be looking to do

His handling of this situation has not been the best, communication is a big feature, from various departments, at this club for the last few seasons and it has been poor,, to say the least.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it even more alarming to us that he's not even had a vote of confidence. Our club have been so so quiet for quite some time and I think Top needs to stand up and attempt to communicate with our fragmented fan base right now.

I was thinking this the other day, and that maybe it means something is happening behind the scenes. But I don’t think they’ve gave votes of confidence in the past with the exception of Ranieri. Maybe someone can correct me. :dunno:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I was thinking this the other day, and that maybe it means something is happening behind the scenes. But I don’t think they’ve gave votes of confidence in the past with the exception of Ranieri. Maybe someone can correct me. :dunno:

Pearson they had to after the did they/didn't they sack him episode. Top was very quiet on Puel but there were plenty of stories being leaked to the press that he was under huge pressure and likely going to be sacked, no-one really credible is willing to stick their neck out yet and say that's to happen as I assume the club are giving away absolutely nothing.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Pearson they had to after the did they/didn't they sack him episode. Top was very quiet on Puel but there were plenty of stories being leaked to the press that he was under huge pressure and likely going to be sacked, no-one really credible is willing to stick their neck out yet and say that's to happen as I assume the club are giving away absolutely nothing.

This is intentional I believe. I know they’re trying to knuckle down on any press leaks - we’ve seen less of it during Brendan’s reign compared to Puel. 

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Top sacked Pearson mid-season and was over-ruled by Vichai. Also sacked Puel after a winless run about a month after the chopper crash.

He is however aware that this will cost him at the very least 10m, probably more and won't be overly keen to piss more money down the drain until it's absolutely necessary.

...whether he sacks him now or three months down the line it will still cost the same!!!

Sack him right now and save £200k per week, until we get the new manager in. We keep him on the books and we are still shelling out money that is rumoured that we don't appear to have.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I have wondered if this is a massive internal game of brinkmanship between the hierarchy and Rodgers?

Has Top seen what he effectively sees as Rodgers deliberately not performing in order to get sacked - and activate a pay out - and he fees so aggrieved at this that he’s trying to avoid paying this money that he feels is not deserved? 

Is Top maybe trying to push Rodgers to the point of resigning by retaining him?

It’s clear the longer he stays, the more damage he’s doing to his reputation?

The question is how much does BR care about his reputation in comparison to £10 million? 

It’s a hell of a risk to take with the club given how we’re performing, but I’m not sure how I make sense of the current situation without bringing in some sort of wild theory like the one above.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This summer the club does seem to have closed ranks and their seems far less leaks to the media, which is very much in keeping with how the club used to operate. Both the Faes and Smithies deals only seemed to get into the public domain once they were pretty much done and dusted. 

also and I feel this is the most telling, the appointment of Lars Knudsen as set piece coach, despite his visa issues again at no stage before him arriving was there any leaks in the media. 

This is why I can’t help but think in the background things are happening, the silence is deafening in my opinion, surely if the club had decided to back Rodgers then a Dorsett/Tanner/Percy would have had some sort of briefing saying Brendan still has the support of the board or owner etc etc 

There js nothing, however if we are in negotiations for him to leave the club and given the complexities and finances involved then this will be a very delicate and sensitive time where confidentially will be critical, particularly if the club are offering a reduced compensation package in return for Brendan to leave under his own choosing and therefore some damage limitation in terms of his reputation. In this circumstance neither party can afford for any media leaks as this would have a detrimental impact on negotiations and reaching an amicable compromise for both parties. 

it is easy to leak when it was Puel as I would Imagine the severance deal would be straight forward whereas in this case it is clearly very complex.  It is also highly unlikely these negotiations will be taking place at the King Power or Seagrave, in fact they may not be even happening in this country, especially considering it’s an international break. 

If Brendan does leave, I would imagine the announcement will be pretty much out of the blue or certainly without any prior leaks until the announcement is made or the club call a press conference. 

There were also senior player leaks in those days due to discontent in the camp.

I still think the rump of the squad (especially the chosen ones) are still with the coach and Top believes that this means we should get results against the likes of forest and Bournemouth. Hence he sees no need to act quickly but he knows that he has to find someone because rodgers doesn’t want to be here. 

if the players decide they aren’t having him (as happened with puel and Claudio) then he will be forced to get rid and ask stowell to step up. 

this does present an interesting dynamic as Brendan surely wants out asap and he won’t want to upset players he has a close relationship with to drive that. 

of course if rodgers tells rudkin (off the record) that he’s making little effort tactically to prepare for games then we would also be forced to act. 

Edited by st albans fox

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This summer the club does seem to have closed ranks and their seems far less leaks to the media, which is very much in keeping with how the club used to operate. Both the Faes and Smithies deals only seemed to get into the public domain once they were pretty much done and dusted. 

also and I feel this is the most telling, the appointment of Lars Knudsen as set piece coach, despite his visa issues again at no stage before him arriving was there any leaks in the media. 

This is why I can’t help but think in the background things are happening, the silence is deafening in my opinion, surely if the club had decided to back Rodgers then a Dorsett/Tanner/Percy would have had some sort of briefing saying Brendan still has the support of the board or owner etc etc 

There js nothing, however if we are in negotiations for him to leave the club and given the complexities and finances involved then this will be a very delicate and sensitive time where confidentially will be critical, particularly if the club are offering a reduced compensation package in return for Brendan to leave under his own choosing and therefore some damage limitation in terms of his reputation. In this circumstance neither party can afford for any media leaks as this would have a detrimental impact on negotiations and reaching an amicable compromise for both parties. 

it is easy to leak when it was Puel as I would Imagine the severance deal would be straight forward whereas in this case it is clearly very complex.  It is also highly unlikely these negotiations will be taking place at the King Power or Seagrave, in fact they may not be even happening in this country, especially considering it’s an international break. 

If Brendan does leave, I would imagine the announcement will be pretty much out of the blue or certainly without any prior leaks until the announcement is made or the club call a press conference. 

...I  feel you are giving  the club too much credit!!!

Why would you assume that the severance would be a complex negotiation as the terms would have been stipulated in the original contract. 

• Like 1