Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

So if we lose against Forest, he might be sacked but might not be. 

If we win against Forest, he most definitely won't be sacked. 

What a glum old time for our club :(

Atleast people have been careful what they wish for.

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Atmosphere at Forest is going to be an experience. 

Literally the only reason I’m going. Intrigued.

Plus ironically I’ll be really up for the game spreading and adding to the bile.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

How to ruin a football club in a few years

It actually is! We have been the club that has been "well run", gone about everything the right way to try and get into the top 6. Did it once (winning the league) and flirted with it a couple times under Rodgers. Now reduced to an inabailty to replace good departing players, a relegation battle and refusing to change the manager.

I'm surprised at Susan, yes what Top ultimately want goes but I just thought she wouldn't put up with this.  Maybe she is being ignored and Top is ignoring all sensible advice and the votes of the board. If that is the case then that is a massive massive worry. Will we end up losing her as well as players? 

Just now, Hales said:

I'm surprised at Susan, yes what Top ultimately want goes but I just thought she wouldn't put up with this.  Maybe she is being ignored and Top is ignoring all sensible advice and the votes of the board. If that is the case then that is a massive massive worry. Will we end up losing her as well as players? 

Does Whelan want him out then? 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Does Whelan want him out then? 

I have no idea and I'm purely speculating but she seems sensible and level headed and has always made fantastic decisions for the club. I would be amazed if she wanted this situation to continue from a business perspective? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hales said:

I have no idea and I'm purely speculating but she seems sensible and level headed and has always made fantastic decisions for the club. I would be amazed if she wanted this situation to continue from a business perspective? 

I always thought Susan and Brendan looked way to close whenever they appeared together….. like wayyyyy to close 👀

I'm genuinely concerned about the ownership of our club now.

- Lack of money

- Constant borrowing of money

- Inability to address areas of concern with the team (replacement of aged/sold players)

- Poor recruitment

- High wages to poor players

- Retaining Rodgers for far longer then he should have

F*** it, let's get a petition going and send it straight to the club!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s a nothing statement by Tanner. He has no idea and is just guessing in my opinion. However, his guess is likely correct. IF Brendan can’t manufacture a win against Forest then surely we are done and so is he.  

How has it come to this though? How has it come to us needing a manager to save himself in order for us to save ourselves?! As soon as there was any sign of danger then he should have been out of the door. 

Just now, Aleksz said:

Managing to get the fan base borderline willing for a lost against Forest is a level of incompetence/negligence I once never thought King Power were capable of.

Sorry but not everyone in the fan base is willing for a loss against them ffs lol

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable to want to beat the cvnts and for Rodgers to lose his job. 

Nevertheless, its going to be a very weird atmosphere for what has fast become the biggest game of the season - it should be one that blows the roof off, but the ownership's indecision to sack Rodgers, and Rodgers own incompetence has well and truly thrown that out the window. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Sorry but not everyone in the fan base is willing for a loss against them ffs lol

It's perfectly understandable and acceptable to want to beat the cvnts and for Rodgers to lose his job. 

Nevertheless, its going to be a very weird atmosphere for what has fast become the biggest game of the season - it should be one that blows the roof off, but the ownership's indecision to sack Rodgers, and Rodgers own incompetence has well and truly thrown that out the window. 

Don’t disagree mate but there’s also a healthy amount that just want this over with now. One step backward further to actually take some forward. 

Sure it would be nice to get our first win and especially against that lot. But if it’s just going to paper over the cracks what’s the point. 

If this is in fact the decision (there really isn’t anything in the article to suggest this is anything other than guess work) and they’ve decided to give him a bit longer, I really don’t like it, but I absolutely understand it.

2 x 5th places, an FA Cup and a European semi final have bought him time.  To reach a semi final and finish 8th with the injuries we had last season was an achievement in itself so in that respect, he’s earned the chance to turn it around.

Lets say for instance, by the time of the world cup, we’ve gone on a good run and are sitting say 14th.  The platform is there for after the international break.  Youri will go and probably Maddison too.  That’ll free up funds and we’ll attack the 2nd half of the season.

I don’t like it, not many people do.  However it’s as much of a gamble as switching to another manager that might turn out to be worse.

Better the devil you know etc.

Fail to beat Forest and he either doesn't get sacked and everything becomes more toxic, or he does get sacked and we've wasted 16 day international break to bring someone in ahead of the biggest match of the season.

Beat Forest and the board will feel smug with themselves and it will buy him more time, but we all know it's only papering over the gaping cracks.

No matter what we lose.

Sheer and utter incompetence.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

How has it come to this though? How has it come to us needing a manager to save himself in order for us to save ourselves?! As soon as there was any sign of danger then he should have been out of the door. 

I totally agree. His rank failure to secure top 4 twice was enough for me. No decent manager could oversee such repeated collapses in form without being able to change it. 

Last season was a joke hidden behind an injury crisis. The writing has been on the wall for far too long. 

Many say that the club are run by professionals who know what they are doing. This is a myth which has now been sorely exposed. We are being run by spineless idiots. 

IF we manage a win against Forest it solves nothing. In fact it just prolongs the decline and will likely assure relegation. We are in very dark times and there really is no need for it. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If this is in fact the decision (there really isn’t anything in the article to suggest this is anything other than guess work) and they’ve decided to give him a bit longer, I really don’t like it, but I absolutely understand it.

2 x 5th places, an FA Cup and a European semi final have bought him time.  To reach a semi final and finish 8th with the injuries we had last season was an achievement in itself so in that respect, he’s earned the chance to turn it around.

Lets say for instance, by the time of the world cup, we’ve gone on a good run and are sitting say 14th.  The platform is there for after the international break.  Youri will go and probably Maddison too.  That’ll free up funds and we’ll attack the 2nd half of the season.

I don’t like it, not many people do.  However it’s as much of a gamble as switching to another manager that might turn out to be worse.

Better the devil you know etc.

No, just no.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Lose to Forest and he’ll be sacked the next day then this two weeks without a game will have been wasted

I don’t see why winning against Forest is seen as a benchmark of success. They’re one spot above us. We need to be aiming for wins against the likes of Newcastle, Leeds or Everton to know that we’re out of danger.

He’s gonna be here until the ship is firmly under water, isn’t he?