Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Do the club not realise Brendan WANTS the sack? He is making bizarre decisions to speed up the process. So if we give him the Forest game he will just f**k that up too so he gets his pay off. 

Listen to his post match interviews calling out the fans, owners, throwing players under the bus, you don’t do that unless you want the sack.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Atleast people have been careful what they wish for.

Literally the only reason I’m going. Intrigued.

Plus ironically I’ll be really up for the game spreading and adding to the bile.

Hahaha be careful what you wish for, don’t hear that much these past few weeks, wonder why!!

Said I wouldn’t go another game whilst Rodgers is here but gonna go Forest purely to shout my feelings towards Rodgers and the board. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If this is in fact the decision (there really isn’t anything in the article to suggest this is anything other than guess work) and they’ve decided to give him a bit longer, I really don’t like it, but I absolutely understand it.

2 x 5th places, an FA Cup and a European semi final have bought him time.  To reach a semi final and finish 8th with the injuries we had last season was an achievement in itself so in that respect, he’s earned the chance to turn it around.

Lets say for instance, by the time of the world cup, we’ve gone on a good run and are sitting say 14th.  The platform is there for after the international break.  Youri will go and probably Maddison too.  That’ll free up funds and we’ll attack the 2nd half of the season.

I don’t like it, not many people do.  However it’s as much of a gamble as switching to another manager that might turn out to be worse.

Better the devil you know etc.

All Boulder dash I’m afraid at this point my friend. The man is brown bread and we all know it. Top and the board are choosing to sink us because they know virtually nothing about football and only think about the pound note. We are run by idiots and we’ll be relegated for it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

If this is in fact the decision (there really isn’t anything in the article to suggest this is anything other than guess work) and they’ve decided to give him a bit longer, I really don’t like it, but I absolutely understand it.

2 x 5th places, an FA Cup and a European semi final have bought him time.  To reach a semi final and finish 8th with the injuries we had last season was an achievement in itself so in that respect, he’s earned the chance to turn it around.

Lets say for instance, by the time of the world cup, we’ve gone on a good run and are sitting say 14th.  The platform is there for after the international break.  Youri will go and probably Maddison too.  That’ll free up funds and we’ll attack the 2nd half of the season.

I don’t like it, not many people do.  However it’s as much of a gamble as switching to another manager that might turn out to be worse.

1 - Past performance is not an indicator of future results. First rule of investment.

2 - He doesn't bloody want the chance to turn it around! He's made that abundantly clear.

3 - How is this 'good run' coming about? Have you seen a single game this season?

This is just ludicrous blind optimism at this point.

It's virtually impossible for another manager to be worse! We have 1 point from 7 games and are conceding over 3 goals a game. How can it be worse?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

CE01E50C-4A41-4264-90F0-D98D41F2A6C5.jpeg

Thing is, Brendan needs to actually want to solve these issues. Everything we have seen of him so far shows a man with little interest in doing so.

My fear now, is that with Brendan and Top likely having a good relationship, that Top has bought into Brendan's reasons as to why its not working right now.  Maybe Brendan is being given time to try and get the best he can out of what he has, and then maybe given budget for players in the January window. Otherwise, i simply don't see what is going on here at all.

9 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Name change to Most Unrealist Guy In The Room please. 

Nothing we’ve seen so far suggests a good run, it’s the opposite if anything. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Cracking job by Tanner, his interactions on Twitter must be going mad over what is pretty much a guess lol

Pretty sure it's not a guess mate. He's normally pretty well informed.

5 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

it's so irritating that we've only really started to get what we deserve this season. 

if we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season as we probably should've done, the board may have been pressed into making a decision, giving a new manager a whole summer. 

Init. 

Too many excuses were made for him last season, come to bite us in the arse now. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, somebum said:

Is something big around the corner, financially? 

Can only assume we've basically assumed we'd reach Europe every year and are in serious breach of ffp. Makes the 8th finish last year a massive failure if that's the case.

12 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Lose to Forest and he’ll be sacked the next day then this two weeks without a game will have been wasted

Who says it's being wasted. Just because they've  not sacked him yet don't mean they are not doing anything.

They could sack him at the weekend and the new man walks in Monday.

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Cracking job by Tanner, his interactions on Twitter must be going mad over what is pretty much a guess lol

In all seriousness this is on the club. 

They should at least be feeding him something that can be even remotely taken as a stance. 

At the moment it just feels like they don't give a shit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can only assume we've basically assumed we'd reach Europe every year and are in serious breach of ffp. Makes the 8th finish last year a massive failure if that's the case.

Leeds 2.0 - Ridsdale & O'Leary

Edited by wurmer
Sprelling

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Pretty sure it's not a guess mate. He's normally pretty well informed.

I just find it a bit strange then that he seems to still be using words that don’t actually confirm if he does actually know

Plenty use of “might get another chance” and “it seems like he is getting more time”

Just sounds like the thinking on here that it seems like he is getting another chance because he hasn’t been sacked yet

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I just find it a bit strange then that he seems to still be using words that don’t actually confirm if he does actually know

Plenty use of “might get another chance” and “it seems like he is getting more time”

Just sounds like the thinking on here that it seems like he is getting another chance because he hasn’t been sacked yet

I guess if one person tells you one thing there's still a chance it might be wrong.

For example it could be the case that the comms director would brief but top could change his mind.