Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

51 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Who says it's being wasted. Just because they've  not sacked him yet don't mean they are not doing anything.

They could sack him at the weekend and the new man walks in Monday.

Two weeks wasted as in the new manager could of had that time with the team before the Forest game and worked on the massive issues we have in defence

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think that's the case. Europa League or Conference League earns us between £10-30m but we'd also have bonuses paid out for qualification and it really isn't that sizeable amount. If the club genuinely forecasted our finances based on CL football every year instead then we deserve to be liquidated.

Exactly, this club should NEVER be run with the assumption that we will qualify for Europe. That is elevating incompetence to emphatic and operatic levels. That is serious early 2000's Leeds United stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

If he does, there will be a mass-deletion of comments on a scale never seen before on a forum.

Its the fawning comments from a couple of years ago that are embarrassing. He has never been that good , almost NO managers are. Unless he has a road to Jerusalem moment and ditches the high line crap , he will never turn it round.  A Guardiola quote. .  " managers are overrated"  remember that. .Whoever gets the job here , do not start another personality cult for God's sake.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think that's the case. Europa League or Conference League earns us between £10-30m but we'd also have bonuses paid out for qualification and it really isn't that sizeable amount. If the club genuinely forecasted our finances based on CL football every year instead then we deserve to be liquidated.

I can only assume the latter as right now we've recovered the best part of 80m over the course of the summer, spent less than 15m and still can't afford a new player nor a new manager.

It's looking a car crash that we're only just seeing the start of.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

Rodgers bins players who dont fit his play...or who lose confidence.  He hires more players he wont pick. Over time he points fingers. After 2 years in every job these factors lead to failure.   He can win some points but he wont turn the togetherness around.

He is not an inspiring leader.   They will be sacking him before his contract ends.  If they sack him now we could avoid relegation 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers bins players who dont fit his play...or who lose confidence.  He hires more players he wont pick. Over time he points gingers. After 2 years in every job these factors lead to failure.   He can win some points but he wont turn the togetherness around.

He is not an inspiring leader.   They will be sacking him before his contract ends.  If they sack him now we could avoid relegation 

Gingers you say. Could he point Dyche?

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Imagine if he actually managed to turn it around lol 

There are some on here who would be angry if we won every remaining game this season* because it would mean Rodgers wouldn't get sacked.**

*No, of course I'm not saying I think that could happen.

**And no, I'm not saying I don't think he should go.

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I can only assume the latter as right now we've recovered the best part of 80m over the course of the summer, spent less than 15m and still can't afford a new player nor a new manager.

It's a car crash and I think we're only just seeing the start of it.

Our model was to sell a player to fund other player trading, because we paid god wages to keep our good players happier for longer.

Last summer, not only did we not sell anyone, we also spent £60m. So it's swings and roundabouts, this summer we had to do the opposite.

• Like 2

I hope I am wrong but I suspect that in years to come we will end up being another case study in a club that aimed to break the elite and ended up failing massively.

Congrats on the world class training facility and the stadium expansion though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our model was to sell a player to fund other player trading, because we paid god wages to keep our good players happier for longer.

Last summer, not only did we not sell anyone, we also spent £60m. So it's swings and roundabouts, this summer we had to do the opposite.

That's on the assumption that it was in fact a model. It's never been proven to be the case.

Or, even worse, going into the last match knowing that three points would save us if it weren't for the abysmal minus 40 goal difference!

We will look back and see that the new manager would've saved us but for the massive defeats against Brighton, Spurs and Forest.

( does the goal difference thingy actually make the forest match a 'seven-pointer' ???? lol)

Edited by SuperMike
Cant spell

14 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Imagine a world where we end up going down by 1/2/3 points or something when we could have pulled the trigger and got someone new in weeks ago.

On the flip side, would staying up by a point be considered a success for whoever the new man is? 

There's more than enough points/games available coupled with fixture pile up for top teams this season. If we got a new man in tomorrow i'd still be after 49 more points from the 93 left available. Think that's 1.5 a game?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AjcW said:

On the flip side, would staying up by a point be considered a success for whoever the new man is? 

There's more than enough points/games available coupled with fixture pile up for top teams this season. If we got a new man in tomorrow i'd still be after 49 more points from the 93 left available. Think that's 1.5 a game?

Yes. A million times yes. 

This squad has had every bit of confidence & faith bludgeoned out of it by this cretin. 

The players have forgotten how to defend. Any man that comes in and organises this side & gets them singing off the same hymn sheet in time to keep us up has done a phenomenal job. 

We realistically have to shift from a team that concedes 2-3 goals a game to a team that concedes half that amount. That's a hell of a task.

If that happens, the impressiveness of it relies on when he comes in . If he comes in prior to the world cup break & keeps us up (As I suspect the club are planning for) then he will have done an excellent job. 

Edited by daddylonglegs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Any safety would be a win for the new manager.  We're in deep shlt and beggars can't be choosers.  I'd take 17th by a point right now and I promise you, so would whoever they hired as the manager.

Fair enough, was genuinely interested in the general concensus. 

It sort of doesn't match with the media 'this squad is too good to be where they are' though does it?

I also have that opinion too, hence the 49 suggestion. I just think this group used in the right way could still go on to have a respectable season around 12th/13th maybe? 

I think i've also got the lingering memory of how winning 7 games in a row can make a massive difference in this league. I know things seem horrific right now but if we sacked him and won 3 on the bounce chances are we would be 12th/13th

• Like 1