Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I seen somewhere we have had 20 points from the last 25 games, if that is true it’s hardly elite manager material lol 

We've got 15 points from the last 14 league games, not impressive, but does include a period when we won the holy grail of the FA Cup.

Even elite managers have poor runs of form.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've actually taken 33 points from the last 25 games which, over a 38 game league season, would be 50 points.

That gets us10-13 most seasons which is comfortable but not exciting. Is that representative of Rodgers's overall ability? Pretty close I reckon . The fear is can we maintain that when Vardy packs it in. His goals have been vital to us for the last seven years.

Edited by An Sionnach

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've actually taken 33 points from the last 25 games which, over a 38 game league season, would be 50 points.

Thanks for that, I thought it maybe wrong but it’s still not a great amount of points but I think there is slot of variables to that e.g Youri not really on it and our defence is a shambles because of injuries 

Guest StevieLynex

Don't mind Brendan going to Newcastle. I'm more concerned the players he might take with him given the mountain of cash that he would be given - hoping it would be Perez, Chaudhury and Vestegaard, but more likely to be Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison,Ndidi and Fofana 

Edited by StevieLynex

12 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rodgers has been in charge of us for 93 league games and got us 153 points.

That would be an average of 63 points, scoring 66 goals and conceding 46 per season.

Those points would've got us 7th, 5th, 7th, 6th, 7th, 6th, 6th, 8th, 6th, 7th in the past 10 seasons.

He's got us into Europe by league position twice and won us the FA Cup.

That may be comfortable but not exciting for some but bloody hell it's exciting for me.

That is a pretty good record I admit as an average.He has had of course one of the world's leading strikers to help him with that. We would all hope that Daka can continue that sort of scoring but if not , it will be a lot more difficult. Rodgers is a good manager but he can't guarantee that we will always be a top six side and to be honest I don't think any manager can. We just don't have the financial muscle.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

If you think about it logically, Newcastle would be appealing to him. He's already managed Liverpool, Man City won't go fo him, nor would Man United or Chelsea for that matter. He probably sees his best chance of managing an 'elite' club being to get in at the ground floor with a club that isn't at that level yet but has the unlimited resources to get there. 

1 hour ago, LCFC hub said:

That's the only difference with us. We have everything for him here except unlimited resources. For us to break into the 'elite' it would take us another 10 years of continuous European football to bridge the gap a little financially and even then we would struggle to compete money wise. 

Be interesting to see what happens with Newcastle whether they go for Rodgers or not. 

Im not so sure it’s the only thing, we can offer realistic expectations, talking about the owners not some of our fans here.
The PIF can say all they want about “in time we want to be..” “we know it will be hard to break….” Etc etc but let’s not kid ourselves who ever goes in needs to deliver and deliver fast, both Man City and Chelsea have had their fair share of managers since the money rolled in.
It’s not going to be a Watford style revolving door but I can see a few changes before they settle and I guess that’s normal in business there is going to be a huge change now you need someone that settles everything, then there’s growth then style before you finally hit the 1 you want, some like Rodgers is probably further down the line in that process.

That brings up the type of person Rodgers is, I say person but mean coach. He wants to nurture the buds, the PIF will probably want the finished article sooner rather than later.

Finally our owners, I would bet any manager worth his salt would find it hard to leave on their own accord with the owners we have, in such a fickle industry why would you jump ship into the unknown (owner wise) knowing they will want it and want it now.

When you fit the owners and the owners fit you that’s a huge reason to stay regardless of the riches you could have for the short time you will have them, Dyche casing point I’m sure he could get more money elsewhere but Burnley fits him.

35 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Don't mind Brendan going to Newcastle. I'm more concerned the players he might take with him given the mountain of cash that he would be given - hoping it would be Perez, Chaudhury and Vestegaard, but more likely to be Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison,Ndidi and Fofana 

I would drive maddison there 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Ludicrous…. I’m scratching my eyes reading some of the comments….. 

And let’s face it, Newcastle are basically now a Ferrari with a peugeot engine in it so why would he walk? 

Some people need to be very careful what they wish for……

Because soon they will be a Peugeot with a Ferrari engine? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Because soon they will be a Peugeot with a Ferrari engine? 

They won’t. They will get relegated. And then when they try to sign Mbappe they will realise that FFP Will limit them to the same wage structure as Man City, and they’re much bigger than Newcastle…….

This is all a temporary high for Newcastle. Anything Mike Ashley touches is bent, there is no way this works out for them. Trust me, they will continue to be a failure, just a rich failure. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Rodgers has been in charge of us for 93 league games and got us 153 points.

That would be an average of 63 points, scoring 66 goals and conceding 46 per season.

Those points would've got us 7th, 5th, 7th, 6th, 7th, 6th, 6th, 8th, 6th, 7th in the past 10 seasons.

