Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

we had 2 weeks after the Brighton game , plus a set piece coach and the defending got worse . It’s going to be horrendous against Forest . I m working in Nottingham a lot and this could ruin my life 

Surprised you're still breathing after the FA Cup debacle to be honest?

Yeah, he's not going until the world cup, now. After Forest you've got 7 games, of which I would usually expect us to get 9 points (2 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses). 

It's a very doable run and I can imagine he's convinced Top to let him have it. Conveniently ignoring the fact we've had Brentford and Southampton at home, along with a very winnable Man United. 

Just now, tsintskaro said:

For how long will these clowns defend owners and call out anyone who calls them idiots?

Brendan will be sacked sooner or later, but future is hardly bright after that either

I defend the owners and I'm eternally grateful for their contribution to the club in addition to their continued commitment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The idea that the squad will benefit from the preparation time prior to Forest is ludicrous. Most of the first team are away and we've just had a 2 week break with the entire squad available and then lost 6-2.

At least they will get some decent coaching is the only positive I can see.

Rebel against Rodgers instructions.

Win.

Conduct interviews saying that.

Rodgers sacked.

problem solved

wake up and go to work in a strop

I think it's clear, given the lack of any news from the club, the tidbits that have made it out and purely reading between the lines, that the owner has chosen to roll the dice, giving rat-face until the world cup, with a hope that they'll be able to bring someone in in Jan, with maybe a bit of cash provided to perform a miracle and get us out of the sh*t.

If this is the reality, then prepare for the Championship, because we are going down.

2 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Owner* we have one owner now and he looks like he's in over his head atm

Owners in terms of the family. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha is the chairman. 

"Looks like"

Meaning you actually don't know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Tanner literally knows nothing. I’ve resigned myself to Rodgers being in charge for Forest but it’s nothing to do with Tanner’s info. 

I think he regularly writes pretty boring & uninspiring pieces in the Athletic, but he's obviously got good sources from previous experience. 

I'm with you though, regardless of Tanner's column this morning I am fully expecting Rodgers in the dugout for the foreseeable

Some people on here are brainless.

Tanner works for a subscription based service, writing nothing to report isn't going to drive subs.

Write an article that fires up the fan base, on the back of assumptions drives more subs.

The bloke knows little, when has he broken a major story first?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Headline is a bit click-baity but the conversation before poch talk is good.

Mentions playing a different way, more compact etc.

I like Bent. He was on yesterday talking about forest and Steve Cooper and said he reads local news. The other bloke didn't even know how. (Spooler alert, internet) and the other bloke was dumbfounded that he actually researched stuff!)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We’re building a stadium extension and in serious financial trouble.

And we’re throwing away our Premier League money.

We are insane.

There is something about us and building/extending the stadium and administration. 

We are playing not too dissimilar to 2000/2001 too. 

A hotel for Rotherham fans. That's what we are doing. 

40 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

it's so irritating that we've only really started to get what we deserve this season. 

if we stayed up by the skin of our teeth last season as we probably should've done, the board may have been pressed into making a decision, giving a new manager a whole summer. 

Apart from relegation, finishing 8th last season was in many respects the worst thing that could have happened. 

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can only assume we've basically assumed we'd reach Europe every year and are in serious breach of ffp. Makes the 8th finish last year a massive failure if that's the case.

I don't think that's the case. Europa League or Conference League earns us between £10-30m but we'd also have bonuses paid out for qualification and it really isn't that sizeable amount. If the club genuinely forecasted our finances based on CL football every year instead then we deserve to be liquidated.

I'm not putting too much into the tanner article. My initial thought was this article was based on the fact there's no chatter about a replacement, rather than because he’d been told BR has been given more time. 

I just really hope the reason he's still here is because the board are doing their due diligence on finding the correct replacement (now that Potter isn't an option) before giving him the boot. 

Edited by MrLuke