He's got us into Europe by league position twice and won us the FA Cup.

That may be comfortable but not exciting for some but bloody hell it's exciting for me.

I think it’s because a lot of these kids weren’t here in the late 2000’s and subjected to absolute shit season upon season…….

How anyone can even suggest Rodgers is anything but our best manager ever is Insane……..

If and it’s a big if Rodgers was to leave for Newcastle, there would only be one loser, and it wouldn’t be the club on the Tyne…………

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I think it’s because a lot of these kids weren’t here in the late 2000’s and subjected to absolute shit season upon season…….

How anyone can even suggest Rodgers is anything but our best manager ever is Insane……..

If and it’s a big if Rodgers was to leave for Newcastle, there would only be one loser, and it wouldn’t be the club on the Tyne…………

....when you look at it, it is all pretty relative!!!

Back in the MON days we had the finance to bring in who we could afford. He did a great job and people of a certain age would put what he achieved right up there. 

The finance to back him, with the current and prospective infrastructure planned, has made us a pretty inviting project and you have to judge the difference in the periods to say one is the greatest. We are infinitely more wealthy that we have ever been in our history, that is a very big part of any future mangers starting position as to what they achieve down the line. 

• Like 2

Gotta be honest here... if you are owned by that kind of wealth i just dont see how Rodgers is your man. Surely they want world class and could get it on money alone. 

Hey Pep how much you making? £30 mill? How about £90?  Ok maybe a  bit silly but in due time.

Rodgers would be foolish to go there IMO. Not because I think he should stay here but because he would be used for stability in the top 6-8 and then be dumped for a manager to take them over the hump. Then it's back to treble treble celtic and their massive £10 mil budget.

Money talks though.

Edited by Jattdogg

Newcastle have to achieve a number of step goals.   Avoid relegation , start to regularly qualify for Europe (to the attract world class players... nb we are not putting up the money to leverage this), become a year in year out challenger for the epl (spurs failed to do this... man utd are tring to get back to this.)

They will need a different manager for each step... just as man city did. But which one is Rodgers?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10074359/amp/Newcastles-Saudi-takeover-met-FURIOUS-response-Premier-League-rivals.html?__twitter_impression=true

“One anticipated early move is the addition of former Liverpool chief scout and academy boss Frank McParland as a football adviser. 

McParland has close links with Steven Gerrard and Brendan Rodgers, two of the names who have cropped up in conversation concerning a replacement for Steve Bruce, who is set to be removed as manager.

It is likely assistant boss Graeme Jones will be placed in interim charge for the visit of Spurs a week on Sunday.

Sources say the new owners would prefer a manager with Premier League experience and there is a feeling Leicester boss Rodgers would be interested in the job. 

I'd be astounded if Rodgers was not interested in the Newcastle 'revolution'. I reckon he has a burning desire to stick 2 fingers up at Liverpool FC and gain a measure of revenge for his sacking. This would be a pathway to the possibility of achieving that.

It's likely that you don't want to be the first manager in charge after the takeover. A lot of work has to be done there to make them regular challengers and whomever takes over from Bruce is unlikely to reap the benefit of the clubs immediate wealth, in terms of trophies at least. 

Even allowing for that, I have a hunch that Brendan would find it impossible to turn down if offered. Don't hate on me, it's just a hunch.

• Like 1

Just now, Duquesne Whistle said:

I'd be astounded if Rodgers was not interested in the Newcastle 'revolution'. I reckon he has a burning desire to stick 2 fingers up at Liverpool FC and gain a measure of revenge for his sacking. This would be a pathway to the possibility of achieving that.

It's likely that you don't want to be the first manager in charge after the takeover. A lot of work has to be done there to make them regular challengers and whomever takes over from Bruce is unlikely to reap the benefit of the clubs immediate wealth, in terms of trophies at least. 

Even allowing for that, I have a hunch that Brendan would find it impossible to turn down if offered. Don't hate on me, it's just a hunch.

I am resigned to his departure tbh, I appreciate what Rodgers has done for us but if Rodgers wants to go, I hope the saga is not drawn out too long. Football is all about the present, personally I feel we can do better imo. I guess it’s the right time to part ways, and start a new managerial LCFC chapter.

• Like 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Rodgers isn’t going to Newcastle…… end of. 

If he did, it wouldn’t do his CV or reputation any good at all. 

£190m transfer kitty in the January transfer window plus his salary, money talks at the end of the day.

How does FFP work, how much would Newcastle have to spend and what's the point in it if you can just make up some BS self sponsorship deal to get around the rule?

From what I hear Newcastle want to emulate what we've done with development of training ground etc so Rodgers maybe on their radar, after all he is said to be the best coach